|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
2. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
3. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
4. Where is Muriel's house located?
5. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Grief plays a large role in the dissolution and reconciliation of Macon and Sarah's marriage. Discuss how Macon and Sarah experience grief in the novel, and how each recovers from their loss.
Essay Topic 2
Macon's inability to communicate presents major difficulties for him. Discuss the psychological reasons behind his withdrawal from those around him, and the ramifications of his actions, beginning with his marriage to Sarah to the present day.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of "The Accidental Tourist."
1. How does it shift throughout the novel, from a serious and somber tone to a comic one?
2. What characters exemplify a particular tone?
3. What is the purpose of tone for readers?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)