|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(b) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(c) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(d) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
2. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
3. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(b) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(c) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(d) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
4. Where does Macon pull over?
(a) A gravel road.
(b) A BP station.
(c) A Texaco station.
(d) A McDonald's.
5. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Spending within their budget.
(b) Finding their way around while driving.
(c) Talking to people they don't know well.
(d) Cleaning up after themselves.
6. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
(a) Khakis and a button-down shirt.
(b) A summer suit.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) Shorts and a t-shirt.
7. Where does Muriel tell Macon she's never been?
(a) To vet school.
(b) To graduate school.
(c) To college.
(d) To high school.
8. What does Sarah tell Macon she wants regarding their separation?
(a) Sarah wants to have their marriage annulled.
(b) Sarah wants to try counseling.
(c) Sarah wants to make it legal.
(d) Sarah wants to come back to Macon.
9. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
(c) Love Always.
10. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
(a) That he is a government spy.
(b) That he has another family in Germany.
(c) That he doesn't recognize Macon.
(d) That he needs his passport.
11. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
(a) A table from the kitchen.
(b) A navy rug from the dining room.
(c) A sofa from the living room.
(d) A painting from the den.
12. What restaurant do Macon and Sarah agree to meet at for dinner?
(a) Old Bay.
(b) Old Shore.
(c) Old Cove.
(d) Old Dock.
13. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They begin to call him day and night.
(b) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They invite him to potluck dinners.
14. What does Macon wear to bed?
(a) Tomorrow's underwear.
(c) Whatever he wears that day.
15. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
(a) Alexander's bad behavior and truancy at school.
(b) Alexander's cries in the middle of the night that wakes him up.
(c) Alexander's medical bills and the fact that he's not like other kids.
(d) Alexander's constant need for attention and approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
2. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
3. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
4. How does Macon get injured?
5. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)