|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
(a) Joins the Army.
(c) Leaves home.
(d) Stops speaking.
2. What does Shadrach do for Jethro when he reads Tom's letter?
(a) Prays with him.
(b) Promises to find Tom and bring him home.
(c) Tells him that Tom will be fine.
(d) Draws a map.
3. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He fears his house will be attacked.
(c) He can't sleep.
(d) He stays up reading.
4. Why does Jenny not want to share with Jethro when she receives something important?
(a) She wants to read it first.
(b) She has been craving bread.
(c) It is very personal.
(d) Jethro was mean to her.
5. Who fights the most with Bill about his views when the war begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the family news of the beginning of the war?
2. How far away from the Creighton's house is Shadrach's cabin?
3. What do the men in Jethro's family try to avoid when they hear of the beginning of the war?
4. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
5. What month is it when Ellen first hears from Tom?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)