Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
(a) She wonders if he is sorry and wants forgiveness.
(b) She wonders if he knows her son's name.
(c) She wonders if he knows that he not only killed people in the restaurant, but many others as well.
(d) She wonders if he will get out of prison one day.
2. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
(a) Her sister is the oldest.
(b) Her sister always got better grades.
(c) Her sister is a terrific athelete.
(d) Her sister's hair stayed blonde.
3. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
(a) His sister's.
(c) Meow-Bow Animal Hospital.
(d) The ASPCA.
4. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
5. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
2. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
3. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
4. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
5. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian offer to Macon when he comes over in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
3. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
4. What are Macon's and Sarah's reactions to the stormy weather and why are they significant?
5. Why do the Learys disapprove of Macon's relationship with Muriel?
6. Why is Macon disappointed when he disembarks from his flight from London and returns home?
7. In Chapter 12, Macon begins to spend a lot of time with Muriel. What is Rose's response to his absence from home and why is it significant?
8. What is Muriel's response to her mother's revelations about her and what does she give Macon?
9. In Chapter 4, how does Macon occupy his time?
10. In Philadelphia, what does Porter's daughter, Susan, tell Macon about Ethan?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)