|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
(a) Reading about the Union success.
(b) Reading about the Confederate success.
(c) Pretending to be a soldier.
(d) Learning about the army advancements.
2. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
(a) Ross Morton.
(d) Dave Burdow.
3. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
(a) He has bad dreams.
(b) He wishes he could join the army.
(c) He has been smoking.
(d) He is tired.
4. What do Jenny and Jethro not like about the federal agents that come to the farm?
(a) Their language.
(b) Their smell of tobacco.
(c) Their disrespect to the president.
(d) Their mannerisms.
5. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) Nobody- it is a draw.
(b) The civilians.
(c) The Union.
(d) The Confederates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Matt want to thank Dave Burdow?
2. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
3. What happens to Jethro's barn while Matt is ill?
4. Who is given charge of the farm when Matt is incapacitated?
5. Where is Jethro when he is told who Bill has chosen to fight for?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)