|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They couldn't be happier.
(b) They are understanding.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They refuse to talk about it.
2. What does Julian offer Macon at his childhood home?
(a) A dinner out in the city.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A pay increase.
(d) An extension on his manuscript.
3. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
4. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(a) New York.
5. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He wishes he can travel by train.
(b) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(c) He can't wait to get away from his family.
(d) He is excited about visiting new places.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
2. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
3. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
4. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
5. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Macon, what was his mother like while he was growing up and how did she approach parenting?
2. How does Macon respond to Muriel's story about her son and why?
3. How does Julian get injured while visiting Macon?
4. What does Muriel do as she trains Edward and what kind of personality does she have?
5. According to Macon, when did his grandfather's mind begin to wander?
6. Describe Edward's behavior.
7. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
8. According to Muriel, how did the birth of her son, Alexander, impact her marriage?
9. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
10. Why does Rose invite Julian to Thanksgiving dinner?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)