|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
(a) Because Edward is unruly and rough.
(b) Because Edward sheds on the furniture.
(c) Because Edward is so old.
(d) Because Edward's food is so expensive.
2. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
(a) Julian realizes he has missed dinner.
(b) Julian realizes Macon isn't home.
(c) Julian realizes Sarah isn't there.
(d) Julian realizes he forgot an important document.
3. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(b) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(c) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(d) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
4. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So Rose can take care of him.
(b) So he can get away from Sarah.
(c) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(d) So he can get away from construction at his home.
5. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
(a) Muriel announces that she's gotten a raise.
(b) Muriel announces that she's quit her job.
(c) Muriel announces that she's getting back together with her ex-husband.
(d) Muriel announces that she's been hired at the vet hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the restaurant where Macon and Sarah agree to meet significant?
2. What are some of Grandfather Leary's inventions?
3. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
4. Where is Muriel's house located?
5. What is Macon's reaction to Muriel's announcement while they are browsing thrift stores?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)