|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(b) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
(c) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(d) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
2. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
3. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(b) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
(c) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
(d) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
4. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
(a) To Muriel's.
(b) To Rose and Julian's.
(c) To his house.
(d) To Charles and Porter's house.
5. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
(a) The subdivision's streets are named after trees that are nowhere near there.
(b) The subdivision is the most exclusive in the area.
(c) The subdivision is on a lake and each house has a dock.
(d) The subdivision is in the most dangerous part of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
2. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
3. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
4. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
5. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)