|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They begin to call him day and night.
(b) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(c) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(d) They ignore him when he waves hello.
2. Who does Macon try to call from the restaurant in New York?
3. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They refuse to talk about it.
(b) They couldn't be happier.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are despondent.
4. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(b) He is excited about visiting new places.
(c) He can't wait to get away from his family.
(d) He wishes he can travel by train.
5. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(b) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(c) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
(d) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macon get injured?
2. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
3. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
4. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
5. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)