|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sarah, Macon is _______________.
(a) A dried up kernel of a man.
(b) A jerk who never loved her.
(c) A great husband.
(d) The best friend she can hope for.
2. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
(a) Cranberry liqueur.
(b) An apple pie.
(c) A bottle of Pinot Gris.
(d) A box of chocolates.
3. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(b) They begin to call him day and night.
(c) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(d) They ignore him when he waves hello.
4. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
(a) They don't want to have a big dinner since it's just the four of them.
(b) Who to invite, since they don't like one another's friends.
(c) No one likes turkey but they feel compelled by tradition to have it.
(d) Where to have Thanksgiving, at the house or in the city.
5. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
(a) Julian realizes Macon isn't home.
(b) Julian realizes he forgot an important document.
(c) Julian realizes Sarah isn't there.
(d) Julian realizes he has missed dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
2. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
3. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
4. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
5. What happens when Macon lifts the receiver to call Muriel and apologize?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)