|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
2. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
3. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
4. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
5. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot and subplot of "The Accidental Tourist," including the following for both:
1. Rising Action.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflict in "The Accidental Tourist," discussing the following scenarios:
1. Macon's conflict with society.
2. Macon's conflict with Sarah.
3. Macon's conflict with Muriel.
4. Macon's conflict with himself.
Essay Topic 3
Macon's inability to communicate presents major difficulties for him. Discuss the psychological reasons behind his withdrawal from those around him, and the ramifications of his actions, beginning with his marriage to Sarah to the present day.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)