|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(b) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
(c) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(d) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
2. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Norman and his wife.
(b) His father and Sarah.
(c) His mother and Sarah.
(d) Garner Bolt and his wife.
3. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) His grandmother's earrings.
(b) A new car.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) An engagement ring.
4. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
(b) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(c) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
(d) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
5. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Muriel barges in.
(b) Macon breaks the phone.
(c) Macon's back goes out.
(d) Macon shocks himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
2. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
3. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
4. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
5. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)