|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(b) No one.
2. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
(a) Macon's kitchen is on fire.
(b) Macon's living room is destroyed.
(c) Macon's house is fine.
(d) Macon's roof has collapsed.
3. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(c) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(d) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
4. Where is Muriel's house located?
(a) In D.C.
(b) The unsavory side of Baltimore.
(c) The richest part of Baltimore.
(d) Two blocks from Macon's.
5. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
6. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(c) Macon's father.
(d) Macon's mother.
7. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
(b) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(c) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(d) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
8. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
(b) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(c) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
(d) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
9. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(a) An appetizer.
(b) The house special.
10. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Children teasing Alexander.
(b) Muriel before she goes to work.
(c) A child running across the street.
(d) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
11. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's ambition.
(b) Muriel's youthfulness.
(c) Muriel's bad temper.
(d) Muriel's beauty.
12. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) At the courthouse.
(b) At a Lutheran church.
(c) In a rented hall.
(d) Outside at the Leary household.
13. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon notices the weather getting better.
(b) Macon realizes he didn't forget to bring the ring.
(c) Macon sees that Sarah has also brought her new boyfriend.
(d) Macon sees Muriel release herself from his mother's grasp.
14. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(b) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(c) He is invested in a football game.
(d) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
15. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
(a) Because their lives are a mess since she got married.
(b) Because she had a fight with Julian.
(c) Because Julian is away on business.
(d) Because she and Julian broke up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
2. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
3. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
4. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
5. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)