|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
(a) He has bad dreams.
(b) He has been smoking.
(c) He wishes he could join the army.
(d) He is tired.
2. What happens to Jethro's well while Matt is ill?
(a) It is filled in.
(b) It is covered with large stones.
(c) It dries up.
(d) It is contaminated.
3. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
(a) They start to move.
(b) They are all very angry.
(c) They celebrate.
(d) They cringe in fear.
4. What do some people do on battlefields when the war begins?
(c) Call for peace.
(d) Take pictures.
5. What word does Bill use to describe war when talking to Jethro?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are deserters punished?
2. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
3. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
4. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
5. What does Eb do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)