|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
(a) The final draft of his autobiography.
(b) The first draft of his next book.
(c) The remaining pages of a novel he is writing.
(d) The remaining pages of his manuscript.
2. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
(a) Because she is unfriendly and mean.
(b) Because she makes it so easy to control Edward and he has no control over him.
(c) Because he is intimidated by her good looks.
(d) Because he never finished school and she has a graduate degree.
3. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because he looks so tan.
(b) Because of the cast on his leg.
(c) Because he's lost so much weight.
(d) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
4. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
5. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
(b) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
(c) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
(d) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
2. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
3. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
4. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
5. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)