|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
2. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Norman and his wife.
(b) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(c) His father and Sarah.
(d) His mother and Sarah.
3. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(b) The legal papers.
(c) The house.
4. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) A child running across the street.
(b) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
(c) Muriel before she goes to work.
(d) Children teasing Alexander.
5. What happens when Macon tries to fix the phone cord in his room?
(a) Muriel barges in.
(b) Macon's back goes out.
(c) Macon breaks the phone.
(d) Macon shocks himself.
6. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
(a) Muriel is upset but thanks him for reminding her.
(b) Muriel is grateful for Macon's help around the house.
(c) Muriel is relieved that he called because she would have forgotten Alexander.
(d) Muriel is outraged that he left her and Alexander and has the nerve to call her about bee stings.
7. At Rose and Julian's wedding, who takes Muriel aside to chat?
(c) Macon's father.
(d) Macon's mother.
8. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
(a) Like the end of fall.
(b) Like the middle of winter.
(c) Like the beginning of spring.
(d) Like the start of summer.
9. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That Edward's training session is coming up.
(b) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
(c) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
(d) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
10. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(b) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
(c) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
(d) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
11. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(b) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(c) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(d) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
12. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
(a) Macon is going to miss his plane.
(b) The cab driver is lost.
(c) Macon spots Muriel hailing a cab.
(d) The cab driver gives him the wrong change.
13. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) His grandmother's earrings.
(b) A new car.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A pearl necklace.
14. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
15. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
(a) Drive a car.
(b) Ride a bike.
(c) Fix a leaky faucet.
(d) Mow the lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Muriel's house located?
2. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
3. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
4. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
5. What major life decision does Macon make in Paris?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)