|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(b) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
(c) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(d) He is invested in a football game.
2. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(b) The legal papers.
(d) The house.
3. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(b) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(c) The damage is worse than expected.
(d) The damage is not as bad as expected.
4. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(c) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(d) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
5. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) A new car.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) His grandmother's earrings.
(d) A pearl necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
2. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
3. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
4. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
5. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)