|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about regarding Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Why Macon chose this restaurant.
(b) Why Macon can't finish his meal.
(c) Why Macon hasn't called her for help.
(d) Why Macon won't stop calling her.
2. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
(a) Rose calls out for help.
(b) Julian pays a surprise visit.
(c) Macon kisses Muriel.
(d) Edward jumps up on Muriel.
3. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
4. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
(a) That Macon is on the right path to salvation.
(b) That Macon should remarry and move to Lassaque.
(c) That Macon has lost his center and Sarah is that center.
(d) That Macon is his favorite grandson.
5. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
(a) Because Edward's food is so expensive.
(b) Because Edward sheds on the furniture.
(c) Because Edward is so old.
(d) Because Edward is unruly and rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
2. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
3. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
4. What does Sarah tell Macon she wants regarding their separation?
5. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Macon occupy his time?
2. What does Muriel tell Macon about herself in Chapter 7?
3. Why is Muriel upset about Macon finding out she has a son and what does her misunderstanding lead to?
4. Why does Macon call Muriel in Chapter 19 and what is her response?
5. In Chapter 15, briefly describe how Macon is becoming a father-figure to Alexander.
6. In Chapter 19, how have Sarah and Macon picked up their domestic life where they left off?
7. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
8. Recount Macon's trip to England, paying close attention to his specific habits and goals.
9. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
10. After Macon returns home from London, why does Muriel Pritchett call him?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)