|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the family news of the beginning of the war?
(d) The postman.
2. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
(a) Ellen's nephew.
3. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
(a) They are ashamed of him.
(b) They respect him.
(c) They are suspicious of him.
(d) They resent them.
4. How many of Jethro's siblings have died at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Get his own room.
(b) Sit at the adult table.
(c) Ride a horse to town on his own.
(d) Get some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man who helps Jethro when he is being bullied at the store?
2. How far away from the Creighton's house is Shadrach's cabin?
3. Why does Jenny's father refuse to let her marry Shadrach after receiving Tom's letter?
4. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
5. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)