|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
(a) Edward blocks the door and when Julian grabs his leash, Edward snarls and nips his hand.
(b) Edward barks at Julian and bites Macon when Macon grabs his leash.
(c) Edward runs back and forth from Macon to Julian, wagging his tail.
(d) Edward jumps on Julian and licks his face.
2. Where does Macon like to travel?
(a) He likes to travel to Europe.
(b) He likes to travel within the United States.
(c) He doesn't like to travel.
(d) He likes to travel to South America.
3. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
(b) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(c) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(d) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
4. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
(a) Their mother is afraid to fly.
(b) They are met at the Baltimore airport by their grandparents.
(c) Their mother loses all her savings after the stock market crash.
(d) Their mother dies in a car accident.
5. Where are Macon and Sarah returning from their vacation?
(a) The beach.
(b) The lake.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about regarding Macon at the restaurant?
2. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
3. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
4. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
5. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
2. How does Edward respond to Muriel and her training lessons?
3. Describe Macon's dream about his grandfather.
4. Why does Macon keep Edward, and what does he agree to?
5. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Macon want to have dinner with her and her son?
6. What are Macon's and Sarah's reactions to the stormy weather and why are they significant?
7. According to Muriel, how did the birth of her son, Alexander, impact her marriage?
8. Why does Macon call Muriel in New York?
9. Briefly describe Macon's relationship with Muriel and Alexander in Chapter 14.
10. How does Macon hurt himself in the basement?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)