|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
(b) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
(c) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
(d) Macon should let her know he cares.
2. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their step-father.
(d) Their grandparents.
3. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
(a) Researching his next trip.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Working on his book.
(d) Organizing the household.
4. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They have lost a child.
(b) They don't have any other family.
(c) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
(d) They have both lost their jobs.
5. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
(a) Rose is on the front steps talking to her neighbor.
(b) A delivery person has arrived with a package.
(c) Edward has backed someone into the magnolia tree and is barking.
(d) Children playing hopscotch on the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
2. What does Julian offer Macon at his childhood home?
3. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
4. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
5. Why is Julian disappointed when he brings over papers about New York?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)