|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Ellen's ailment in Chapter 5?
(a) Lack of coffee.
(b) They do not know.
(c) Dropping a water bucket on her foot.
(d) Eating bad chicken.
2. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
(a) Reading about the Confederate success.
(b) Pretending to be a soldier.
(c) Learning about the army advancements.
(d) Reading about the Union success.
3. What is Ellen suffering from at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) Some chest pains.
(c) A stomach ache.
(d) A headache.
4. How old is Jethro when this book begins?
5. Why does Jenny's father refuse to let her marry Shadrach after receiving Tom's letter?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is on the wrong side of the debate.
(d) He is going to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
2. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
3. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
4. What does Shadrach do for Jethro when he reads Tom's letter?
5. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to NOT call the president?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)