|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon get injured?
(a) Edward knocks Macon to the ground after the cat spooks him.
(b) Macon falls down the stairs while carrying groceries.
(c) Edward bites Macon on his leg.
(d) Macon trips over the sidewalk on his way home from the store.
2. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(b) They begin to call him day and night.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They invite him to potluck dinners.
3. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) A football uniform.
(b) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
(c) A suit and tie.
(d) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
4. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(b) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(c) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(d) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
5. What does Edward do when Muriel arrives for Edward's first lesson?
(a) He lies down next to her.
(b) He jumps on her.
(c) He bites her.
(d) He barks at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
2. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
3. What is Macon's reaction to Sarah's wish regarding their separation?
4. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
5. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)