|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Ellen first hears from Tom?
2. What do many of Tom's friends do when the weather gets warm?
(a) Sold their blankets.
(b) Threw their winter gear away.
(c) Died of thirst.
(d) Got heat exhaustion.
3. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He fears his house will be attacked.
(b) He stays up reading.
(c) He can't sleep.
(d) He has nightmares.
4. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
(a) A flood moved large stones over the top of it.
(b) Guy Wortman poured coal oil in it.
(c) A sick animal died in it.
(d) Dave Burdow poured sand and stones in it.
5. How do most people hear updates about the war?
(a) Word of mouth.
(c) Letters from soldiers.
(d) Radio broadcasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jethro when he is told who Bill has chosen to fight for?
2. Where is John going a week after reading Tom's letter?
3. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
4. The Creightons' receive help with their barn in which seasons?
5. How far away from the Creighton's house is Shadrach's cabin?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)