|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
2. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) His grandmother's earrings.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A new car.
3. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
(a) Macon is wondering if Rose will take Julian back.
(b) Macon is worried about Sarah's health.
(c) Macon is thinking about Muriel.
(d) Macon has writer's block.
4. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Children teasing Alexander.
(b) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(c) A child running across the street.
(d) Muriel before she goes to work.
5. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
2. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
3. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
4. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
5. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)