|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He wishes he can travel by train.
(b) He is excited about visiting new places.
(c) He can't wait to get away from his family.
(d) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
2. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
(b) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(c) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(d) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
3. What sound should Macon make when Edward does something positive?
4. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
(a) Researching his next trip.
(b) Organizing the household.
(c) Working on his book.
(d) Watching TV.
5. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(b) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(c) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(d) They begin to call him day and night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
2. What prompts Macon to pull over?
3. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
4. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
5. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Muriel's response to her mother's revelations about her and what does she give Macon?
2. Describe Muriel Pritchett when Macon first meets her and when he picks up Edward.
3. When Macon brings his note of apology to Muriel and breaks down at her door, what is her response and why is it significant?
4. How does Macon feel about Muriel?
5. At the Old Bay restaurant, what does Sarah tell Macon she wants and what does she think of him?
6. Recount Macon's trip to England, paying close attention to his specific habits and goals.
7. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
8. In the car, how are Macon and Sarah's physical appearance symbolic of the state of their marriage?
9. Why does Macon return to his childhood home in Chapter 5?
10. What realization does Macon come to in Paris?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)