|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He doesn't love her anymore.
(b) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(c) She still loves him after all these years.
(d) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
2. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
(b) Because of the cast on his leg.
(c) Because he looks so tan.
(d) Because he's lost so much weight.
3. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Talking to people they don't know well.
(b) Spending within their budget.
(c) Finding their way around while driving.
(d) Cleaning up after themselves.
4. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
(a) Because Edward sheds on the furniture.
(b) Because Edward is so old.
(c) Because Edward's food is so expensive.
(d) Because Edward is unruly and rough.
5. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is aloof.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is outgoing.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
2. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
3. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
4. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
5. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)