|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
(a) Alexander is born with a hole in his heart.
(b) Alexander is born very prematurely.
(c) Alexander is born blind.
(d) Alexander is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.
2. What is Macon's injury?
(a) A fractured ankle.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A fractured wrist.
3. According to Sarah, Macon is _______________.
(a) A jerk who never loved her.
(b) The best friend she can hope for.
(c) A great husband.
(d) A dried up kernel of a man.
4. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
(a) Like the middle of winter.
(b) Like the start of summer.
(c) Like the beginning of spring.
(d) Like the end of fall.
5. In Vancouver, what does Sarah ask Macon on the phone?
(a) If Muriel is a good person.
(b) If Macon plans on staying with Muriel forever.
(c) If Edward can stay with her at the house.
(d) If Macon is coming back next week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
2. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
3. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
4. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
5. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)