|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(b) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
(c) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(d) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
2. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
(a) The television.
(b) The oven.
(c) The computer.
(d) The dishwasher.
3. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
(a) Macon pumps gas while Sarah sits in the car.
(b) Sarah uses the pay phone to call a doctor.
(c) They make a plan to see a counselor when they get home.
(d) They don't talk or touch one another.
4. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
(a) The first draft of his next book.
(b) The remaining pages of his manuscript.
(c) The final draft of his autobiography.
(d) The remaining pages of a novel he is writing.
5. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
(a) Their mother loses all her savings after the stock market crash.
(b) Their mother dies in a car accident.
(c) Their mother is afraid to fly.
(d) They are met at the Baltimore airport by their grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Sarah an "emotional jolt" when she sees it?
2. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
3. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
4. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
5. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)