|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon agree to regarding Edward?
(a) To put him in his kennel at night.
(b) To get him groomed by a professional.
(c) To get some training for him.
(d) To keep him out of the house.
2. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(b) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(c) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(d) They begin to call him day and night.
3. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
(a) Edward has backed someone into the magnolia tree and is barking.
(b) Rose is on the front steps talking to her neighbor.
(c) Children playing hopscotch on the sidewalk.
(d) A delivery person has arrived with a package.
4. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(b) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
(c) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
(d) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
5. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
(b) A new collar and leash.
(c) A new kennel.
(d) Bedding and a soft toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
2. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
3. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
4. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
5. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)