|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
(b) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
(c) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
(d) Macon should let her know he cares.
2. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(b) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
(c) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(d) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
3. Who has Rose been seeing?
(a) Boyd Dugan.
(b) Garner Bolt.
(c) Julian Edge.
(d) No one.
4. What is Muriel's dog training specialty?
(a) Training shy dogs.
(b) Training dogs to hunt.
(c) Training dogs that bite.
(d) Training dogs for dog shows.
5. Where does Macon pull over?
(a) A gravel road.
(b) A Texaco station.
(c) A BP station.
(d) A McDonald's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
2. What are some of Grandfather Leary's inventions?
3. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
4. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
5. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, why is the story Muriel tells Macon about a man she "cured" who left her?
2. How does Macon respond to Muriel's story about her son and why?
3. At the Old Bay restaurant, what does Sarah tell Macon she wants and what does she think of him?
4. According to Macon, when did his grandfather's mind begin to wander?
5. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
6. Describe Macon's siblings and their current lifestyle.
7. When Macon brings his note of apology to Muriel and breaks down at her door, what is her response and why is it significant?
8. Why do the Learys disapprove of Macon's relationship with Muriel?
9. When Julian, Rose, Charles, and Macon are making small-talk, why does Sarah call Macon?
10. In Chapter 8, what are Macon and his siblings perceptions of Edward's training?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)