|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(a) The legal papers.
(c) The house.
2. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
3. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
(b) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(c) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(d) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
4. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
(a) Julian is planning on taking Rose to Paris.
(b) Julian is planning to spend Christmas with his family.
(c) Julian has no plans for Christmas.
(d) Julian is planning to propose marriage to Rose.
5. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
(a) To the park.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A new Disney movie.
(d) Shopping for new clothes.
6. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
7. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Muriel before she goes to work.
(b) Children teasing Alexander.
(c) A child running across the street.
(d) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
8. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) At a Lutheran church.
(b) At the courthouse.
(c) In a rented hall.
(d) Outside at the Leary household.
9. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) Easter dinner.
(b) Rose's birthday party.
(c) A cookout at Julian's house.
(d) Julian and Rose's wedding.
10. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
11. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
(b) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
(c) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
(d) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
12. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(b) Macon decides to adopt a son.
(c) Macon decides to move to Paris.
(d) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
13. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
(a) A ceramic bowl she made when she was a girl.
(b) A set of blank notebooks for his work.
(c) A picture of her as a toddler climbing out of a wading pool.
(d) Tickets to a jazz show.
14. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
(a) Because their schedules conflict, and it's the easiest way to communicate.
(b) Because Macon keeps forgetting things, and she wants to remind him.
(c) Because Alexander asks her to, so that Macon won't leave them.
(d) Because she wants to go to France with Macon, and he says they can't afford it.
15. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(b) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(c) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
(d) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
2. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
3. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
4. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
5. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)