1. How old is Jethro when this book begins?
2. What is the name of Jethro's mother?
3. What is Jethro and his family planting at the beginning of the book?
4. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
5. How many of Jethro's siblings have died at the beginning of the book?
6. Where is Jethro's oldest brother at the beginning of the book?
(a) At war.
(b) In California.
(c) In Heaven.
(d) In jail.
7. What is Shadrach's profession?
8. How old was Mary when she died?
9. How old is Jenny at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the name of John's wife?
11. How many children does John have?
12. How much older than Jethro is Jenny?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
13. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Get some money.
(b) Sit at the adult table.
(c) Ride a horse to town on his own.
(d) Get his own room.
This section contains 3,591 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)