|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
(a) Crossword Puzzles.
(c) Video games.
2. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(b) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(c) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(d) She is distracted by dogs barking.
3. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) A two week extension on his manuscript.
(b) A pay increase for his next book.
(c) An advance for a novel he's writing.
(d) A one month vacation.
4. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
(a) Shorts and a t-shirt.
(b) Khakis and a button-down shirt.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A summer suit.
5. What does Macon remind Muriel about on the phone when he calls her while Sarah is at her sculpture class?
(a) That it is bee season and to take special care with Alexander.
(b) That Edward's training session is coming up.
(c) That Alexander has soccer practice on Saturday.
(d) That the gutters need to be cleaned out after the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
2. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
3. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
4. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
5. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)