|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
(b) Ross Morton.
(d) Dave Burdow.
2. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
(a) A federal agent.
(b) A deserter.
(c) A wounded animal.
3. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
(b) Stops speaking.
(c) Joins the Army.
(d) Leaves home.
4. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
(a) They are worried about Matt dying.
(b) They are low on food.
(c) Jethro needs the help.
(d) Their dog went missing.
5. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
(a) With votes.
(b) With peace.
(c) With debates.
(d) With civil disputes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
2. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
3. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
4. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
5. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)