|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(b) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
(c) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(d) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
2. Why does Macon breathe a sigh of relief at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon sees that Sarah has also brought her new boyfriend.
(b) Macon sees Muriel release herself from his mother's grasp.
(c) Macon realizes he didn't forget to bring the ring.
(d) Macon notices the weather getting better.
3. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(b) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
(c) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
(d) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
4. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
(a) Macon is worried about Sarah's health.
(b) Macon is thinking about Muriel.
(c) Macon has writer's block.
(d) Macon is wondering if Rose will take Julian back.
5. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(a) No one.
6. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) His mother and Sarah.
(b) Norman and his wife.
(c) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(d) His father and Sarah.
7. Why does Rose move back in with her brothers?
(a) Because their lives are a mess since she got married.
(b) Because she had a fight with Julian.
(c) Because she and Julian broke up.
(d) Because Julian is away on business.
8. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
(c) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
(d) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
9. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(b) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
(c) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(d) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
10. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(b) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(c) The damage is worse than expected.
(d) The damage is not as bad as expected.
11. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Macon is glad Muriel has a new job.
(b) Macon is angry at Muriel's irresponsible behavior.
(c) Macon is happy that Muriel will have more time to spend with him.
(d) Macon is upset that Muriel is leaving him.
12. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(b) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(c) Muriel's mother.
(d) The Dugan's dog, Max.
13. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
14. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) In a rented hall.
(b) Outside at the Leary household.
(c) At a Lutheran church.
(d) At the courthouse.
15. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
(a) Charles tells Macon he wants him to move back with them.
(b) Charles tells Macon his pipes have burst.
(c) Charles tells Macon his car won't start.
(d) Charles tells Macon he wants Edward to live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
2. When Macon returns from Canada, where does he go?
3. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
4. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
5. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)