|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
2. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
3. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
4. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
5. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of animals in the novel.
1. How does Edward figure as a major character?
2. What are some similarities between Macon and his dog?
3. Why is it significant that Edward was Ethan's dog?
4. What major changes does Macon go through regarding his relationship with him?
Essay Topic 2
Tyler utilizes the third-person point of view in the novel to show Macon's thoughts, motives, and actions. Why do you think she uses "he" and "she" instead of "I." How would the novel be different if Macon was narrating it? Would we learn more or less from a first-person perspective?
Essay Topic 3
What is an accidental tourist?
1. Define each term and their connotations.
2. Besides Macon, who else is an accidental tourist?
3. What is the overall message or meaning of this concept?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)