|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon think regarding Edward's training that his family isn't so sure about?
(a) That Edward is improving.
(b) That Edward is completely trained.
(c) That Edward is too old to be trained.
(d) That Edward isn't improving.
2. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
(a) His sister's.
(b) Meow-Bow Animal Hospital.
(c) The ASPCA.
3. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(b) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(c) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
(d) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
4. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
(a) Macon is dressed for the beach and Sarah is bundled up.
(b) Sarah is dressed for skiing and Macon has on shorts.
(c) Macon is tan and Sarah is pale.
(d) Macon is pale and Sarah is tan.
5. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(b) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(c) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(d) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muriel's dog training specialty?
2. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
3. What does Macon agree to regarding Edward?
4. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
5. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what are Macon and his siblings perceptions of Edward's training?
2. According to Muriel, how did the birth of her son, Alexander, impact her marriage?
3. What does Muriel tell Macon about herself in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
5. What realization does Macon come to in Paris?
6. Why does Muriel give Macon a calendar?
7. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Macon want to have dinner with her and her son?
8. Why do the Learys disapprove of Macon's relationship with Muriel?
9. Why is Macon disappointed when he disembarks from his flight from London and returns home?
10. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)