|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is outgoing.
(c) He is aloof.
(d) He is angry.
2. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
(b) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(c) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(d) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
3. What prompts Macon to pull over?
(a) Macon wants to consult his map.
(b) Sarah tells him she is pregnant.
(c) Sarah needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) Sarah tells him she wants a divorce.
4. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because he looks so tan.
(b) Because he's lost so much weight.
(c) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
(d) Because of the cast on his leg.
5. What does he teach the cat to do?
(a) Stand on its hind legs.
(b) Go in and out of the windowpane.
(c) Open the bathroom door.
(d) Retrieve his pens.
6. What year do Macon and Sarah meet?
7. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) A suit and tie.
(b) A football uniform.
(c) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
(d) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
8. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
(a) A navy rug from the dining room.
(b) A table from the kitchen.
(c) A painting from the den.
(d) A sofa from the living room.
9. What does Macon feel after thinking of Sarah in her apartment?
(a) Grateful for his own environment.
(b) Sad at losing her.
(c) Happy for her.
(d) Longing to be close to someone.
10. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
(a) Because it's his favorite store.
(b) Because Sarah works there.
(c) Because he can't face going into the store.
(d) Because it's the only one open late.
11. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
(a) Major European cities.
(b) Major Canadian cities.
(c) Major U.S. cities.
(d) Major South American cities.
12. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
(a) Muriel doesn't think Macon wants her to bring her kid to training and Macon wants her to.
(b) Muriel thinks Macon isn't training Edward and Macon is training him.
(c) Muriel thinks Macon is upset that she has a kid and Macon doesn't like what she's doing with Edward.
(d) Macon thinks Muriel is upset about him not training Edward and Muriel doesn't care.
13. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
(a) Because her son is sick.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) Because she quit.
(d) Because she's at lunch.
14. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
15. On their training expedition with Edward, what does Muriel ask Macon?
(a) To stop calling her as she no longer wants to see him.
(b) To take a trip to Florida with her and Alexander.
(c) To get another dog so that Edward won't be so lonely.
(d) To come to dinner because it would be good for Alexander to spend time around a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
2. Who has Rose been seeing?
3. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
4. What does Macon do when he wakes up from his dream about Grandfather Leary?
5. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)