|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
2. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They are despondent.
(b) They are understanding.
(c) They couldn't be happier.
(d) They refuse to talk about it.
3. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(b) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
(c) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
(d) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
4. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
(a) They make a plan to see a counselor when they get home.
(b) Sarah uses the pay phone to call a doctor.
(c) They don't talk or touch one another.
(d) Macon pumps gas while Sarah sits in the car.
5. Where does Macon pull over?
(a) A McDonald's.
(b) A BP station.
(c) A gravel road.
(d) A Texaco station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
2. What does Grandfather Leary announce the day his mind first begins to wander?
3. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
4. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
5. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)