|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
(b) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(c) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(d) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
2. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
3. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
(b) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
(c) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(d) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
4. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
(a) Because Alexander asks her to, so that Macon won't leave them.
(b) Because Macon keeps forgetting things, and she wants to remind him.
(c) Because she wants to go to France with Macon, and he says they can't afford it.
(d) Because their schedules conflict, and it's the easiest way to communicate.
5. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
(a) Macon is going to miss his plane.
(b) Macon spots Muriel hailing a cab.
(c) The cab driver is lost.
(d) The cab driver gives him the wrong change.
6. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Children teasing Alexander.
(b) Muriel before she goes to work.
(c) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(d) A child running across the street.
7. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon feels how angry he still is with her.
(b) Macon feels how natural and comfortable it is to be next to her.
(c) Macon doesn't feel anything.
(d) Macon feels how awkward it is to be next to her.
8. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
9. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(b) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(c) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(d) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
10. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
(b) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(c) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
(d) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
11. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
(b) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(c) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(d) That he will be asked to give a toast.
12. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) A cookout at Julian's house.
(b) Easter dinner.
(c) Rose's birthday party.
(d) Julian and Rose's wedding.
13. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
14. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
15. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(b) The damage is worse than expected.
(c) The damage is not as bad as expected.
(d) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
2. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
3. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
4. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
5. Where is Muriel's house located?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)