|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
(a) He can no longer board there, as they are boarding cats only.
(b) He can no longer board there, as they are closing the kennel.
(c) He can no longer board there, as he won't eat when Macon leaves.
(d) He can no longer board there, as he bit an attendant.
2. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
(a) She has to go to the bathroom.
(b) She wants to wait out the storm under an overpass.
(c) She wants to drive.
(d) She wants to get a blanket from the trunk.
3. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
(b) She has been married several times.
(c) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
(d) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
4. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
(a) That he doesn't recognize Macon.
(b) That he needs his passport.
(c) That he has another family in Germany.
(d) That he is a government spy.
5. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
(a) It is remote.
(b) It is war-torn.
(c) It doesn't exist.
(d) It is his birth country.
6. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
(a) He convinces Rose to let Charles out.
(b) He calls Muriel to come over and calm Edward.
(c) He convinces Porter to apologize to Charles.
(d) He tells Charles he will be home soon to get him out.
7. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
(a) A new kennel.
(b) A new collar and leash.
(d) Bedding and a soft toy.
8. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
(a) To offer to train Edward while Macon is away on business.
(b) To invite Macon and Edward over so that she can cook dinner for them and train Edward.
(c) To ask how Macon is doing since Sarah left.
(d) To tell Macon his credit card didn't go through.
9. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
(a) A matching floral shirt and skirt and sandals.
(b) A skimpy dress splashed with flowers and high-heeled sandals.
(c) An ankle-length dress splashed with flowers and flats.
(d) A prim and formal black suit with loafers.
10. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
(a) Macon is disappointed that she is breaking up with him.
(b) Macon's unsure having dinner with her and Alexander is the right thing to do and puts her off.
(c) Macon is pleased that Muriel trusts him and wants to go away with her.
(d) Macon agrees that getting a dog is a good idea.
11. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
12. Where are Macon and Sarah returning from their vacation?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The lake.
(c) The beach.
(d) The desert.
13. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
14. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because of the cast on his leg.
(b) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
(c) Because he looks so tan.
(d) Because he's lost so much weight.
15. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They couldn't be happier.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They refuse to talk about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
2. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
3. What sound should Macon make when Edward does something positive?
4. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
5. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)