|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon think regarding Edward's training that his family isn't so sure about?
(a) That Edward is too old to be trained.
(b) That Edward is completely trained.
(c) That Edward isn't improving.
(d) That Edward is improving.
2. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They refuse to talk about it.
(b) They couldn't be happier.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They are understanding.
3. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
(a) Macon is recovering from his broken leg and not because Sarah has left him.
(b) Macon is not at home because Sarah has left him.
(c) Macon is looking for a new place to live.
(d) Macon is not at home because of all the construction.
4. Where does Macon pull over?
(a) A McDonald's.
(b) A BP station.
(c) A gravel road.
(d) A Texaco station.
5. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) A one month vacation.
(b) An advance for a novel he's writing.
(c) A pay increase for his next book.
(d) A two week extension on his manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
2. What does Edward do when Muriel arrives for Edward's first lesson?
3. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
4. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
5. What year do Macon and Sarah meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Macon want to have dinner with her and her son?
2. After Macon returns home from London, why does Muriel Pritchett call him?
3. On Christmas, what does Muriel's mother, Mrs. Dugan, tell Macon about her daughter?
4. Describe Macon's siblings and their current lifestyle.
5. Recount Macon's trip to England, paying close attention to his specific habits and goals.
6. In Chapter 8, what are Macon and his siblings perceptions of Edward's training?
7. In Chapter 15, briefly describe how Macon is becoming a father-figure to Alexander.
8. When Macon's neighbor, Garner Bolt, visits him, what does he reveal people's perception of Macon?
9. In Chapter 17, why is the story Muriel tells Macon about a man she "cured" who left her?
10. Why does Sarah come to Paris and who does she see?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)