|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
(a) Julian is planning on taking Rose to Paris.
(b) Julian is planning to spend Christmas with his family.
(c) Julian has no plans for Christmas.
(d) Julian is planning to propose marriage to Rose.
2. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is the day they leave for France.
(b) The date is their first year anniversary.
(c) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
(d) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
3. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(b) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(c) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(d) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
4. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(b) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(c) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(d) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
5. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
Short Answer Questions
1. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
2. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
3. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
4. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
5. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)