|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
(b) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
(c) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(d) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
2. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
(a) Macon is thinking about Muriel.
(b) Macon has writer's block.
(c) Macon is wondering if Rose will take Julian back.
(d) Macon is worried about Sarah's health.
3. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
(a) Muriel hugs him but tells him to go home.
(b) Muriel makes tea for them and lets him talk about Sarah.
(c) Muriel tells him she's no longer interested.
(d) Muriel hugs him and brings him to bed so that he can sleep.
4. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
(b) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(c) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(d) He is invested in a football game.
5. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to move to Paris.
(b) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(c) Macon decides to adopt a son.
(d) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
2. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
3. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
4. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
5. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)