|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in Jethro's family try to avoid when they hear of the beginning of the war?
(b) Ellen's nephew.
(d) Their mother.
2. How old is Jenny at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the name of Jethro's mother?
4. What is Jethro and his family planting at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Ride a horse to town on his own.
(b) Sit at the adult table.
(c) Get his own room.
(d) Get some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jethro and his family live?
2. Which war begins during the second chapter of this book?
3. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
4. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
5. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)