|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
2. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
3. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
4. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
5. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of setting in the novel, and how its significance regarding the characters.
1. What facts about Baltimore and its history relate directly or indirectly to the novel?
2. Why is it significant that Macon and Muriel live in different parts of the city?
3. How is it significant that major events occur when Macon is away from home?
Essay Topic 2
What does Tyler want readers to understand about being saved in life and who does the saving? Who are the heroes and heroines in this novel? What is the overall message or theme of "The Accidental Tourist"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot and subplot of "The Accidental Tourist," including the following for both:
1. Rising Action.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)