|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the restaurant where Macon and Sarah agree to meet significant?
(a) Because Macon's been going there ever since his grandparents took him as a little boy.
(b) Because Macon and Sarah know the owner well.
(c) Because Macon and Sarah got engaged there.
(d) Because Sarah's father took her when she was a little girl.
2. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(b) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(c) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(d) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
3. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
(a) Like the middle of winter.
(b) Like the end of fall.
(c) Like the beginning of spring.
(d) Like the start of summer.
4. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(b) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
(c) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
(d) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
5. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(b) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(c) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
(d) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
2. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
3. What is significant about the day Macon wakes from his dream about Grandfather Leary?
4. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
5. What prompts Macon to pull over?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)