|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the storm, what does Macon discover when he goes to his house?
(a) Macon's house is fine.
(b) Macon's roof has collapsed.
(c) Macon's kitchen is on fire.
(d) Macon's living room is destroyed.
2. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's bad temper.
(b) Muriel's beauty.
(c) Muriel's youthfulness.
(d) Muriel's ambition.
3. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(b) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
(c) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
(d) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
4. On the plane to Paris, what unexpected sight greets Macon?
5. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(b) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
(c) If Macon is coming back next week.
(d) If Muriel is a good person.
6. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(b) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(c) Muriel's mother.
(d) The Dugan's dog, Max.
7. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
(a) Because Alexander asks her to, so that Macon won't leave them.
(b) Because Macon keeps forgetting things, and she wants to remind him.
(c) Because their schedules conflict, and it's the easiest way to communicate.
(d) Because she wants to go to France with Macon, and he says they can't afford it.
8. Who calls Macon at a hotel in Winnipeg?
9. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
(a) Macon is in love her and wants to marry her.
(b) Macon doesn't think he loves her but loves the surprise of her and of him being with her.
(c) Macon doesn't care for her and is only seeing her to make Sarah jealous.
(d) Macon is indifferent and is just going through the motions of dating someone new.
10. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
(a) Charles tells Macon he wants him to move back with them.
(b) Charles tells Macon his car won't start.
(c) Charles tells Macon his pipes have burst.
(d) Charles tells Macon he wants Edward to live with him.
11. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(b) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
(c) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
(d) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
12. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(d) No one.
13. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
(b) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(c) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(d) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
14. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is invested in a football game.
(b) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
(c) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
(d) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
15. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) His mother and Sarah.
(b) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(c) His father and Sarah.
(d) Norman and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon yell at the cab driver in Paris?
2. In Paris, what does Macon try to avoid?
3. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
4. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
5. Who does Rose summon to go to Paris?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)