|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon do after Sarah has left the restaurant?
(a) Macon asks the waiter to box his leftovers and drives home.
(b) Macon finishes his dinner and calls Rose to pick him up.
(c) Macon pays for the bill and meets Sarah at her place.
(d) Macon waits for Sarah to return with the car.
2. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
(b) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(c) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(d) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
3. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They couldn't be happier.
(b) They refuse to talk about it.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They are understanding.
4. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their grandparents.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their step-father.
(d) Their mother.
5. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
(a) Macon agrees that getting a dog is a good idea.
(b) Macon's unsure having dinner with her and Alexander is the right thing to do and puts her off.
(c) Macon is pleased that Muriel trusts him and wants to go away with her.
(d) Macon is disappointed that she is breaking up with him.
6. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He wishes he can travel by train.
(b) He is excited about visiting new places.
(c) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(d) He can't wait to get away from his family.
7. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
(a) To invite Macon and Edward over so that she can cook dinner for them and train Edward.
(b) To ask how Macon is doing since Sarah left.
(c) To tell Macon his credit card didn't go through.
(d) To offer to train Edward while Macon is away on business.
8. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
(a) He washes them in an outside basin.
(b) He gets them dry-cleaned.
(c) He never washes them.
(d) He swishes them in the tub and hangs them on hangers to dry.
9. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
(b) A football uniform.
(c) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
(d) A suit and tie.
10. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(b) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(c) So he can get away from Sarah.
(d) So Rose can take care of him.
11. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
(a) A new kennel.
(c) A new collar and leash.
(d) Bedding and a soft toy.
12. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
(a) Edward belonged to Ethan.
(b) Edward is a good watchdog.
(c) Macon wants his company.
(d) Edward belongs to Sarah.
13. Who has Rose been seeing?
(a) No one.
(b) Boyd Dugan.
(c) Garner Bolt.
(d) Julian Edge.
14. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They have both lost their jobs.
(b) They don't have any other family.
(c) They have lost a child.
(d) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
15. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They begin to call him day and night.
(b) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They don't know Sarah has left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
2. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
3. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
4. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
5. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)