|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He stays up reading.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) He fears his house will be attacked.
(d) He can't sleep.
2. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) The civilians.
(c) The Union.
(d) Nobody- it is a draw.
3. Who comforts Jethro when he gets scared of the war?
4. How many children does John have?
5. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
(a) They start to move.
(b) They are all very angry.
(c) They cringe in fear.
(d) They celebrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side does Tom favor?
2. Where is the first battle of the war?
3. Where is Jethro's oldest brother at the beginning of the book?
4. Who refused Jenny's suitor?
5. Who are the men waiting for at Jethro's house while they talk with Ellen's nephew?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)