|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Bill use to describe war when talking to Jethro?
2. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
(a) Leaves home.
(c) Joins the Army.
(d) Stops speaking.
3. Who fights the most with Bill about his views when the war begins?
4. How do most people hear updates about the war?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) Letters from soldiers.
(d) Radio broadcasts.
5. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He stays up reading.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) He fears his house will be attacked.
(d) He can't sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first big battle of the Civil War?
2. The Creighton family receives their first war letter from who?
3. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
4. Who proposed to Jenny?
5. How many of Jethro's siblings have died at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)