|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
(a) The rain beating on the overhang above them.
(b) A song that played at their wedding.
(c) The traffic from the street.
(d) The news.
2. What is significant about the subdivision Muriel's parents live in?
(a) The subdivision is on a lake and each house has a dock.
(b) The subdivision is in the most dangerous part of the city.
(c) The subdivision is the most exclusive in the area.
(d) The subdivision's streets are named after trees that are nowhere near there.
3. What does Muriel give Macon after they come home from Christmas dinner?
(a) A set of blank notebooks for his work.
(b) A ceramic bowl she made when she was a girl.
(c) Tickets to a jazz show.
(d) A picture of her as a toddler climbing out of a wading pool.
4. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Talking to people they don't know well.
(b) Cleaning up after themselves.
(c) Spending within their budget.
(d) Finding their way around while driving.
5. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
(a) Fix a leaky faucet.
(b) Mow the lawn.
(c) Ride a bike.
(d) Drive a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
2. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
3. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
4. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
5. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)