|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(a) Macon's mother.
(c) Macon's father.
2. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
(a) The damage will cost more than twice estimated.
(b) The damage is not as bad as expected.
(c) The damage will require hiring more than one plumber.
(d) The damage is worse than expected.
3. Who does Muriel threaten with a shotgun?
4. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Muriel barges in.
(b) Macon's back goes out.
(c) Macon shocks himself.
(d) Macon breaks the phone.
5. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
(a) Muriel hugs him and brings him to bed so that he can sleep.
(b) Muriel makes tea for them and lets him talk about Sarah.
(c) Muriel tells him she's no longer interested.
(d) Muriel hugs him but tells him to go home.
6. What does Macon have at lunch with Sarah that he has never had before?
(a) An appetizer.
(c) The house special.
7. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(b) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
(c) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(d) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
8. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
(a) To the park.
(b) A new Disney movie.
(c) Shopping for new clothes.
(d) A baseball game.
9. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) Muriel before she goes to work.
(b) A child running across the street.
(c) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(d) Children teasing Alexander.
10. Why does Muriel give Macon a big calendar with a date marked in red?
(a) The date is the day Edward needs to go to the vet.
(b) The date is their first year anniversary.
(c) The date is the day Muriel has picked for their wedding.
(d) The date is the day they leave for France.
11. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(b) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
(c) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(d) That he will be asked to give a toast.
12. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) A cookout at Julian's house.
(b) Julian and Rose's wedding.
(c) Rose's birthday party.
(d) Easter dinner.
13. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
14. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
15. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
2. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
3. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
4. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
5. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)