|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He stays up reading.
(b) He fears his house will be attacked.
(c) He can't sleep.
(d) He has nightmares.
2. What word does Bill use to describe war when talking to Jethro?
3. How do many of Tom's friends die?
(a) Died of food poisoning.
(b) Starved to death.
(c) Froze to death.
(d) Got shot.
4. Who comforts Jethro when he gets scared of the war?
5. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) The civilians.
(b) The Union.
(c) Nobody- it is a draw.
(d) The Confederates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side of the war does Jethro believe in?
2. Which side does Bill favor?
3. Who is Jethro's favorite brother?
4. What do the men in Jethro's family try to avoid when they hear of the beginning of the war?
5. Where does Ellen send Jethro after hearing from Tom?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)