|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
(a) Because it's his favorite store.
(b) Because he can't face going into the store.
(c) Because Sarah works there.
(d) Because it's the only one open late.
2. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
(a) Organizing the household.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Working on his book.
(d) Researching his next trip.
3. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(b) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(c) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(d) She is distracted by dogs barking.
4. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) A pay increase for his next book.
(b) A two week extension on his manuscript.
(c) A one month vacation.
(d) An advance for a novel he's writing.
5. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
(a) Take Care.
(c) Yours Truly.
(d) I love you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
2. Who does Macon write for?
3. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
4. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
5. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)