|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
(b) Ross Morton.
(c) Dave Burdow.
2. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
(a) With civil disputes.
(b) With debates.
(c) With votes.
(d) With peace.
3. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
(b) President Lincoln.
4. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He can't sleep.
(c) He stays up reading.
(d) He fears his house will be attacked.
5. What happens while Matt is heading to Dave Burdow's house?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He sprains his ankle.
(c) He meets an ambush.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Matt want to thank Dave Burdow?
3. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
4. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
5. How did Jethro's barn get destroyed?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)