|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
2. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
(a) Allow them to go free.
(b) Let them return to their posts.
(c) Give them amnesty.
(d) Take their pay away.
3. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
(a) A sick animal died in it.
(b) Guy Wortman poured coal oil in it.
(c) A flood moved large stones over the top of it.
(d) Dave Burdow poured sand and stones in it.
4. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
(a) A map.
(b) A book.
(c) A weapon.
5. In Chapter 6, why does Matt want to thank Dave Burdow?
(a) For sending on some important news.
(b) For helping with the field work.
(c) For buying Jethro lunch.
(d) For protecting Jethro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
2. What happens to Jethro's barn while Matt is ill?
3. What is done about the frequent visitors to the farm while Matt is ill?
4. What happens while Matt is heading to Dave Burdow's house?
5. Who helps Jethro understand why Jenny won't share what she has with Jethro?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)