|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellen send Jethro after hearing from Tom?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To Shadrach's cabin.
(c) To town.
(d) To work in the fields.
2. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
(a) They celebrate.
(b) They are all very angry.
(c) They start to move.
(d) They cringe in fear.
3. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
(a) Reading about the Confederate success.
(b) Learning about the army advancements.
(c) Reading about the Union success.
(d) Pretending to be a soldier.
4. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to call the president?
(a) Mr. Lincoln.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) Sir Lincoln.
(d) Mr. President.
5. Why was Jenny's suitor refused?
(a) She is too young.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is too young.
(d) Jenny did not love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side of the war does Jethro believe in?
2. What dinner does Shadrach make for Jethro when he shares Tom's letter?
3. Who brings the family news of the beginning of the war?
4. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
5. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)