|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He can't sleep.
(b) He fears his house will be attacked.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He stays up reading.
2. Where does Shadrach live?
(a) In the schoolhouse.
(b) In a small wood shack in the forest.
(c) In a boarding house in town.
(d) In the Creighton's barn.
3. Where does Ellen send Jethro after hearing from Tom?
(a) To town.
(b) To Shadrach's cabin.
(c) To the barn.
(d) To work in the fields.
4. Where is Ellen's nephew from?
(d) South Carolina.
5. How did Jethro's barn get destroyed?
(a) High rains flooded the river near the farm.
(b) Guy Wortman burned it down.
(c) Dave Burdow poisoned the hay feed for the animals.
(d) A wind storm destroyed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny receive that she does not want to share with Jethro?
2. What does Eb do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
3. Where is Jethro when he is told who Bill has chosen to fight for?
4. Who are the men waiting for at Jethro's house while they talk with Ellen's nephew?
5. Who is the president when this book takes place?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)