|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
(a) Major U.S. cities.
(b) Major European cities.
(c) Major Canadian cities.
(d) Major South American cities.
2. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
(d) Love Always.
3. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
(a) A matching floral shirt and skirt and sandals.
(b) A skimpy dress splashed with flowers and high-heeled sandals.
(c) An ankle-length dress splashed with flowers and flats.
(d) A prim and formal black suit with loafers.
4. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(c) New York.
5. On their training expedition with Edward, what does Muriel ask Macon?
(a) To come to dinner because it would be good for Alexander to spend time around a man.
(b) To get another dog so that Edward won't be so lonely.
(c) To stop calling her as she no longer wants to see him.
(d) To take a trip to Florida with her and Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macon write for?
2. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
3. Where does Macon like to travel?
4. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
5. What is Macon's reaction to Sarah's wish regarding their separation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Muriel upset about Macon finding out she has a son and what does her misunderstanding lead to?
2. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
3. On Christmas, what does Muriel's mother, Mrs. Dugan, tell Macon about her daughter?
4. In Chapter 3, why does Sarah call Macon and what does she reveal to him?
5. What does Julian offer to Macon when he comes over in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 12, Macon begins to spend a lot of time with Muriel. What is Rose's response to his absence from home and why is it significant?
7. Describe Muriel Pritchett when Macon first meets her and when he picks up Edward.
8. Why does Rose invite Julian to Thanksgiving dinner?
9. When Macon brings his note of apology to Muriel and breaks down at her door, what is her response and why is it significant?
10. In Chapter 6, why is Macon's typing interrupted?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)