|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
(b) She has been married several times.
(c) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(d) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
2. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
(a) Because Sarah works there.
(b) Because it's the only one open late.
(c) Because it's his favorite store.
(d) Because he can't face going into the store.
3. Why does Macon want his cast to cover him from head to toe?
(a) So that Macon can be taken care of by Rose.
(b) So that Macon can hide forever.
(c) So that Sarah will feel sorry for Macon and come back.
(d) So that Macon never has to travel again.
4. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(b) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
(c) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(d) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
5. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(b) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(c) She still loves him after all these years.
(d) He doesn't love her anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
2. What does Macon do after Sarah has left the restaurant?
3. How does Macon get injured?
4. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
5. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)