|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Macon write for?
(a) People who are looking for jobs overseas.
(b) People who are afraid to fly.
(c) People who travel to remote and exotic locations.
(d) People who travel on business and are not interested in sightseeing.
2. What does Sarah tell Macon she wants regarding their separation?
(a) Sarah wants to have their marriage annulled.
(b) Sarah wants to come back to Macon.
(c) Sarah wants to try counseling.
(d) Sarah wants to make it legal.
3. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
4. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(b) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
(c) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(d) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
5. Who are the two people Macon is surprised to see at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) Garner Bolt and his wife.
(b) His father and Sarah.
(c) Norman and his wife.
(d) His mother and Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their training expedition with Edward, what does Muriel ask Macon?
2. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
3. How does Muriel respond to Macon's reminder?
4. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
5. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)