|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
(b) Joins the Army.
(c) Stops speaking.
(d) Leaves home.
2. What caused Ellen's ailment in Chapter 5?
(a) Lack of coffee.
(b) They do not know.
(c) Dropping a water bucket on her foot.
(d) Eating bad chicken.
3. What do Ellen and Nancy do for the men who help build their barn?
(a) Promise them portions of the harvest.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Hold a dance.
(d) Pay them some money.
4. What happens to Jethro's well while Matt is ill?
(a) It is filled in.
(b) It is covered with large stones.
(c) It is contaminated.
(d) It dries up.
5. How do most people hear updates about the war?
(b) Letters from soldiers.
(c) Word of mouth.
(d) Radio broadcasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny give to Jethro as a special treat at the beginning of the book?
2. How do many of Tom's friends die?
3. What is done about the frequent visitors to the farm while Matt is ill?
4. Who is Jethro's favorite brother?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Jethro does for the FIRST time in Chapter 5?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)