|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
(a) So that Macon never has to travel again.
(b) So that Sarah will feel sorry for Macon and come back.
(c) So that Macon can hide forever.
(d) So that Macon can be taken care of by Rose.
2. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should let her know he cares.
(b) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
(c) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
(d) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
3. Why is the restaurant where Macon and Sarah agree to meet significant?
(a) Because Macon and Sarah got engaged there.
(b) Because Macon's been going there ever since his grandparents took him as a little boy.
(c) Because Sarah's father took her when she was a little girl.
(d) Because Macon and Sarah know the owner well.
4. What does Muriel do the fall of her senior year of high school?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Studies abroad.
(c) Learns to ski.
(d) Gets married.
5. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Cleaning up after themselves.
(b) Talking to people they don't know well.
(c) Spending within their budget.
(d) Finding their way around while driving.
6. What prompts Macon to pull over?
(a) Sarah tells him she wants a divorce.
(b) Sarah tells him she is pregnant.
(c) Sarah needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) Macon wants to consult his map.
7. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their step-father.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their grandparents.
8. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
(a) Macon pumps gas while Sarah sits in the car.
(b) Sarah uses the pay phone to call a doctor.
(c) They make a plan to see a counselor when they get home.
(d) They don't talk or touch one another.
9. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because her son is sick.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) Because she quit.
(d) Because she's at lunch.
10. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
(a) At school.
(b) At a party.
(c) At church.
(d) At a play.
11. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
(a) Macon is recovering from his broken leg and not because Sarah has left him.
(b) Macon is looking for a new place to live.
(c) Macon is not at home because of all the construction.
(d) Macon is not at home because Sarah has left him.
12. What is significant about the day Macon wakes from his dream about Grandfather Leary?
(a) Macon's cast is coming off.
(b) Macon is meeting Sarah at her lawyer's office.
(c) Macon is taking a vacation to Hawaii.
(d) Macon is bringing Edward to a new trainer.
13. What year do Macon and Sarah meet?
14. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(b) He wishes he can travel by train.
(c) He is excited about visiting new places.
(d) He can't wait to get away from his family.
15. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
(a) Macon agrees that getting a dog is a good idea.
(b) Macon is disappointed that she is breaking up with him.
(c) Macon is pleased that Muriel trusts him and wants to go away with her.
(d) Macon's unsure having dinner with her and Alexander is the right thing to do and puts her off.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
2. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
3. How does Sarah greet Macon at the restaurant?
4. What is Macon's injury?
5. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)