|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
2. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
3. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
4. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
5. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
2. In Chapter 19, how have Sarah and Macon picked up their domestic life where they left off?
3. According to Macon, what was his mother like while he was growing up and how did she approach parenting?
4. What realization does Macon come to in Paris?
5. Recount Macon's trip to England, paying close attention to his specific habits and goals.
6. What does Muriel do as she trains Edward and what kind of personality does she have?
7. Why do the Learys disapprove of Macon's relationship with Muriel?
8. When Macon brings his note of apology to Muriel and breaks down at her door, what is her response and why is it significant?
9. What does Muriel tell Macon about herself in Chapter 7?
10. What happened to Macon and Sarah's son, Ethan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of animals in the novel.
1. How does Edward figure as a major character?
2. What are some similarities between Macon and his dog?
3. Why is it significant that Edward was Ethan's dog?
4. What major changes does Macon go through regarding his relationship with him?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Leary Family and the Dugan Family. Discuss the following in terms of their function or dysfunction, their relationship to society and one another, and how Macon and Muriel fit in or don't it with them:
1. The roles of mothers.
2. The roles of fathers.
3. The roles of siblings.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot and subplot of "The Accidental Tourist," including the following for both:
1. Rising Action.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)