|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
(a) I love you.
(b) Take Care.
(d) Yours Truly.
2. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
(a) Her sister is the oldest.
(b) Her sister always got better grades.
(c) Her sister is a terrific athelete.
(d) Her sister's hair stayed blonde.
3. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
(a) Muriel thinks Macon is upset that she has a kid and Macon doesn't like what she's doing with Edward.
(b) Muriel doesn't think Macon wants her to bring her kid to training and Macon wants her to.
(c) Muriel thinks Macon isn't training Edward and Macon is training him.
(d) Macon thinks Muriel is upset about him not training Edward and Muriel doesn't care.
4. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
(a) He can no longer board there, as he bit an attendant.
(b) He can no longer board there, as he won't eat when Macon leaves.
(c) He can no longer board there, as they are closing the kennel.
(d) He can no longer board there, as they are boarding cats only.
5. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
(b) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(c) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(d) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
6. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
(a) He convinces Rose to let Charles out.
(b) He convinces Porter to apologize to Charles.
(c) He tells Charles he will be home soon to get him out.
(d) He calls Muriel to come over and calm Edward.
7. What is Macon's injury?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A fractured ankle.
(c) A fractured wrist.
(d) A broken leg.
8. What does Macon do after Sarah has left the restaurant?
(a) Macon pays for the bill and meets Sarah at her place.
(b) Macon asks the waiter to box his leftovers and drives home.
(c) Macon finishes his dinner and calls Rose to pick him up.
(d) Macon waits for Sarah to return with the car.
9. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
(a) Alexander is born blind.
(b) Alexander is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.
(c) Alexander is born with a hole in his heart.
(d) Alexander is born very prematurely.
10. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
(a) Video games.
(b) Crossword Puzzles.
11. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
(a) It is war-torn.
(b) It is his birth country.
(c) It doesn't exist.
(d) It is remote.
12. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(b) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(c) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(d) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
13. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because her son is sick.
(b) Because she quit.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because she's at lunch.
14. What year do Macon and Sarah meet?
15. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
(a) To offer to train Edward while Macon is away on business.
(b) To invite Macon and Edward over so that she can cook dinner for them and train Edward.
(c) To tell Macon his credit card didn't go through.
(d) To ask how Macon is doing since Sarah left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon pull over?
2. What is Rose giving Julian for Christmas?
3. What does Macon agree to regarding Edward?
4. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
5. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)