|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(b) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(c) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(d) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
2. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
3. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
(b) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(c) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(d) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
4. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
(a) The subdivision is in the most dangerous part of the city.
(b) The subdivision is on a lake and each house has a dock.
(c) The subdivision's streets are named after trees that are nowhere near there.
(d) The subdivision is the most exclusive in the area.
5. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
(a) Because Julian is away on business.
(b) Because she had a fight with Julian.
(c) Because she and Julian broke up.
(d) Because their lives are a mess since she got married.
6. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) Easter dinner.
(b) A cookout at Julian's house.
(c) Rose's birthday party.
(d) Julian and Rose's wedding.
7. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
(c) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(d) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
8. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(b) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
(c) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(d) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
9. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
(b) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
(c) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(d) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
10. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
(b) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
(c) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(d) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
11. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(b) If Muriel is a good person.
(c) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
(d) If Macon is coming back next week.
12. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is the day they leave for France.
(b) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
(c) The date is their first year anniversary.
(d) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
13. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
(a) Macon's kitchen is on fire.
(b) Macon's roof has collapsed.
(c) Macon's living room is destroyed.
(d) Macon's house is fine.
14. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
(a) Charles tells Macon he wants Edward to live with him.
(b) Charles tells Macon his car won't start.
(c) Charles tells Macon his pipes have burst.
(d) Charles tells Macon he wants him to move back with them.
15. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
2. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
3. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
4. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
5. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)