|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
(a) Because Macon is yelling.
(b) Because a deer runs in front of the car.
(c) Because it is raining heavily.
(d) Because they are lost.
2. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
(a) Julian and Rose's wedding.
(b) A cookout at Julian's house.
(c) Rose's birthday party.
(d) Easter dinner.
3. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
(b) The legal papers.
(c) The house.
4. Why does Muriel tell Macon about the previous boyfriend who, after he began to trust women again, left her for a stewardess?
(a) Because Muriel is afraid that Macon will leave her.
(b) Because the boyfriend wants to get back together with Muriel.
(c) Because Muriel thinks Macon will meet a stewardess on one of his trips.
(d) Because Muriel has met someone else now that she trusts men again.
5. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
(a) A song that played at their wedding.
(b) The rain beating on the overhang above them.
(c) The traffic from the street.
(d) The news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
2. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
3. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
4. Why does Charles knock on Muriel's door?
5. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)