|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(b) She still loves him after all these years.
(c) He doesn't love her anymore.
(d) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
2. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
(a) Muriel's cousin from Alabama.
(b) Muriel's teenage sister, Claire.
(c) The Dugan's dog, Max.
(d) Muriel's mother.
3. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
(a) Rose and Julian show up at his door.
(b) Edward distracts Macon with his barking.
(c) The words freeze in Macon's mouth.
(d) Macon decides to go to dinner with her after all.
4. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
(a) Alexander is born blind.
(b) Alexander is born with a hole in his heart.
(c) Alexander is born very prematurely.
(d) Alexander is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.
5. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) A one month vacation.
(b) An advance for a novel he's writing.
(c) A two week extension on his manuscript.
(d) A pay increase for his next book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
2. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
3. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
4. What is Muriel's dog training specialty?
5. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)