|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bill's family feel about his views?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They are suspicious of him.
(c) They are ashamed of him.
(d) They resent them.
2. Why was Jenny's suitor refused?
(a) He has no money.
(b) Jenny did not love him.
(c) She is too young.
(d) He is too young.
3. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
(a) A little bit of both.
(b) The North.
(c) Neither side.
(d) The South.
4. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) The civilians.
(c) Nobody- it is a draw.
(d) The Union.
5. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
(d) Ellen's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Jethro when he gets scared of the war?
2. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
3. How much older than Jethro is Jenny?
4. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
5. What do the men in Jethro's family try to avoid when they hear of the beginning of the war?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)