|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
(a) Edward runs back and forth from Macon to Julian, wagging his tail.
(b) Edward barks at Julian and bites Macon when Macon grabs his leash.
(c) Edward blocks the door and when Julian grabs his leash, Edward snarls and nips his hand.
(d) Edward jumps on Julian and licks his face.
2. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
3. Where does Rose and Julian's wedding ceremony take place?
(a) At a Lutheran church.
(b) Outside at the Leary household.
(c) At the courthouse.
(d) In a rented hall.
4. What is Muriel's response to Macon's note?
(a) Muriel tells him she's no longer interested.
(b) Muriel makes tea for them and lets him talk about Sarah.
(c) Muriel hugs him but tells him to go home.
(d) Muriel hugs him and brings him to bed so that he can sleep.
5. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
(a) Because Sarah works there.
(b) Because he can't face going into the store.
(c) Because it's the only one open late.
(d) Because it's his favorite store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
2. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
3. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
4. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
5. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)