|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(b) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(c) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(d) Muriel's mother.
2. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(b) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(c) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
(d) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
3. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) An apple pie.
(b) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) Cranberry liqueur.
4. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
(b) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
(c) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
(d) That Edward's training session is coming up.
5. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
(b) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(c) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
(d) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
2. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
3. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
4. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
5. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)