|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
(a) Macon sees Sarah with another man.
(b) Macon has a panic attack.
(c) Macon runs into Muriel.
(d) Macon gets food poisoning.
2. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
3. What is Muriel's dog training specialty?
(a) Training shy dogs.
(b) Training dogs to hunt.
(c) Training dogs for dog shows.
(d) Training dogs that bite.
4. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
(a) A skirt and t-shirt.
(b) Shorts and a sweater.
(c) A strapless terry dress.
(d) A blouse and jeans.
5. What does Macon wear to bed?
(b) Tomorrow's underwear.
(c) Whatever he wears that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
2. What is Rose giving Julian for Christmas?
3. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
4. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
5. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recount Macon's trip to England, paying close attention to his specific habits and goals.
2. Why does Sarah call Macon while he's traveling in Canada?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Macon occupy his time?
4. How does Edward respond to Muriel and her training lessons?
5. How does Julian get injured while visiting Macon?
6. In the car, how are Macon and Sarah's physical appearance symbolic of the state of their marriage?
7. According to Macon, what was his mother like while he was growing up and how did she approach parenting?
8. Why does Sarah come to Paris and who does she see?
9. Why does Macon call Muriel in New York?
10. What does Julian offer to Macon when he comes over in Chapter 6?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)