|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jethro view the impending war?
(a) He is frightened of losing one of his brothers.
(b) He sees it as an adventure.
(c) He thinks it will boost the corn sales.
(d) He finds it all very confusing.
2. Who demands that the boys stop their talk of war?
3. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The Union.
(d) Neither side.
4. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
(a) They cringe in fear.
(b) They are all very angry.
(c) They celebrate.
(d) They start to move.
5. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Get his own room.
(b) Sit at the adult table.
(c) Get some money.
(d) Ride a horse to town on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights the most with Bill about his views when the war begins?
2. What is Jethro and his family planting at the beginning of the book?
3. What do the men in the store tease Jethro about?
4. Whose house is Jethro nervous of passing on his way to town?
5. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to call the president?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)