|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
2. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
3. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
4. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
5. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The issue of class is significant in the novel. Macon's family is middle-class, while Muriel has a working-class background. When Macon begins to see Muriel, his family do not approve of Muriel because they think she is just out for a meal ticket. How are Macon's reservations about Muriel also about class division?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot and subplot of "The Accidental Tourist," including the following for both:
1. Rising Action.
Essay Topic 3
Grief plays a large role in the dissolution and reconciliation of Macon and Sarah's marriage. Discuss how Macon and Sarah experience grief in the novel, and how each recovers from their loss.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)