|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
(a) At a party.
(b) At church.
(c) At a play.
(d) At school.
2. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(b) He doesn't love her anymore.
(c) She still loves him after all these years.
(d) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
3. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because she quit.
(b) Because she's at lunch.
(c) Because her son is sick.
(d) Because she is sick.
4. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
5. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(b) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
(c) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(d) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
2. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
3. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
4. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
5. Who does Macon write for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Macon's relationship with Muriel and Alexander in Chapter 14.
2. In Chapter 8, what are Macon and his siblings perceptions of Edward's training?
3. How does Macon hurt himself in the basement?
4. According to Macon, when did his grandfather's mind begin to wander?
5. When Macon's neighbor, Garner Bolt, visits him, what does he reveal people's perception of Macon?
6. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
7. How does Macon feel about his marriage to Sarah in Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 12, Macon begins to spend a lot of time with Muriel. What is Rose's response to his absence from home and why is it significant?
9. Why does Macon keep Edward, and what does he agree to?
10. Why does Macon call Muriel in New York?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)