|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
(a) Macon agrees that getting a dog is a good idea.
(b) Macon is disappointed that she is breaking up with him.
(c) Macon is pleased that Muriel trusts him and wants to go away with her.
(d) Macon's unsure having dinner with her and Alexander is the right thing to do and puts her off.
2. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They refuse to talk about it.
(c) They couldn't be happier.
(d) They are despondent.
3. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
(a) Edward jumps up on Muriel.
(b) Julian pays a surprise visit.
(c) Rose calls out for help.
(d) Macon kisses Muriel.
4. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
5. After Sarah leaves for her sculpture class, why is Macon distracted when he sits down to write?
(a) Macon is wondering if Rose will take Julian back.
(b) Macon has writer's block.
(c) Macon is worried about Sarah's health.
(d) Macon is thinking about Muriel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plumber tell Sarah about the damage to the house?
2. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
3. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
4. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
5. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)