|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
2. How does Jethro view the impending war?
(a) He sees it as an adventure.
(b) He thinks it will boost the corn sales.
(c) He is frightened of losing one of his brothers.
(d) He finds it all very confusing.
3. What do the men in Jethro's family try to avoid when they hear of the beginning of the war?
(b) Their mother.
(d) Ellen's nephew.
4. Who brings the family news of the beginning of the war?
(a) The postman.
5. What do the men in Jethro's family do when they hear of the beginning of the war?
(a) Change the subject.
(b) Start fighting.
(c) Busy themselves with other tasks.
(d) Kneel to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ellen's nephew?
2. How old is Jenny at the beginning of the book?
3. How many of Jethro's siblings have died at the beginning of the book?
4. Which war begins during the second chapter of this book?
5. What is Jethro and his family planting at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)