|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he teach the cat to do?
(a) Retrieve his pens.
(b) Open the bathroom door.
(c) Go in and out of the windowpane.
(d) Stand on its hind legs.
2. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
(b) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
(c) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
(d) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
3. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(b) So he can get away from Sarah.
(c) So Rose can take care of him.
(d) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
4. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
(a) Major European cities.
(b) Major Canadian cities.
(c) Major U.S. cities.
(d) Major South American cities.
5. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
(b) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
(c) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(d) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
6. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He doesn't love her anymore.
(b) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(c) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(d) She still loves him after all these years.
7. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
(a) Their mother loses all her savings after the stock market crash.
(b) Their mother dies in a car accident.
(c) Their mother is afraid to fly.
(d) They are met at the Baltimore airport by their grandparents.
8. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
(a) Because she makes it so easy to control Edward and he has no control over him.
(b) Because he is intimidated by her good looks.
(c) Because she is unfriendly and mean.
(d) Because he never finished school and she has a graduate degree.
9. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
(a) Edward belonged to Ethan.
(b) Edward is a good watchdog.
(c) Macon wants his company.
(d) Edward belongs to Sarah.
10. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
11. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
(a) He can no longer board there, as he bit an attendant.
(b) He can no longer board there, as they are boarding cats only.
(c) He can no longer board there, as they are closing the kennel.
(d) He can no longer board there, as he won't eat when Macon leaves.
12. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
(a) The final draft of his autobiography.
(b) The remaining pages of his manuscript.
(c) The first draft of his next book.
(d) The remaining pages of a novel he is writing.
13. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(b) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(c) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(d) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
14. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
(a) Because a deer runs in front of the car.
(b) Because they are lost.
(c) Because it is raining heavily.
(d) Because Macon is yelling.
15. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
(a) The ASPCA.
(c) Meow-Bow Animal Hospital.
(d) His sister's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
2. How does Macon get injured?
3. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
4. What do Macon and Susan discuss at dinner?
5. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)