|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charles locked in the pantry when Macon can't reach Sarah in New York?
(a) Rose locked Charles in after a big fight.
(b) Edward attacked him and Charles thought it was the safest place.
(c) Charles locked himself in after an argument with Porter.
(d) Charles accidently locked himself in while getting a can of soup.
2. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
(a) So that Macon can be taken care of by Rose.
(b) So that Macon can hide forever.
(c) So that Sarah will feel sorry for Macon and come back.
(d) So that Macon never has to travel again.
3. What does Macon stop on his walk with Edward?
(a) A child running across the street.
(b) Muriel before she goes to work.
(c) Children teasing Alexander.
(d) Neighbors fighting on the lawn.
4. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) Cranberry liqueur.
(b) An apple pie.
(c) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(d) A box of chocolates.
5. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
(a) It is remote.
(b) It is war-torn.
(c) It is his birth country.
(d) It doesn't exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
2. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
3. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
4. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
5. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)