|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
(a) Stops speaking.
(c) Leaves home.
(d) Joins the Army.
2. What word does Bill use to describe war when talking to Jethro?
3. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
(a) With civil disputes.
(b) With peace.
(c) With votes.
(d) With debates.
4. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
(a) They start to move.
(b) They celebrate.
(c) They are all very angry.
(d) They cringe in fear.
5. Why is Matt's family being so targeted in Chapter 6?
(a) Bill joined the confederacy.
(b) Tom joined the Union.
(c) Matt said some harsh things about Guy Wortman.
(d) Jethro did not trade well when he was in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
2. Where is Jethro when he is told who Bill has chosen to fight for?
3. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
4. What is done about the frequent visitors to the farm while Matt is ill?
5. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)