|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Spending within their budget.
(b) Cleaning up after themselves.
(c) Talking to people they don't know well.
(d) Finding their way around while driving.
2. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
(a) Muriel's first husband.
(b) Muriel and Norman's baby.
(c) Muriel's parents.
(d) Norman's money.
3. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
(a) At a play.
(b) At church.
(c) At school.
(d) At a party.
4. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
(a) Julian has no plans for Christmas.
(b) Julian is planning to propose marriage to Rose.
(c) Julian is planning to spend Christmas with his family.
(d) Julian is planning on taking Rose to Paris.
5. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(b) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
(c) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(d) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
2. Why is Charles locked in the pantry when Macon can't reach Sarah in New York?
3. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
4. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
5. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)