|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He stays up reading.
(b) He can't sleep.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He fears his house will be attacked.
2. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
(a) A book.
(b) A map.
(c) A weapon.
3. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
(a) They resent them.
(b) They are ashamed of him.
(c) They are suspicious of him.
(d) They respect him.
4. Who pays frequent visits to the farm while Matt is ill?
(a) Russ Milton.
(b) Dave Burdow.
(d) Guy Wortman.
5. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
(a) He wishes he could join the army.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He has bad dreams.
(d) He has been smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
2. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
3. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
4. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
5. What word does Bill use to describe war when talking to Jethro?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)