Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. In the car, how are Macon and Sarah's physical appearance symbolic of the state of their marriage?
2. What are Macon's and Sarah's reactions to the stormy weather and why are they significant?
3. What have Macon and Sarah gone through over the past year?
4. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. Describe some of Macon's domestic habits after Sarah has moved out of the house.
6. What kind of writer is Macon and who...
This section contains 896 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)