|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound should Macon make when Edward does something positive?
2. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
(a) Because a deer runs in front of the car.
(b) Because Macon is yelling.
(c) Because they are lost.
(d) Because it is raining heavily.
3. What does Julian offer Macon at his childhood home?
(a) A pay increase.
(b) An extension on his manuscript.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A dinner out in the city.
4. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
(a) Edward blocks the door and when Julian grabs his leash, Edward snarls and nips his hand.
(b) Edward barks at Julian and bites Macon when Macon grabs his leash.
(c) Edward jumps on Julian and licks his face.
(d) Edward runs back and forth from Macon to Julian, wagging his tail.
5. Who does Macon write for?
(a) People who travel on business and are not interested in sightseeing.
(b) People who are afraid to fly.
(c) People who travel to remote and exotic locations.
(d) People who are looking for jobs overseas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
2. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
3. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
4. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
5. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recount Macon's trip to England, paying close attention to his specific habits and goals.
2. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
3. Why does Macon call Muriel in Chapter 19 and what is her response?
4. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to and why is it significant?
5. What are Macon's and Sarah's reactions to the stormy weather and why are they significant?
6. Describe Edward's behavior.
7. What is Muriel's response to her mother's revelations about her and what does she give Macon?
8. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
9. At the Old Bay restaurant, what does Sarah tell Macon she wants and what does she think of him?
10. Describe Macon's dream about his grandfather.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)