Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(b) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(c) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(d) Muriel's mother.
2. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(b) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(c) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
(d) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
3. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) An apple pie.
(b) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) Cranberry liqueur.
4. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
(b) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
(c) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
(d) That Edward's training session is coming up.
5. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
(b) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(c) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
(d) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
6. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
(a) Because she had a fight with Julian.
(b) Because Julian is away on business.
(c) Because she and Julian broke up.
(d) Because their lives are a mess since she got married.
7. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
(b) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(c) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(d) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
8. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) His grandmother's earrings.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A new car.
9. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) A child running across the street.
(b) Children teasing Alexander.
(c) Muriel before she goes to work.
(d) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
10. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
11. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(c) Macon's mother.
(d) Macon's father.
12. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is the day they leave for France.
(b) The date is their first year anniversary.
(c) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
(d) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
13. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Macon's back goes out.
(b) Macon breaks the phone.
(c) Macon shocks himself.
(d) Muriel barges in.
14. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
(a) Sends flowers and a thank you card.
(b) Calls Rose instead and asks for advice.
(c) Writes a note and delivers it at her house.
(d) Goes for a long walk to clear his head.
15. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
(b) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(c) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(d) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
2. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
3. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
4. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
5. Where is Muriel's house located?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)