|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
(a) That he needs his passport.
(b) That he has another family in Germany.
(c) That he is a government spy.
(d) That he doesn't recognize Macon.
2. What does Muriel do the fall of her senior year of high school?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Studies abroad.
(c) Gets married.
(d) Learns to ski.
3. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(b) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(c) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(d) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
4. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(b) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(c) He doesn't love her anymore.
(d) She still loves him after all these years.
5. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He wishes he can travel by train.
(b) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(c) He is excited about visiting new places.
(d) He can't wait to get away from his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian offer Macon at his childhood home?
2. What does Macon think regarding Edward's training that his family isn't so sure about?
3. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
4. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
5. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)