|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is invested in a football game.
(b) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(c) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(d) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
2. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(b) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
(c) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
(d) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
3. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
4. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
(b) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
(c) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(d) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
5. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
6. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
(a) Macon's house is fine.
(b) Macon's roof has collapsed.
(c) Macon's living room is destroyed.
(d) Macon's kitchen is on fire.
7. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
(a) Like the start of summer.
(b) Like the beginning of spring.
(c) Like the end of fall.
(d) Like the middle of winter.
8. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(b) If Muriel is a good person.
(c) If Macon is coming back next week.
(d) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
9. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(b) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
(c) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(d) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
10. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
(b) Macon decides to adopt a son.
(c) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(d) Macon decides to move to Paris.
11. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
(a) His high-school sweetheart.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) Muriel's ex-husband.
12. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
(a) Julian wants to know why Rose is angry with him after Christmas.
(b) Julian wants to know why Rose moved back in with her brothers.
(c) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to move to San Diego.
(d) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to have children.
13. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
(b) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
(c) The date is their first year anniversary.
(d) The date is the day they leave for France.
14. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
(b) American restaurants.
(c) Tourist traps.
15. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(c) The house special.
(d) An appetizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
2. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
3. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
4. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
5. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)