|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
2. How does Macon get injured?
3. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
4. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
5. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
2. What is the series of books Macon writes called and why is it significant?
3. Why does Rose invite Julian to Thanksgiving dinner?
4. What realization does Macon come to in Paris?
5. According to Macon, what was his mother like while he was growing up and how did she approach parenting?
6. How does Julian get injured while visiting Macon?
7. At Rose's and Julian's wedding, why is Macon worried that he's attracted to women like his mother?
8. When Macon brings his note of apology to Muriel and breaks down at her door, what is her response and why is it significant?
9. What is significant about Macon's visit to a restaurant at the top of a sky-scraper in New York?
10. How does Edward respond to Muriel and her training lessons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Macon's role as a father in the novel.
1. How does he identify as a father-figure to Alexander?
2. How does he compare to the other fathers in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Holidays function as significant events for Macon and his family. Discuss the family dynamics at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and what they reveal about the characters' relationships with one another.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Muriel is a foil to Macon in "The Accidental Tourist."
1. How does her presence create narrative tension and propel the plot forward?
2. How is Muriel the impetus for change in Macon's attitude?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)