|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Macon she wants regarding their separation?
(a) Sarah wants to come back to Macon.
(b) Sarah wants to try counseling.
(c) Sarah wants to have their marriage annulled.
(d) Sarah wants to make it legal.
2. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(b) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(c) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(d) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
3. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
4. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) Cranberry liqueur.
(d) An apple pie.
5. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
(a) Because Edward is unruly and rough.
(b) Because Edward is so old.
(c) Because Edward's food is so expensive.
(d) Because Edward sheds on the furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
2. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
3. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
4. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
5. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)