|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
(a) Macon's roof has collapsed.
(b) Macon's kitchen is on fire.
(c) Macon's living room is destroyed.
(d) Macon's house is fine.
2. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(a) Macon's mother.
(d) Macon's father.
3. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
(b) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
(c) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(d) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
4. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(b) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
(c) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
(d) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
5. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(b) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(c) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(d) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
6. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
(b) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(c) Macon decides to move to Paris.
(d) Macon decides to adopt a son.
7. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(a) An appetizer.
(d) The house special.
8. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(b) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
(c) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(d) That he will be asked to give a toast.
9. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
(a) American restaurants.
(b) Tourist traps.
10. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
11. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's beauty.
(b) Muriel's youthfulness.
(c) Muriel's bad temper.
(d) Muriel's ambition.
12. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
13. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(b) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
(c) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(d) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
14. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(b) No one.
15. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
(a) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to move to San Diego.
(b) Julian wants to know why Rose moved back in with her brothers.
(c) Julian wants to know why Rose is angry with him after Christmas.
(d) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
2. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
3. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
4. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
5. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)