|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is given charge of the farm when Matt is incapacitated?
(a) Dave Burdow.
2. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He fears his house will be attacked.
(b) He can't sleep.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He stays up reading.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Jethro's father gives him before sending him to town?
(b) Trading goods.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A knife.
4. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
(a) With votes.
(b) With peace.
(c) With civil disputes.
(d) With debates.
5. What do the men in Jethro's family do when they hear of the beginning of the war?
(a) Start fighting.
(b) Change the subject.
(c) Busy themselves with other tasks.
(d) Kneel to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to NOT call the president?
2. Who refused Jenny's suitor?
3. Whose farm was Jethro taking care of when his father was incapacitated?
4. Where is Jethro's oldest brother at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Jethro view the impending war?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)