|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(b) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(c) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(d) Muriel's mother.
2. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
(b) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(c) Macon decides to adopt a son.
(d) Macon decides to move to Paris.
3. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
4. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(b) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
(c) He is invested in a football game.
(d) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
5. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon sees that Sarah has also brought her new boyfriend.
(b) Macon notices the weather getting better.
(c) Macon realizes he didn't forget to bring the ring.
(d) Macon sees Muriel release herself from his mother's grasp.
6. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
(a) Tourist traps.
(b) American restaurants.
7. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(b) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
(c) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
(d) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
8. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage is worse than expected.
(b) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(c) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(d) The damage is not as bad as expected.
9. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(b) An apple pie.
(c) Cranberry liqueur.
(d) A box of chocolates.
10. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
11. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is their first year anniversary.
(b) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
(c) The date is the day they leave for France.
(d) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
12. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(b) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(c) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
(d) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
13. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he will be asked to give a toast.
(b) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(c) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(d) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
14. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(b) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(c) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(d) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
15. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
(a) A picture of her as a toddler climbing out of a wading pool.
(b) A ceramic bowl she made when she was a girl.
(c) Tickets to a jazz show.
(d) A set of blank notebooks for his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
2. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
3. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
4. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
5. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)