|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
2. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
3. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
4. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
5. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot and subplot of "The Accidental Tourist," including the following for both:
1. Rising Action.
Essay Topic 2
Grief plays a large role in the dissolution and reconciliation of Macon and Sarah's marriage. Discuss how Macon and Sarah experience grief in the novel, and how each recovers from their loss.
Essay Topic 3
Holidays function as significant events for Macon and his family. Discuss the family dynamics at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and what they reveal about the characters' relationships with one another.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)