|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
(a) Macon is wondering if Rose will take Julian back.
(b) Macon has writer's block.
(c) Macon is worried about Sarah's health.
(d) Macon is thinking about Muriel.
2. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon sees that Sarah has also brought her new boyfriend.
(b) Macon sees Muriel release herself from his mother's grasp.
(c) Macon realizes he didn't forget to bring the ring.
(d) Macon notices the weather getting better.
3. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
(b) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(c) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(d) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
4. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(b) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
(c) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
(d) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
5. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(b) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
(c) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
(d) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
6. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(b) He is invested in a football game.
(c) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(d) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
7. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(a) San Diego.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) San Francisco.
8. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(b) Muriel's mother.
(c) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(d) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
9. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
(a) Macon's living room is destroyed.
(b) Macon's kitchen is on fire.
(c) Macon's house is fine.
(d) Macon's roof has collapsed.
10. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(b) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(c) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(d) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
11. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) Julian and Rose's wedding.
(b) A cookout at Julian's house.
(c) Easter dinner.
(d) Rose's birthday party.
12. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(b) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
(c) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(d) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
13. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon feels how natural and comfortable it is to be next to her.
(b) Macon feels how awkward it is to be next to her.
(c) Macon doesn't feel anything.
(d) Macon feels how angry he still is with her.
14. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
(b) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
(c) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(d) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
15. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
(b) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
(c) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(d) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
2. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
3. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
4. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
5. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)