|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Bill use to describe war when talking to Jethro?
2. Who proposed to Jenny?
3. How many of Jethro's siblings have died at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Jethro and his family live?
5. Which war begins during the second chapter of this book?
(a) The Mexican War.
(b) The French and Indian War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in Jethro's family try to avoid when they hear of the beginning of the war?
2. How does Jethro view the impending war?
3. How old was Mary when she died?
4. What is Jethro and his family planting at the beginning of the book?
5. Who demands that the boys stop their talk of war?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)