|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(b) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(c) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
(d) That he will be asked to give a toast.
2. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(b) His father and Sarah.
(c) His mother and Sarah.
(d) Norman and his wife.
3. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(b) Children teasing Alexander.
(c) Muriel before she goes to work.
(d) A child running across the street.
4. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
(a) American restaurants.
(c) Tourist traps.
5. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(b) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(c) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(d) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
6. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) In a rented hall.
(b) At a Lutheran church.
(c) At the courthouse.
(d) Outside at the Leary household.
7. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's youthfulness.
(b) Muriel's beauty.
(c) Muriel's bad temper.
(d) Muriel's ambition.
8. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(b) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(c) Muriel's mother.
(d) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
9. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
(a) Charles tells Macon he wants Edward to live with him.
(b) Charles tells Macon his car won't start.
(c) Charles tells Macon his pipes have burst.
(d) Charles tells Macon he wants him to move back with them.
10. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
11. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
(a) To Rose and Julian's.
(b) To Charles and Porter's house.
(c) To Muriel's.
(d) To his house.
12. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(c) The house special.
(d) An appetizer.
13. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
(a) The subdivision is in the most dangerous part of the city.
(b) The subdivision is the most exclusive in the area.
(c) The subdivision's streets are named after trees that are nowhere near there.
(d) The subdivision is on a lake and each house has a dock.
14. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
(b) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(c) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(d) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
15. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
(a) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to have children.
(b) Julian wants to know why Rose is angry with him after Christmas.
(c) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to move to San Diego.
(d) Julian wants to know why Rose moved back in with her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
2. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
3. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
4. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
5. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)