|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
(b) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
(c) That Edward's training session is coming up.
(d) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
2. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
(c) American restaurants.
(d) Tourist traps.
3. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
(b) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
(c) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(d) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
4. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) A new car.
(b) His grandmother's earrings.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) An engagement ring.
5. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(b) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(c) Muriel's mother.
(d) The Dugan's dog, Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
2. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
3. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
4. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
5. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)