|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(b) If Macon is coming back next week.
(c) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
(d) If Muriel is a good person.
2. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
(b) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
(c) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(d) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
3. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(b) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
(c) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(d) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
4. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) Outside at the Leary household.
(b) At a Lutheran church.
(c) In a rented hall.
(d) At the courthouse.
5. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
(a) To Muriel's.
(b) To his house.
(c) To Charles and Porter's house.
(d) To Rose and Julian's.
6. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) Cranberry liqueur.
(b) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(c) An apple pie.
(d) A box of chocolates.
7. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
(b) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(c) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(d) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
8. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
(b) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
(c) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
(d) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
9. Where is Muriel's house located?
(a) In D.C.
(b) The unsavory side of Baltimore.
(c) Two blocks from Macon's.
(d) The richest part of Baltimore.
10. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
11. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(c) The house special.
(d) An appetizer.
12. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
(b) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
(c) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(d) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
13. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
(a) The subdivision is on a lake and each house has a dock.
(b) The subdivision is the most exclusive in the area.
(c) The subdivision's streets are named after trees that are nowhere near there.
(d) The subdivision is in the most dangerous part of the city.
14. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) A cookout at Julian's house.
(b) Easter dinner.
(c) Julian and Rose's wedding.
(d) Rose's birthday party.
15. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(b) That he will be asked to give a toast.
(c) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(d) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
2. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
3. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
4. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
5. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)