|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
(a) The North.
(b) The Union.
(c) The South.
(d) Neither side.
2. What do Jenny and Jethro not like about the federal agents that come to the farm?
(a) Their smell of tobacco.
(b) Their language.
(c) Their mannerisms.
(d) Their disrespect to the president.
3. Who comforts Jethro when he gets scared of the war?
4. Why does Jenny not want to share with Jethro when she receives something important?
(a) It is very personal.
(b) She wants to read it first.
(c) Jethro was mean to her.
(d) She has been craving bread.
5. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
(a) A map.
(b) A book.
(c) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are deserters punished?
2. What is done about the frequent visitors to the farm while Matt is ill?
3. What happens while Matt is heading to Dave Burdow's house?
4. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
5. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)