|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
(d) Love Always.
2. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should let her know he cares.
(b) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
(c) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
(d) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
3. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
(a) Norman's money.
(b) Muriel and Norman's baby.
(c) Muriel's parents.
(d) Muriel's first husband.
4. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Researching his next trip.
(c) Working on his book.
(d) Organizing the household.
5. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
(b) Because he looks so tan.
(c) Because of the cast on his leg.
(d) Because he's lost so much weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
2. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
3. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
4. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
5. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Macon's and Sarah's reactions to the stormy weather and why are they significant?
2. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
3. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
4. How does Julian get injured while visiting Macon?
5. In the car, how are Macon and Sarah's physical appearance symbolic of the state of their marriage?
6. Why does Macon call Muriel in New York?
7. What does Macon feel about Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
8. How does Macon feel about his marriage to Sarah in Chapter 8?
9. What does Julian offer to Macon when he comes over in Chapter 6?
10. When Macon returns to Baltimore, where does he go and why is it significant?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)