|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
2. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
3. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
4. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
5. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of "The Accidental Tourist."
1. How does it shift throughout the novel, from a serious and somber tone to a comic one?
2. What characters exemplify a particular tone?
3. What is the purpose of tone for readers?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot and subplot of "The Accidental Tourist," including the following for both:
1. Rising Action.
Essay Topic 3
Grief plays a large role in the dissolution and reconciliation of Macon and Sarah's marriage. Discuss how Macon and Sarah experience grief in the novel, and how each recovers from their loss.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)