|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
(b) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(c) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
(d) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
2. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Muriel is a good person.
(b) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
(c) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(d) If Macon is coming back next week.
3. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
(b) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(c) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(d) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
4. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
(a) A ceramic bowl she made when she was a girl.
(b) A picture of her as a toddler climbing out of a wading pool.
(c) Tickets to a jazz show.
(d) A set of blank notebooks for his work.
5. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage is worse than expected.
(b) The damage is not as bad as expected.
(c) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(d) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
2. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
3. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
4. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
5. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)