|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
(b) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(c) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(d) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
2. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
(a) Who to invite, since they don't like one another's friends.
(b) They don't want to have a big dinner since it's just the four of them.
(c) Where to have Thanksgiving, at the house or in the city.
(d) No one likes turkey but they feel compelled by tradition to have it.
3. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
(b) A suit and tie.
(c) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
(d) A football uniform.
4. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
(a) He can no longer board there, as they are boarding cats only.
(b) He can no longer board there, as he bit an attendant.
(c) He can no longer board there, as they are closing the kennel.
(d) He can no longer board there, as he won't eat when Macon leaves.
5. What sound should Macon make when Edward does something positive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
2. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
3. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
4. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
5. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Muriel's response to her mother's revelations about her and what does she give Macon?
2. How does Macon hurt himself in the basement?
3. Why does Muriel give Macon a calendar?
4. Describe Macon's siblings and their current lifestyle.
5. In Chapter 4, how does Macon occupy his time?
6. How does Macon feel about his marriage to Sarah in Chapter 8?
7. In Chapter 19, how have Sarah and Macon picked up their domestic life where they left off?
8. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
9. What happened to Macon and Sarah's son, Ethan?
10. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Macon want to have dinner with her and her son?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)