|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
2. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
3. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
4. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
5. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian offer to Macon when he comes over in Chapter 6?
2. Describe Muriel Pritchett when Macon first meets her and when he picks up Edward.
3. When Julian, Rose, Charles, and Macon are making small-talk, why does Sarah call Macon?
4. When Macon's neighbor, Garner Bolt, visits him, what does he reveal people's perception of Macon?
5. How does Edward respond to Muriel and her training lessons?
6. How does Julian get injured while visiting Macon?
7. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to and why is it significant?
8. How does Macon feel about Muriel?
9. Why is Muriel upset about Macon finding out she has a son and what does her misunderstanding lead to?
10. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Tyler want readers to understand about being saved in life and who does the saving? Who are the heroes and heroines in this novel? What is the overall message or theme of "The Accidental Tourist"?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Macon and Rose share many similarities. Like Macon, Rose doesn't like change and chooses a partner who is very different from herself. Discuss Rose as a character and her decision to move back home to take care of her brothers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Leary Family and the Dugan Family. Discuss the following in terms of their function or dysfunction, their relationship to society and one another, and how Macon and Muriel fit in or don't it with them:
1. The roles of mothers.
2. The roles of fathers.
3. The roles of siblings.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)