|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
(a) That Macon is his favorite grandson.
(b) That Macon is on the right path to salvation.
(c) That Macon should remarry and move to Lassaque.
(d) That Macon has lost his center and Sarah is that center.
2. Who has Rose been seeing?
(a) Garner Bolt.
(b) Boyd Dugan.
(c) Julian Edge.
(d) No one.
3. What does Macon do in lieu of calling Muriel?
(a) Sends flowers and a thank you card.
(b) Calls Rose instead and asks for advice.
(c) Goes for a long walk to clear his head.
(d) Writes a note and delivers it at her house.
4. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
(a) Edward blocks the door and when Julian grabs his leash, Edward snarls and nips his hand.
(b) Edward jumps on Julian and licks his face.
(c) Edward barks at Julian and bites Macon when Macon grabs his leash.
(d) Edward runs back and forth from Macon to Julian, wagging his tail.
5. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
(a) Because she makes it so easy to control Edward and he has no control over him.
(b) Because she is unfriendly and mean.
(c) Because he is intimidated by her good looks.
(d) Because he never finished school and she has a graduate degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. After recovering from his injury, who does Macon move in with?
2. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
3. What is significant about the day Macon wakes from his dream about Grandfather Leary?
4. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
5. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)