|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
(a) Like the beginning of spring.
(b) Like the middle of winter.
(c) Like the start of summer.
(d) Like the end of fall.
2. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is their first year anniversary.
(b) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
(c) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
(d) The date is the day they leave for France.
3. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
4. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Macon shocks himself.
(b) Macon breaks the phone.
(c) Macon's back goes out.
(d) Muriel barges in.
5. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A new car.
(c) His grandmother's earrings.
(d) An engagement ring.
6. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) Cranberry liqueur.
(d) An apple pie.
7. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(b) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(c) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
(d) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
8. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) St. Louis.
9. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's mother.
(b) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(c) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(d) The Dugan's dog, Max.
10. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
(a) Macon decides to go back to Muriel.
(b) Macon decides to move to Paris.
(c) Macon decides to stay with Sarah.
(d) Macon decides to adopt a son.
11. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
(a) The cab driver is lost.
(b) Macon spots Muriel hailing a cab.
(c) Macon is going to miss his plane.
(d) The cab driver gives him the wrong change.
12. Where is Muriel's house located?
(a) In D.C.
(b) The richest part of Baltimore.
(c) The unsavory side of Baltimore.
(d) Two blocks from Macon's.
13. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
(a) To the park.
(b) Shopping for new clothes.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A new Disney movie.
14. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
(b) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(c) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
(d) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
15. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
2. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
3. Why does Julian ask Macon for advice regarding his marriage to Rose?
4. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
5. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)