|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
(a) Macon is not at home because Sarah has left him.
(b) Macon is recovering from his broken leg and not because Sarah has left him.
(c) Macon is looking for a new place to live.
(d) Macon is not at home because of all the construction.
2. What does Charles tell Macon regarding his relationship with Muriel?
(a) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is tacky and inappropriate, and just looking for a meal ticket.
(b) That everyone disapproves of Muriel, who is a snob, and treats Macon poorly.
(c) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is generous and kind, and has trained Edward well.
(d) That everyone approves of Muriel, who is sweet and funny, and has made Macon happy.
3. How does Macon get injured?
(a) Edward knocks Macon to the ground after the cat spooks him.
(b) Macon falls down the stairs while carrying groceries.
(c) Edward bites Macon on his leg.
(d) Macon trips over the sidewalk on his way home from the store.
4. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They couldn't be happier.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They refuse to talk about it.
5. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
(a) A painting from the den.
(b) A navy rug from the dining room.
(c) A sofa from the living room.
(d) A table from the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the day Macon wakes from his dream about Grandfather Leary?
2. Where does Muriel put Macon's hand when he spends the night at her house?
3. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
4. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
5. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)