|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
(a) Their dog went missing.
(b) They are worried about Matt dying.
(c) They are low on food.
(d) Jethro needs the help.
2. Why is Matt's family being so targeted in Chapter 6?
(a) Tom joined the Union.
(b) Matt said some harsh things about Guy Wortman.
(c) Bill joined the confederacy.
(d) Jethro did not trade well when he was in town.
3. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
(a) The South.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The Union.
(d) The North.
4. How did Jethro's barn get destroyed?
(a) High rains flooded the river near the farm.
(b) Dave Burdow poisoned the hay feed for the animals.
(c) Guy Wortman burned it down.
(d) A wind storm destroyed it.
5. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
(a) Take their pay away.
(b) Let them return to their posts.
(c) Give them amnesty.
(d) Allow them to go free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
2. What is the first big battle of the Civil War?
3. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
4. What happens to Jethro's well while Matt is ill?
5. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)