|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
(a) Macon agrees that getting a dog is a good idea.
(b) Macon is pleased that Muriel trusts him and wants to go away with her.
(c) Macon is disappointed that she is breaking up with him.
(d) Macon's unsure having dinner with her and Alexander is the right thing to do and puts her off.
2. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
(a) Because he never finished school and she has a graduate degree.
(b) Because she makes it so easy to control Edward and he has no control over him.
(c) Because she is unfriendly and mean.
(d) Because he is intimidated by her good looks.
3. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They have both lost their jobs.
(b) They have lost a child.
(c) They don't have any other family.
(d) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
4. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(b) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
(c) She has been married several times.
(d) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
5. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
(b) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(c) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(d) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon wear to bed?
2. What do Macon and Susan discuss at dinner?
3. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
4. What are some of Grandfather Leary's inventions?
5. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)