|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
(a) The news.
(b) The traffic from the street.
(c) The rain beating on the overhang above them.
(d) A song that played at their wedding.
2. What is Rose giving Julian for Christmas?
(b) A sweater she is knitting.
(c) A set of golf clubs.
(d) A book about Churchill.
3. Why is Charles locked in the pantry when Macon can't reach Sarah in New York?
(a) Edward attacked him and Charles thought it was the safest place.
(b) Charles accidently locked himself in while getting a can of soup.
(c) Charles locked himself in after an argument with Porter.
(d) Rose locked Charles in after a big fight.
4. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is outgoing.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is aloof.
5. Where does Macon like to travel?
(a) He likes to travel to South America.
(b) He likes to travel to Europe.
(c) He doesn't like to travel.
(d) He likes to travel within the United States.
6. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
(a) A sofa from the living room.
(b) A table from the kitchen.
(c) A navy rug from the dining room.
(d) A painting from the den.
7. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
8. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their grandparents.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their step-father.
(d) Their aunt.
9. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
(b) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
(c) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
(d) Macon should let her know he cares.
10. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
(a) Julian went to his house and found it empty.
(b) Julian has his paycheck.
(c) Julian wants to invite him to dinner.
(d) Julian is angry because Macon has missed a deadline.
11. What does he teach the cat to do?
(a) Stand on its hind legs.
(b) Open the bathroom door.
(c) Go in and out of the windowpane.
(d) Retrieve his pens.
12. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
(a) Muriel and Norman's baby.
(b) Muriel's first husband.
(c) Norman's money.
(d) Muriel's parents.
13. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because he looks so tan.
(b) Because of the cast on his leg.
(c) Because he's lost so much weight.
(d) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
14. What year do Macon and Sarah meet?
15. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(b) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(c) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(d) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
2. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
3. What are some of Grandfather Leary's inventions?
4. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
5. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)