|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
(a) Julian has his paycheck.
(b) Julian wants to invite him to dinner.
(c) Julian went to his house and found it empty.
(d) Julian is angry because Macon has missed a deadline.
2. Who does Macon write for?
(a) People who are looking for jobs overseas.
(b) People who are afraid to fly.
(c) People who travel to remote and exotic locations.
(d) People who travel on business and are not interested in sightseeing.
3. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
(a) He can no longer board there, as he won't eat when Macon leaves.
(b) He can no longer board there, as he bit an attendant.
(c) He can no longer board there, as they are boarding cats only.
(d) He can no longer board there, as they are closing the kennel.
4. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
(a) It is war-torn.
(b) It doesn't exist.
(c) It is his birth country.
(d) It is remote.
5. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They couldn't be happier.
(b) They are despondent.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They refuse to talk about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
2. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
3. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
4. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
5. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)