|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
2. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(b) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(c) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
(d) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
3. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
4. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) At the courthouse.
(b) At a Lutheran church.
(c) Outside at the Leary household.
(d) In a rented hall.
5. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
(a) Tickets to a jazz show.
(b) A ceramic bowl she made when she was a girl.
(c) A set of blank notebooks for his work.
(d) A picture of her as a toddler climbing out of a wading pool.
6. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(a) The house.
(c) The legal papers.
7. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(b) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(c) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(d) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
8. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(a) Macon's mother.
(b) Macon's father.
9. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
(a) To Muriel's.
(b) To Rose and Julian's.
(c) To his house.
(d) To Charles and Porter's house.
10. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
11. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(c) No one.
12. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(b) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
(c) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
(d) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
13. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
(a) The subdivision is in the most dangerous part of the city.
(b) The subdivision is on a lake and each house has a dock.
(c) The subdivision's streets are named after trees that are nowhere near there.
(d) The subdivision is the most exclusive in the area.
14. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(b) The damage is not as bad as expected.
(c) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(d) The damage is worse than expected.
15. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(c) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(d) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
2. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
3. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
4. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
5. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)