|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
(a) Reading about the Union success.
(b) Pretending to be a soldier.
(c) Reading about the Confederate success.
(d) Learning about the army advancements.
2. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
(a) With votes.
(b) With peace.
(c) With debates.
(d) With civil disputes.
3. Who refused Jenny's suitor?
(b) Jenny's brothers.
(c) Jenny's father.
(d) Jenny's mother.
4. Which side of the war does Jethro believe in?
(a) The South.
(b) A little bit of both sides.
(c) The Union.
(d) Neither side.
5. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Sit at the adult table.
(b) Get some money.
(c) Get his own room.
(d) Ride a horse to town on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ellen's nephew?
2. Who demands that the boys stop their talk of war?
3. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
4. Who proposed to Jenny?
5. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)