|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(b) The damage is not as bad as expected.
(c) The damage is worse than expected.
(d) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
2. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is invested in a football game.
(b) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(c) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(d) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
3. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
(a) Because Alexander asks her to, so that Macon won't leave them.
(b) Because she wants to go to France with Macon, and he says they can't afford it.
(c) Because Macon keeps forgetting things, and she wants to remind him.
(d) Because their schedules conflict, and it's the easiest way to communicate.
4. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) St. Louis.
5. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
(a) Because she had a fight with Julian.
(b) Because she and Julian broke up.
(c) Because their lives are a mess since she got married.
(d) Because Julian is away on business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
2. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
3. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
4. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
5. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)