|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
(b) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(c) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
(d) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
2. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
(a) Because Macon keeps forgetting things, and she wants to remind him.
(b) Because she wants to go to France with Macon, and he says they can't afford it.
(c) Because their schedules conflict, and it's the easiest way to communicate.
(d) Because Alexander asks her to, so that Macon won't leave them.
3. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) In a rented hall.
(b) At the courthouse.
(c) At a Lutheran church.
(d) Outside at the Leary household.
4. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
5. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(c) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
(d) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
2. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
3. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
4. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
5. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)