Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah greet Macon at the restaurant?
(a) She shakes his hand firmly as if she's doing business.
(b) She presses her cheek to his briefly as if they are acquaintances.
(c) She hugs him warmly as if she has never left him.
(d) She kisses him on both cheeks as if she wants to reconcile.
2. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(a) New York.
3. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
(a) Alexander is born very prematurely.
(b) Alexander is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.
(c) Alexander is born with a hole in his heart.
(d) Alexander is born blind.
4. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
(a) It is remote.
(b) It is war-torn.
(c) It is his birth country.
(d) It doesn't exist.
5. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
(a) She wonders if he knows her son's name.
(b) She wonders if he will get out of prison one day.
(c) She wonders if he knows that he not only killed people in the restaurant, but many others as well.
(d) She wonders if he is sorry and wants forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
2. What restaurant do Macon and Sarah agree to meet at for dinner?
3. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
4. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
5. Where does Macon like to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Macon and Sarah's son, Ethan?
2. On Christmas, what does Muriel's mother, Mrs. Dugan, tell Macon about her daughter?
3. At the Old Bay restaurant, what does Sarah tell Macon she wants and what does she think of him?
4. What are Macon's and Sarah's reactions to the stormy weather and why are they significant?
5. Why does Sarah call Macon while he's traveling in Canada?
6. In Chapter 17, why is the story Muriel tells Macon about a man she "cured" who left her?
7. Describe Edward's behavior.
8. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
9. Why is Muriel upset about Macon finding out she has a son and what does her misunderstanding lead to?
10. What does Julian offer to Macon when he comes over in Chapter 6?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)