|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
(a) Alexander's medical bills and the fact that he's not like other kids.
(b) Alexander's cries in the middle of the night that wakes him up.
(c) Alexander's bad behavior and truancy at school.
(d) Alexander's constant need for attention and approval.
2. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is aloof.
(b) He is outgoing.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is nervous.
3. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
4. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
(b) A football uniform.
(c) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
(d) A suit and tie.
5. How does Sarah greet Macon at the restaurant?
(a) She hugs him warmly as if she has never left him.
(b) She kisses him on both cheeks as if she wants to reconcile.
(c) She presses her cheek to his briefly as if they are acquaintances.
(d) She shakes his hand firmly as if she's doing business.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
2. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
3. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
4. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
5. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
2. Why is Macon disappointed when he disembarks from his flight from London and returns home?
3. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
4. Why does Macon call Muriel in New York?
5. Describe Macon's siblings and their current lifestyle.
6. Why does Sarah come to Paris and who does she see?
7. How does Macon hurt himself in the basement?
8. Why does Macon keep Edward, and what does he agree to?
9. In Chapter 12, Macon begins to spend a lot of time with Muriel. What is Rose's response to his absence from home and why is it significant?
10. When Macon's neighbor, Garner Bolt, visits him, what does he reveal people's perception of Macon?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)