|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
(a) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's reconciliation with Norman.
(b) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's unsavory boyfriends and lapses in judgment.
(c) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's college days and her joining a sorority.
(d) Mrs. Dugan tells him about Muriel's swimming competitions.
2. What does Macon think regarding Edward's training that his family isn't so sure about?
(a) That Edward is too old to be trained.
(b) That Edward isn't improving.
(c) That Edward is improving.
(d) That Edward is completely trained.
3. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They begin to call him day and night.
(b) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They invite him to potluck dinners.
4. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) His grandmother's earrings.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A new car.
5. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
(a) A matching floral shirt and skirt and sandals.
(b) A prim and formal black suit with loafers.
(c) An ankle-length dress splashed with flowers and flats.
(d) A skimpy dress splashed with flowers and high-heeled sandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about regarding Macon at the restaurant?
2. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
3. According to Sarah, Macon is _______________.
4. What does Edward do when Muriel arrives for Edward's first lesson?
5. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)