|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) Easter dinner.
(b) Julian and Rose's wedding.
(c) A cookout at Julian's house.
(d) Rose's birthday party.
2. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(c) No one.
3. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
(a) To Muriel's.
(b) To his house.
(c) To Charles and Porter's house.
(d) To Rose and Julian's.
4. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(b) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(c) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(d) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
5. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
(b) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
(c) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(d) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
6. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(a) Macon's mother.
(b) Macon's father.
7. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
(a) Mow the lawn.
(b) Ride a bike.
(c) Fix a leaky faucet.
(d) Drive a car.
8. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
(b) That Edward's training session is coming up.
(c) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
(d) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
9. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A new car.
(d) His grandmother's earrings.
10. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Macon breaks the phone.
(b) Macon shocks himself.
(c) Muriel barges in.
(d) Macon's back goes out.
11. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(b) The legal papers.
(c) The house.
12. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
(a) Because she had a fight with Julian.
(b) Because Julian is away on business.
(c) Because their lives are a mess since she got married.
(d) Because she and Julian broke up.
13. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
(b) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(c) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
(d) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
14. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
15. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
(b) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(c) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(d) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
2. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
3. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
4. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
5. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)