|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
(a) The phone is ringing.
(b) Rose is calling to help in the kitchen.
(c) Someone is knocking on the door.
(d) Someone is yelling to call off his dog.
2. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
3. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
(a) So that Macon can be taken care of by Rose.
(b) So that Macon can hide forever.
(c) So that Sarah will feel sorry for Macon and come back.
(d) So that Macon never has to travel again.
4. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
(a) No one likes turkey but they feel compelled by tradition to have it.
(b) They don't want to have a big dinner since it's just the four of them.
(c) Who to invite, since they don't like one another's friends.
(d) Where to have Thanksgiving, at the house or in the city.
5. What restaurant do Macon and Sarah agree to meet at for dinner?
(a) Old Dock.
(b) Old Cove.
(c) Old Shore.
(d) Old Bay.
6. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
(a) A song that played at their wedding.
(b) The traffic from the street.
(c) The rain beating on the overhang above them.
(d) The news.
7. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
(a) Macon runs into Muriel.
(b) Macon sees Sarah with another man.
(c) Macon has a panic attack.
(d) Macon gets food poisoning.
8. Where does Macon pull over?
(a) A McDonald's.
(b) A Texaco station.
(c) A BP station.
(d) A gravel road.
9. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(a) New York.
10. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
(a) A skirt and t-shirt.
(b) A blouse and jeans.
(c) Shorts and a sweater.
(d) A strapless terry dress.
11. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) Because she quit.
(c) Because she's at lunch.
(d) Because her son is sick.
12. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
(b) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
(c) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(d) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
13. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
(a) At a party.
(b) At school.
(c) At church.
(d) At a play.
14. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
(a) Muriel thinks Macon isn't training Edward and Macon is training him.
(b) Muriel thinks Macon is upset that she has a kid and Macon doesn't like what she's doing with Edward.
(c) Muriel doesn't think Macon wants her to bring her kid to training and Macon wants her to.
(d) Macon thinks Muriel is upset about him not training Edward and Muriel doesn't care.
15. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
(a) Because Edward sheds on the furniture.
(b) Because Edward's food is so expensive.
(c) Because Edward is so old.
(d) Because Edward is unruly and rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian offer Macon at his childhood home?
2. Who does Macon write for?
3. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
4. What do Macon and Susan discuss at dinner?
5. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)