Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
2. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
3. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
4. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
5. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
Tyler utilizes the third-person point of view in the novel to show Macon's thoughts, motives, and actions. Why do you think she uses "he" and "she" instead of "I." How would the novel be different if Macon was narrating it? Would we learn more or less from a first-person perspective?
Compare and contrast Macon's trips to various cities in the novel. Does his attitude toward travel change over the course of the novel? What significant events occur while he's away from home? Which trips are the most significant for his personal journey?
Discuss the tone of "The Accidental Tourist."
1. How does it shift throughout the novel, from a serious and somber tone to a comic one?
2. What characters exemplify a particular tone?
3. What is the purpose of tone for readers?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)