|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon get injured?
(a) Macon trips over the sidewalk on his way home from the store.
(b) Edward bites Macon on his leg.
(c) Edward knocks Macon to the ground after the cat spooks him.
(d) Macon falls down the stairs while carrying groceries.
2. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
(a) Edward has backed someone into the magnolia tree and is barking.
(b) Children playing hopscotch on the sidewalk.
(c) Rose is on the front steps talking to her neighbor.
(d) A delivery person has arrived with a package.
3. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because she quit.
(b) Because she's at lunch.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because her son is sick.
4. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(b) New York.
5. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
(a) Macon's unsure having dinner with her and Alexander is the right thing to do and puts her off.
(b) Macon is disappointed that she is breaking up with him.
(c) Macon is pleased that Muriel trusts him and wants to go away with her.
(d) Macon agrees that getting a dog is a good idea.
6. What restaurant do Macon and Sarah agree to meet at for dinner?
(a) Old Cove.
(b) Old Bay.
(c) Old Dock.
(d) Old Shore.
7. Where are Macon and Sarah returning from their vacation?
(a) The lake.
(b) The beach.
(c) The desert.
(d) The mountains.
8. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Cleaning up after themselves.
(b) Spending within their budget.
(c) Talking to people they don't know well.
(d) Finding their way around while driving.
9. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
(a) Major U.S. cities.
(b) Major South American cities.
(c) Major Canadian cities.
(d) Major European cities.
10. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(b) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
(c) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
(d) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
11. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
(b) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(c) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(d) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
12. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
(a) Macon runs into Muriel.
(b) Macon sees Sarah with another man.
(c) Macon has a panic attack.
(d) Macon gets food poisoning.
13. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They have both lost their jobs.
(b) They have lost a child.
(c) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
(d) They don't have any other family.
14. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(b) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
(c) She has been married several times.
(d) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
15. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(b) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
(c) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
(d) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
2. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
3. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
4. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
5. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)