|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Children teasing Alexander.
(b) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(c) Muriel before she goes to work.
(d) A child running across the street.
2. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
(a) Macon has writer's block.
(b) Macon is worried about Sarah's health.
(c) Macon is thinking about Muriel.
(d) Macon is wondering if Rose will take Julian back.
3. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
(b) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(c) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
(d) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
4. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage is worse than expected.
(b) The damage is not as bad as expected.
(c) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(d) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
5. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) His grandmother's earrings.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A new car.
(d) An engagement ring.
6. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Macon is coming back next week.
(b) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(c) If Muriel is a good person.
(d) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
7. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Muriel barges in.
(b) Macon's back goes out.
(c) Macon breaks the phone.
(d) Macon shocks himself.
8. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
(a) Julian is planning on taking Rose to Paris.
(b) Julian is planning to spend Christmas with his family.
(c) Julian is planning to propose marriage to Rose.
(d) Julian has no plans for Christmas.
9. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
(a) Because she and Julian broke up.
(b) Because she had a fight with Julian.
(c) Because their lives are a mess since she got married.
(d) Because Julian is away on business.
10. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Norman and his wife.
(b) His mother and Sarah.
(c) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(d) His father and Sarah.
11. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(b) That he will be asked to give a toast.
(c) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(d) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
12. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(b) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(c) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(d) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
13. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(a) Macon's father.
(d) Macon's mother.
14. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(b) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(c) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(d) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
15. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
2. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
3. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
4. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
5. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)