|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
(a) In her hand, so that she can hold it.
(b) On her arm, to show him where a dog bit her.
(c) On her leg, to show him a birth mark.
(d) On her belly, to show him her caesarean scar.
2. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
(b) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
(c) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
(d) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
3. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
(a) That Macon should remarry and move to Lassaque.
(b) That Macon is on the right path to salvation.
(c) That Macon is his favorite grandson.
(d) That Macon has lost his center and Sarah is that center.
4. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
(a) He is invested in a football game.
(b) He is concerned about Alexander's shyness.
(c) He is upset about Muriel bringing Macon.
(d) He is worried about the pipes freezing.
5. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
2. How does Sarah greet Macon at the restaurant?
3. Where does Macon like to travel?
4. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
5. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)