|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(b) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
(c) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(d) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
2. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
(b) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(c) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
(d) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
3. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
4. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
(a) Like the start of summer.
(b) Like the end of fall.
(c) Like the beginning of spring.
(d) Like the middle of winter.
5. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) St. Louis.
6. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
(b) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(c) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
(d) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
7. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
(a) Charles tells Macon he wants Edward to live with him.
(b) Charles tells Macon his car won't start.
(c) Charles tells Macon his pipes have burst.
(d) Charles tells Macon he wants him to move back with them.
8. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
(b) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
(c) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(d) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
9. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
(b) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(c) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
(d) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
10. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
(a) Julian wants to know why Rose moved back in with her brothers.
(b) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to move to San Diego.
(c) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to have children.
(d) Julian wants to know why Rose is angry with him after Christmas.
11. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) His grandmother's earrings.
(d) A new car.
12. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
(a) Sends flowers and a thank you card.
(b) Writes a note and delivers it at her house.
(c) Goes for a long walk to clear his head.
(d) Calls Rose instead and asks for advice.
13. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Macon breaks the phone.
(b) Muriel barges in.
(c) Macon shocks himself.
(d) Macon's back goes out.
14. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(b) The damage is worse than expected.
(c) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(d) The damage is not as bad as expected.
15. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
2. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
3. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
4. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
5. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)