|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(b) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(c) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(d) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
2. Who does Macon write for?
(a) People who travel to remote and exotic locations.
(b) People who are looking for jobs overseas.
(c) People who travel on business and are not interested in sightseeing.
(d) People who are afraid to fly.
3. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) An advance for a novel he's writing.
(b) A one month vacation.
(c) A pay increase for his next book.
(d) A two week extension on his manuscript.
4. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
(c) No one.
5. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He works three days a week instead of five.
(b) He switches to showering at night.
(c) He switches to eating at restaurants.
(d) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
2. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
3. What do Macon and Susan discuss at dinner?
4. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
5. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)