|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
(a) Julian realizes Macon isn't home.
(b) Julian realizes Sarah isn't there.
(c) Julian realizes he has missed dinner.
(d) Julian realizes he forgot an important document.
2. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
(a) Alexander's constant need for attention and approval.
(b) Alexander's medical bills and the fact that he's not like other kids.
(c) Alexander's bad behavior and truancy at school.
(d) Alexander's cries in the middle of the night that wakes him up.
3. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They couldn't be happier.
(b) They are understanding.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They refuse to talk about it.
4. What restaurant do Macon and Sarah agree to meet at for dinner?
(a) Old Cove.
(b) Old Bay.
(c) Old Dock.
(d) Old Shore.
5. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
2. How does Sarah greet Macon at the restaurant?
3. What does Macon feel standing next to Sarah at Rose and Julian's wedding?
4. Where is Muriel's house located?
5. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)