|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
(b) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
(c) The date is their first year anniversary.
(d) The date is the day they leave for France.
2. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's mother.
(b) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(c) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(d) The Dugan's dog, Max.
3. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
(b) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(c) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
(d) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
4. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(a) The legal papers.
(b) The house.
5. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(b) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(c) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(d) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
2. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
3. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
4. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
5. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)