Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage is worse than expected.
(b) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(c) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(d) The damage is not as bad as expected.
2. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
3. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
(a) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to have children.
(b) Julian wants to know why Rose moved back in with her brothers.
(c) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to move to San Diego.
(d) Julian wants to know why Rose is angry with him after Christmas.
4. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(b) The house special.
(d) An appetizer.
5. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
(a) The subdivision's streets are named after trees that are nowhere near there.
(b) The subdivision is the most exclusive in the area.
(c) The subdivision is on a lake and each house has a dock.
(d) The subdivision is in the most dangerous part of the city.
6. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(b) An apple pie.
(c) Cranberry liqueur.
(d) A box of chocolates.
7. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
(b) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(c) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(d) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
8. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) His grandmother's earrings.
(d) A new car.
9. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
(b) He is invested in a football game.
(c) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(d) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
10. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's youthfulness.
(b) Muriel's bad temper.
(c) Muriel's beauty.
(d) Muriel's ambition.
11. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That Edward's training session is coming up.
(b) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
(c) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
(d) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
12. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
(b) If Muriel is a good person.
(c) If Macon is coming back next week.
(d) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
13. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
(b) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(c) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
(d) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
14. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
(b) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(c) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(d) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
15. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
2. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
3. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
4. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
5. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)