|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
(a) A new collar and leash.
(b) Bedding and a soft toy.
(d) A new kennel.
2. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
(a) Macon thinks Muriel is upset about him not training Edward and Muriel doesn't care.
(b) Muriel thinks Macon is upset that she has a kid and Macon doesn't like what she's doing with Edward.
(c) Muriel thinks Macon isn't training Edward and Macon is training him.
(d) Muriel doesn't think Macon wants her to bring her kid to training and Macon wants her to.
3. Who is brave enough to try Rose's turkey at Thanksgiving?
4. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
(a) To invite Macon and Edward over so that she can cook dinner for them and train Edward.
(b) To tell Macon his credit card didn't go through.
(c) To ask how Macon is doing since Sarah left.
(d) To offer to train Edward while Macon is away on business.
5. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their step-father.
(b) Their grandparents.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their aunt.
6. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
(a) He pictures the way she has decorated the rooms.
(b) He pictures her with someone else.
(c) He pictures chaos, sneakers in the oven and the sofa heaped with china.
(d) He pictures her crying over him.
7. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
(a) At church.
(b) At a play.
(c) At school.
(d) At a party.
8. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
(a) Macon sees Sarah with another man.
(b) Macon runs into Muriel.
(c) Macon gets food poisoning.
(d) Macon has a panic attack.
9. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should let her know he cares.
(b) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
(c) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
(d) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
10. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
(a) They make a plan to see a counselor when they get home.
(b) Sarah uses the pay phone to call a doctor.
(c) They don't talk or touch one another.
(d) Macon pumps gas while Sarah sits in the car.
11. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
12. What does Macon do after Sarah has left the restaurant?
(a) Macon waits for Sarah to return with the car.
(b) Macon finishes his dinner and calls Rose to pick him up.
(c) Macon pays for the bill and meets Sarah at her place.
(d) Macon asks the waiter to box his leftovers and drives home.
13. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
14. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He can't wait to get away from his family.
(b) He wishes he can travel by train.
(c) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(d) He is excited about visiting new places.
15. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(b) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(c) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(d) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
2. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
3. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
4. What does Macon feel after thinking of Sarah in her apartment?
5. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)