|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Shadrach heading a week after reading Tom's letter?
(a) To fight for the Confederacy.
(b) On a trip abroad.
(c) To fight for the Union.
(d) Taking his family out west.
2. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
(a) Dave Burdow poured sand and stones in it.
(b) A flood moved large stones over the top of it.
(c) Guy Wortman poured coal oil in it.
(d) A sick animal died in it.
3. What happens while Matt is heading to Dave Burdow's house?
(a) He meets an ambush.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He sprains his ankle.
(d) He has a heart attack.
4. Who demands that the boys stop their talk of war?
5. Who does Bill tell first about who he has chosen to fight for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the letter that Jenny does not want to share with Jethro?
2. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
3. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
4. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
5. What does Tom do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)