|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) Easter dinner.
(b) Rose's birthday party.
(c) Julian and Rose's wedding.
(d) A cookout at Julian's house.
2. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
(b) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(c) Macon decides to adopt a son.
(d) Macon decides to move to Paris.
3. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's beauty.
(b) Muriel's ambition.
(c) Muriel's youthfulness.
(d) Muriel's bad temper.
4. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
(b) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
(c) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(d) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
5. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
(a) Shopping for new clothes.
(b) To the park.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A new Disney movie.
6. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) His mother and Sarah.
(b) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(c) His father and Sarah.
(d) Norman and his wife.
7. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
(b) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
(c) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(d) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
8. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(b) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(c) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
(d) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
9. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) A child running across the street.
(b) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(c) Children teasing Alexander.
(d) Muriel before she goes to work.
10. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
(b) Tourist traps.
(c) American restaurants.
11. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(b) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(c) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(d) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
12. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) In a rented hall.
(b) At a Lutheran church.
(c) Outside at the Leary household.
(d) At the courthouse.
13. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
(a) Julian wants to know why Rose is angry with him after Christmas.
(b) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to move to San Diego.
(c) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to have children.
(d) Julian wants to know why Rose moved back in with her brothers.
14. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
(a) Like the middle of winter.
(b) Like the end of fall.
(c) Like the beginning of spring.
(d) Like the start of summer.
15. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
(b) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
(c) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(d) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
2. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
3. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
4. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
5. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)