|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(b) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(c) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
(d) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
2. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he will be asked to give a toast.
(b) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
(c) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
(d) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
3. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Macon feels how angry he still is with her.
(b) Macon feels how natural and comfortable it is to be next to her.
(c) Macon feels how awkward it is to be next to her.
(d) Macon doesn't feel anything.
4. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
5. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(b) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(c) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(d) They begin to call him day and night.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
2. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
3. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
4. Who has Rose been seeing?
5. What does Macon do after Sarah has left the restaurant?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)