Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
2. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
3. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
4. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
5. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
Discuss how Muriel is a foil to Macon in "The Accidental Tourist."
1. How does her presence create narrative tension and propel the plot forward?
2. How is Muriel the impetus for change in Macon's attitude?
Discuss the role of setting in the novel, and how its significance regarding the characters.
1. What facts about Baltimore and its history relate directly or indirectly to the novel?
2. Why is it significant that Macon and Muriel live in different parts of the city?
3. How is it significant that major events occur when Macon is away from home?
The definition of family in "The Accidental Tourist" is a complicated one, one that is constantly shifting and evolving.
1. Discuss what makes a family in the novel. Is it blood relations, obligations, emotional bonds, or all three?
2. How do the families function? Which ones flounder? Which ones thrive?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)