|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
(a) Edward belongs to Sarah.
(b) Macon wants his company.
(c) Edward belonged to Ethan.
(d) Edward is a good watchdog.
2. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
(a) That Macon is his favorite grandson.
(b) That Macon has lost his center and Sarah is that center.
(c) That Macon should remarry and move to Lassaque.
(d) That Macon is on the right path to salvation.
3. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
(a) Muriel's ambition.
(b) Muriel's bad temper.
(c) Muriel's beauty.
(d) Muriel's youthfulness.
4. Why does Sarah want to move back into the house?
(a) Sarah's lease is up and she can't find another apartment.
(b) The house belongs to Sarah, not Macon.
(c) Sarah wants to fix it up before they sell it.
(d) Sarah and her new boyfriend need a bigger place to stay.
5. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
(a) Alexander is born blind.
(b) Alexander is born very prematurely.
(c) Alexander is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.
(d) Alexander is born with a hole in his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
2. What announcement does Muriel make to Macon as they are browsing thrift stores?
3. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
4. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
5. What are some of Grandfather Leary's inventions?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)