|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(b) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(c) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(d) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
2. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They refuse to talk about it.
(b) They are despondent.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They couldn't be happier.
3. What do Macon and Susan discuss at dinner?
(a) Susan's memories of Ethan.
(b) What college Susan wants to attend.
(c) If Macon will remarry.
(d) The trouble Susan is having with her dad.
4. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
(a) At church.
(b) At a play.
(c) At school.
(d) At a party.
5. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
(a) The television.
(b) The dishwasher.
(c) The computer.
(d) The oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
2. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
3. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
4. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
5. What year do Macon and Sarah meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Macon come to in Paris?
2. In Chapter 17, why is the story Muriel tells Macon about a man she "cured" who left her?
3. Describe Edward's behavior.
4. Why does Sarah come to Paris and who does she see?
5. In Chapter 12, Macon begins to spend a lot of time with Muriel. What is Rose's response to his absence from home and why is it significant?
6. Why does Macon call Muriel in Chapter 19 and what is her response?
7. What does Macon feel about Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
8. Why does Macon call Muriel in New York?
9. In Chapter 19, how have Sarah and Macon picked up their domestic life where they left off?
10. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)