Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
(a) She wonders if he is sorry and wants forgiveness.
(b) She wonders if he knows her son's name.
(c) She wonders if he knows that he not only killed people in the restaurant, but many others as well.
(d) She wonders if he will get out of prison one day.
2. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
(a) Her sister is the oldest.
(b) Her sister always got better grades.
(c) Her sister is a terrific athelete.
(d) Her sister's hair stayed blonde.
3. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
(a) His sister's.
(c) Meow-Bow Animal Hospital.
(d) The ASPCA.
4. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
5. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
6. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
(a) Macon gets food poisoning.
(b) Macon has a panic attack.
(c) Macon runs into Muriel.
(d) Macon sees Sarah with another man.
7. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
(a) Because she makes it so easy to control Edward and he has no control over him.
(b) Because he never finished school and she has a graduate degree.
(c) Because she is unfriendly and mean.
(d) Because he is intimidated by her good looks.
8. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He switches to showering at night.
(b) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
(c) He works three days a week instead of five.
(d) He switches to eating at restaurants.
9. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
10. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) A pay increase for his next book.
(b) A one month vacation.
(c) A two week extension on his manuscript.
(d) An advance for a novel he's writing.
11. What does Edward do when Muriel arrives for Edward's first lesson?
(a) He lies down next to her.
(b) He barks at her.
(c) He jumps on her.
(d) He bites her.
12. How does Sarah greet Macon at the restaurant?
(a) She hugs him warmly as if she has never left him.
(b) She presses her cheek to his briefly as if they are acquaintances.
(c) She kisses him on both cheeks as if she wants to reconcile.
(d) She shakes his hand firmly as if she's doing business.
13. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(b) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(c) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(d) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
14. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They have both lost their jobs.
(b) They don't have any other family.
(c) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
(d) They have lost a child.
15. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
(a) That he needs his passport.
(b) That he doesn't recognize Macon.
(c) That he is a government spy.
(d) That he has another family in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
2. Who is brave enough to try Rose's turkey at Thanksgiving?
3. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
4. What do Macon and Susan discuss at dinner?
5. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)