|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
2. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
3. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
4. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
5. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Macon's inability to communicate presents major difficulties for him. Discuss the psychological reasons behind his withdrawal from those around him, and the ramifications of his actions, beginning with his marriage to Sarah to the present day.
Essay Topic 2
What is an accidental tourist?
1. Define each term and their connotations.
2. Besides Macon, who else is an accidental tourist?
3. What is the overall message or meaning of this concept?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in "The Accidental Tourist," discussing the following scenarios:
1. Macon's conflict with society.
2. Macon's conflict with Sarah.
3. Macon's conflict with Muriel.
4. Macon's conflict with himself.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)