|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
(a) Drive a car.
(b) Ride a bike.
(c) Fix a leaky faucet.
(d) Mow the lawn.
2. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(b) Muriel's mother.
(c) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(d) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
3. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's bad temper.
(b) Muriel's beauty.
(c) Muriel's youthfulness.
(d) Muriel's ambition.
4. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) His father and Sarah.
(b) Norman and his wife.
(c) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(d) His mother and Sarah.
5. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(b) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(c) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
(d) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
2. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
3. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
4. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
5. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)