|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is aloof.
(d) He is outgoing.
2. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(b) New York.
3. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
(a) The ASPCA.
(b) His sister's.
(d) Meow-Bow Animal Hospital.
4. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their grandparents.
(b) Their step-father.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother.
5. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
(b) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
(c) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
(d) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
2. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
3. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
4. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
5. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Muriel do as she trains Edward and what kind of personality does she have?
2. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
3. How does Macon respond to Muriel's story about her son and why?
4. Describe Muriel Pritchett when Macon first meets her and when he picks up Edward.
5. When Macon's neighbor, Garner Bolt, visits him, what does he reveal people's perception of Macon?
6. What does Muriel tell Macon about herself in Chapter 7?
7. In Chapter 12, Macon begins to spend a lot of time with Muriel. What is Rose's response to his absence from home and why is it significant?
8. According to Macon, when did his grandfather's mind begin to wander?
9. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Macon want to have dinner with her and her son?
10. Describe Edward's behavior.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)