|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Muriel tell Macon she's never been?
(a) To college.
(b) To vet school.
(c) To graduate school.
(d) To high school.
2. What does Edward do when Muriel arrives for Edward's first lesson?
(a) He bites her.
(b) He barks at her.
(c) He lies down next to her.
(d) He jumps on her.
3. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
(a) Macon is pale and Sarah is tan.
(b) Macon is dressed for the beach and Sarah is bundled up.
(c) Sarah is dressed for skiing and Macon has on shorts.
(d) Macon is tan and Sarah is pale.
4. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because her son is sick.
(b) Because she's at lunch.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because she quit.
5. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
(a) Love Always.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
2. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
3. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
4. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
5. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Macon's dream about his grandfather.
2. Why does Rose invite Julian to Thanksgiving dinner?
3. Describe Macon's siblings and their current lifestyle.
4. When Macon returns to Baltimore, where does he go and why is it significant?
5. What does Muriel tell Macon about herself in Chapter 7?
6. Describe Edward's behavior.
7. Why does Sarah call Macon while he's traveling in Canada?
8. Briefly describe Macon's relationship with Muriel and Alexander in Chapter 14.
9. Why does Macon keep Edward, and what does he agree to?
10. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to and why is it significant?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)