|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) A new car.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) His grandmother's earrings.
(d) A pearl necklace.
2. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(b) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(c) He is invested in a football game.
(d) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
3. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
(b) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(c) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
(d) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
4. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(a) Macon's mother.
(b) Macon's father.
5. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
(a) A picture of her as a toddler climbing out of a wading pool.
(b) A ceramic bowl she made when she was a girl.
(c) Tickets to a jazz show.
(d) A set of blank notebooks for his work.
6. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(b) The legal papers.
(d) The house.
7. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) Julian and Rose's wedding.
(b) Rose's birthday party.
(c) Easter dinner.
(d) A cookout at Julian's house.
8. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Muriel before she goes to work.
(b) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(c) A child running across the street.
(d) Children teasing Alexander.
9. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
(b) Macon decides to adopt a son.
(c) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(d) Macon decides to move to Paris.
10. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
(a) Macon spots Muriel hailing a cab.
(b) Macon is going to miss his plane.
(c) The cab driver gives him the wrong change.
(d) The cab driver is lost.
11. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
(a) Drive a car.
(b) Fix a leaky faucet.
(c) Mow the lawn.
(d) Ride a bike.
12. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
13. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
(c) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(d) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
14. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(b) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(c) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(d) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
15. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Macon's back goes out.
(b) Macon breaks the phone.
(c) Macon shocks himself.
(d) Muriel barges in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
2. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
3. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
4. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
5. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)