|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
(a) The dishwasher.
(b) The computer.
(c) The television.
(d) The oven.
2. According to Sarah, Macon is _______________.
(a) A great husband.
(b) A dried up kernel of a man.
(c) The best friend she can hope for.
(d) A jerk who never loved her.
3. What does Macon feel after thinking of Sarah in her apartment?
(a) Sad at losing her.
(b) Longing to be close to someone.
(c) Grateful for his own environment.
(d) Happy for her.
4. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
(b) Because of the cast on his leg.
(c) Because he's lost so much weight.
(d) Because he looks so tan.
5. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
(a) A matching floral shirt and skirt and sandals.
(b) An ankle-length dress splashed with flowers and flats.
(c) A prim and formal black suit with loafers.
(d) A skimpy dress splashed with flowers and high-heeled sandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
2. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
3. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
4. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
5. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what are Macon and his siblings perceptions of Edward's training?
2. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
3. Why does Sarah come to Paris and who does she see?
4. Describe Muriel Pritchett when Macon first meets her and when he picks up Edward.
5. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
6. What does Muriel tell Macon about herself in Chapter 7?
7. Why do the Learys disapprove of Macon's relationship with Muriel?
8. Why is Muriel upset about Macon finding out she has a son and what does her misunderstanding lead to?
9. After Macon returns home from London, why does Muriel Pritchett call him?
10. On Christmas, what does Muriel's mother, Mrs. Dugan, tell Macon about her daughter?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)