|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
(b) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(c) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
(d) Macon takes a tour of the city.
2. Where does Macon like to travel?
(a) He likes to travel to South America.
(b) He likes to travel to Europe.
(c) He likes to travel within the United States.
(d) He doesn't like to travel.
3. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is outgoing.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is aloof.
(d) He is nervous.
4. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(b) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(c) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(d) She is trying to spare her manicure.
5. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
(a) Macon is relieved that everything is fine.
(b) Macon is upset, sure that the insurance company won't pay for it.
(c) Macon is nonchalant, and confident the insurance company will take care of it.
(d) Macon is despondent, but glad the insurance company will take care of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
2. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
3. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
4. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
5. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)