|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He switches to eating at restaurants.
(b) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
(c) He switches to showering at night.
(d) He works three days a week instead of five.
2. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(a) New York.
3. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
(b) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
(c) A suit and tie.
(d) A football uniform.
4. According to Sarah, Macon is _______________.
(a) A jerk who never loved her.
(b) A great husband.
(c) The best friend she can hope for.
(d) A dried up kernel of a man.
5. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
(a) That he doesn't recognize Macon.
(b) That he is a government spy.
(c) That he has another family in Germany.
(d) That he needs his passport.
6. What is Macon's reaction to Sarah's wish regarding their separation?
(a) Macon is thrilled; he is glad they are getting back together.
(b) Macon is happy: he wants to start dating again.
(c) Macon is shocked; he thought they could work things out.
(d) Macon is upset; he doesn't want to start counseling.
7. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
(a) So that Sarah will feel sorry for Macon and come back.
(b) So that Macon never has to travel again.
(c) So that Macon can be taken care of by Rose.
(d) So that Macon can hide forever.
8. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
(a) A song that played at their wedding.
(b) The traffic from the street.
(c) The news.
(d) The rain beating on the overhang above them.
9. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) Because she quit.
(c) Because she's at lunch.
(d) Because her son is sick.
10. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
11. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They begin to call him day and night.
(b) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They don't know Sarah has left him.
12. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
13. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
(a) A table from the kitchen.
(b) A sofa from the living room.
(c) A navy rug from the dining room.
(d) A painting from the den.
14. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
(b) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(c) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(d) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
15. On their training expedition with Edward, what does Muriel ask Macon?
(a) To take a trip to Florida with her and Alexander.
(b) To get another dog so that Edward won't be so lonely.
(c) To stop calling her as she no longer wants to see him.
(d) To come to dinner because it would be good for Alexander to spend time around a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
2. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
3. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
4. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
5. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)