|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A new car.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) His grandmother's earrings.
2. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's bad temper.
(b) Muriel's beauty.
(c) Muriel's ambition.
(d) Muriel's youthfulness.
3. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(b) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
(c) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(d) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
4. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(b) If Muriel is a good person.
(c) If Macon is coming back next week.
(d) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
5. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
2. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
3. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
4. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
5. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)