|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
(a) Shopping for new clothes.
(b) To the park.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A new Disney movie.
2. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
3. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
(a) Muriel makes tea for them and lets him talk about Sarah.
(b) Muriel hugs him but tells him to go home.
(c) Muriel hugs him and brings him to bed so that he can sleep.
(d) Muriel tells him she's no longer interested.
4. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(b) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(c) Muriel's mother.
(d) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
5. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
6. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
(b) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(c) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(d) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
7. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(b) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(c) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
(d) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
8. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
(a) The cab driver is lost.
(b) Macon spots Muriel hailing a cab.
(c) Macon is going to miss his plane.
(d) The cab driver gives him the wrong change.
9. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) A new car.
(b) His grandmother's earrings.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) An engagement ring.
10. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
(b) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
(c) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(d) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
11. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
(b) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
(c) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
(d) That Edward's training session is coming up.
12. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's beauty.
(b) Muriel's bad temper.
(c) Muriel's youthfulness.
(d) Muriel's ambition.
13. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) In a rented hall.
(b) At a Lutheran church.
(c) At the courthouse.
(d) Outside at the Leary household.
14. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Children teasing Alexander.
(b) Muriel before she goes to work.
(c) A child running across the street.
(d) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
15. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(b) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
(c) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(d) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
2. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
3. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
4. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
5. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)