|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
(b) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(c) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
(d) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
2. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
(a) Charles tells Macon he wants Edward to live with him.
(b) Charles tells Macon he wants him to move back with them.
(c) Charles tells Macon his pipes have burst.
(d) Charles tells Macon his car won't start.
3. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(a) Macon's father.
(b) Macon's mother.
4. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon sees that Sarah has also brought her new boyfriend.
(b) Macon sees Muriel release herself from his mother's grasp.
(c) Macon realizes he didn't forget to bring the ring.
(d) Macon notices the weather getting better.
5. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
(a) Writes a note and delivers it at her house.
(b) Sends flowers and a thank you card.
(c) Calls Rose instead and asks for advice.
(d) Goes for a long walk to clear his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
2. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
3. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
4. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
5. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)