|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's mother.
(b) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(c) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(d) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
2. Where is Muriel's house located?
(a) The richest part of Baltimore.
(b) Two blocks from Macon's.
(c) In D.C.
(d) The unsavory side of Baltimore.
3. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
(b) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
(c) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
(d) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
4. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
(a) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to have children.
(b) Julian wants to know why Rose is angry with him after Christmas.
(c) Julian wants to know why Rose moved back in with her brothers.
(d) Julian wants to know why Rose doesn't want to move to San Diego.
5. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) St. Louis.
6. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
(a) Tourist traps.
(c) American restaurants.
7. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(b) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(c) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
(d) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
8. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
(a) Macon is going to miss his plane.
(b) The cab driver is lost.
(c) The cab driver gives him the wrong change.
(d) Macon spots Muriel hailing a cab.
9. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
(a) Muriel makes tea for them and lets him talk about Sarah.
(b) Muriel tells him she's no longer interested.
(c) Muriel hugs him but tells him to go home.
(d) Muriel hugs him and brings him to bed so that he can sleep.
10. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
11. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
(b) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(c) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
(d) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
12. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
13. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(b) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(c) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(d) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
14. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
(a) His high-school sweetheart.
(b) Muriel's ex-husband.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His mother-in-law.
15. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
2. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
3. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
4. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
5. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)