Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
2. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
3. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
4. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
5. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian offer to Macon when he comes over in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
3. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
4. What are Macon's and Sarah's reactions to the stormy weather and why are they significant?
5. Why do the Learys disapprove of Macon's relationship with Muriel?
6. Why is Macon disappointed when he disembarks from his flight from London and returns home?
7. In Chapter 12, Macon begins to spend a lot of time with Muriel. What is Rose's response to his absence from home and why is it significant?
8. What is Muriel's response to her mother's revelations about her and what does she give Macon?
9. In Chapter 4, how does Macon occupy his time?
10. In Philadelphia, what does Porter's daughter, Susan, tell Macon about Ethan?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of setting in the novel, and how its significance regarding the characters.
1. What facts about Baltimore and its history relate directly or indirectly to the novel?
2. Why is it significant that Macon and Muriel live in different parts of the city?
3. How is it significant that major events occur when Macon is away from home?
Essay Topic 2
What is an accidental tourist?
1. Define each term and their connotations.
2. Besides Macon, who else is an accidental tourist?
3. What is the overall message or meaning of this concept?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot and subplot of "The Accidental Tourist," including the following for both:
1. Rising Action.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)