|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
(a) Her sister always got better grades.
(b) Her sister is a terrific athelete.
(c) Her sister's hair stayed blonde.
(d) Her sister is the oldest.
2. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(b) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(c) So he can get away from Sarah.
(d) So Rose can take care of him.
3. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
(a) Muriel thinks Macon isn't training Edward and Macon is training him.
(b) Muriel thinks Macon is upset that she has a kid and Macon doesn't like what she's doing with Edward.
(c) Muriel doesn't think Macon wants her to bring her kid to training and Macon wants her to.
(d) Macon thinks Muriel is upset about him not training Edward and Muriel doesn't care.
4. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
(a) That he needs his passport.
(b) That he is a government spy.
(c) That he has another family in Germany.
(d) That he doesn't recognize Macon.
5. Who is brave enough to try Rose's turkey at Thanksgiving?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sarah, Macon is _______________.
2. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
3. What does Muriel do the fall of her senior year of high school?
4. What are some of Grandfather Leary's inventions?
5. What sound should Macon make when Edward does something positive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose invite Julian to Thanksgiving dinner?
2. Why do the Learys disapprove of Macon's relationship with Muriel?
3. How does Macon feel about his marriage to Sarah in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Macon want to have dinner with her and her son?
5. What is Muriel's response to her mother's revelations about her and what does she give Macon?
6. What happened to Macon and Sarah's son, Ethan?
7. Why does Macon call Muriel in Chapter 19 and what is her response?
8. What is significant about Macon's visit to a restaurant at the top of a sky-scraper in New York?
9. In Chapter 19, how have Sarah and Macon picked up their domestic life where they left off?
10. What does Muriel do as she trains Edward and what kind of personality does she have?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)