|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bill tell first about who he has chosen to fight for?
2. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
3. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Ride a horse to town on his own.
(b) Get his own room.
(c) Sit at the adult table.
(d) Get some money.
4. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
(a) A little bit of both.
(b) The North.
(c) Neither side.
(d) The South.
5. Why was Jenny's suitor refused?
(a) She is too young.
(b) Jenny did not love him.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
2. Where is Jethro's oldest brother at the beginning of the book?
3. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
4. Who are the men waiting for at Jethro's house while they talk with Ellen's nephew?
5. What is the name of Jethro's mother?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)