|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jethro view the impending war?
(a) He finds it all very confusing.
(b) He sees it as an adventure.
(c) He thinks it will boost the corn sales.
(d) He is frightened of losing one of his brothers.
2. The Creightons' receive help with their barn in which seasons?
(a) Spring and summer.
(b) Winter and spring.
(c) Fall and winter.
(d) Summer and fall.
3. How do most people hear updates about the war?
(a) Radio broadcasts.
(b) Letters from soldiers.
(c) Word of mouth.
4. Where does Jethro and his family live?
5. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
(a) The Union.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The North.
(d) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the men waiting for at Jethro's house while they talk with Ellen's nephew?
2. Whose farm was Jethro taking care of when his father was incapacitated?
3. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
4. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
5. What news does the Lawrence boy bring home from the war?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)