|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
(a) Macon is tan and Sarah is pale.
(b) Macon is dressed for the beach and Sarah is bundled up.
(c) Sarah is dressed for skiing and Macon has on shorts.
(d) Macon is pale and Sarah is tan.
2. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They couldn't be happier.
(b) They refuse to talk about it.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are despondent.
3. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
(a) Rose is on the front steps talking to her neighbor.
(b) Children playing hopscotch on the sidewalk.
(c) A delivery person has arrived with a package.
(d) Edward has backed someone into the magnolia tree and is barking.
4. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
(a) Rose calls out for help.
(b) Julian pays a surprise visit.
(c) Edward jumps up on Muriel.
(d) Macon kisses Muriel.
5. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about regarding Macon at the restaurant?
2. How does Sarah greet Macon at the restaurant?
3. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
4. What does he teach the cat to do?
5. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
Short Essay Questions
1. At Rose's and Julian's wedding, why is Macon worried that he's attracted to women like his mother?
2. What is significant about Macon's visit to a restaurant at the top of a sky-scraper in New York?
3. How does Julian get injured while visiting Macon?
4. After Macon returns home from London, why does Muriel Pritchett call him?
5. Why does Sarah call Macon while he's traveling in Canada?
6. How does Macon respond to Muriel's story about her son and why?
7. Why does Macon call Muriel in New York?
8. How does Macon feel about Muriel?
9. In Philadelphia, what does Porter's daughter, Susan, tell Macon about Ethan?
10. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to and why is it significant?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)