|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
(a) Julian realizes Macon isn't home.
(b) Julian realizes he forgot an important document.
(c) Julian realizes he has missed dinner.
(d) Julian realizes Sarah isn't there.
2. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is aloof.
(c) He is outgoing.
(d) He is nervous.
3. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
(a) To ask how Macon is doing since Sarah left.
(b) To invite Macon and Edward over so that she can cook dinner for them and train Edward.
(c) To tell Macon his credit card didn't go through.
(d) To offer to train Edward while Macon is away on business.
4. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
(b) New York.
5. Where does Macon pull over?
(a) A BP station.
(b) A Texaco station.
(c) A McDonald's.
(d) A gravel road.
6. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) A football uniform.
(b) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
(c) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
(d) A suit and tie.
7. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(b) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(c) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(d) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
8. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their step-father.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their grandparents.
(d) Their mother.
9. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
(a) Meow-Bow Animal Hospital.
(b) The ASPCA.
(c) His sister's.
10. On their training expedition with Edward, what does Muriel ask Macon?
(a) To take a trip to Florida with her and Alexander.
(b) To get another dog so that Edward won't be so lonely.
(c) To come to dinner because it would be good for Alexander to spend time around a man.
(d) To stop calling her as she no longer wants to see him.
11. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
12. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
(a) Children playing hopscotch on the sidewalk.
(b) A delivery person has arrived with a package.
(c) Rose is on the front steps talking to her neighbor.
(d) Edward has backed someone into the magnolia tree and is barking.
13. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He can't wait to get away from his family.
(b) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(c) He is excited about visiting new places.
(d) He wishes he can travel by train.
14. Why is the restaurant where Macon and Sarah agree to meet significant?
(a) Because Macon and Sarah got engaged there.
(b) Because Sarah's father took her when she was a little girl.
(c) Because Macon's been going there ever since his grandparents took him as a little boy.
(d) Because Macon and Sarah know the owner well.
15. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(b) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(c) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(d) She is trying to spare her manicure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
2. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
3. What does Sarah tell Macon she wants regarding their separation?
4. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
5. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)