|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He fears his house will be attacked.
(b) He can't sleep.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He stays up reading.
2. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Get some money.
(b) Sit at the adult table.
(c) Get his own room.
(d) Ride a horse to town on his own.
3. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) Nobody- it is a draw.
(c) The civilians.
(d) The Union.
4. In Chapter 6, why does Matt want to thank Dave Burdow?
(a) For helping with the field work.
(b) For buying Jethro lunch.
(c) For protecting Jethro.
(d) For sending on some important news.
5. Who helps Jethro understand why Jenny won't share what she has with Jethro?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
2. What gift is Jethro given while he is in town?
3. What does Jenny give to Jethro as a special treat at the beginning of the book?
4. Why was Jenny's suitor refused?
5. Where is Jethro's oldest brother at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)