|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
(a) Because Macon keeps forgetting things, and she wants to remind him.
(b) Because their schedules conflict, and it's the easiest way to communicate.
(c) Because Alexander asks her to, so that Macon won't leave them.
(d) Because she wants to go to France with Macon, and he says they can't afford it.
2. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
(a) Julian is planning on taking Rose to Paris.
(b) Julian is planning to spend Christmas with his family.
(c) Julian is planning to propose marriage to Rose.
(d) Julian has no plans for Christmas.
3. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
(b) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(c) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(d) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
4. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(b) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
(c) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(d) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
5. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(a) The house special.
(d) An appetizer.
6. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(b) The damage is not as bad as expected.
(c) The damage is worse than expected.
(d) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
7. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
(a) The cab driver gives him the wrong change.
(b) The cab driver is lost.
(c) Macon spots Muriel hailing a cab.
(d) Macon is going to miss his plane.
8. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
(a) Sends flowers and a thank you card.
(b) Goes for a long walk to clear his head.
(c) Writes a note and delivers it at her house.
(d) Calls Rose instead and asks for advice.
9. According to Macon, what is the main reason he can't come to dinner at Muriel's?
(a) Macon has no interest in women since Ethan died.
(b) Macon is still in love with Sarah.
(c) Macon has an urgent meeting with Julian.
(d) Macon wants to cook for her instead.
10. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
(a) Macon is worried about Sarah's health.
(b) Macon is wondering if Rose will take Julian back.
(c) Macon is thinking about Muriel.
(d) Macon has writer's block.
11. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon notices the weather getting better.
(b) Macon sees that Sarah has also brought her new boyfriend.
(c) Macon realizes he didn't forget to bring the ring.
(d) Macon sees Muriel release herself from his mother's grasp.
12. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
(b) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(c) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(d) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
13. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) His grandmother's earrings.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A new car.
14. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Macon is coming back next week.
(b) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(c) If Muriel is a good person.
(d) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
15. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Macon breaks the phone.
(b) Macon's back goes out.
(c) Muriel barges in.
(d) Macon shocks himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
2. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
3. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
4. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
5. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)