|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
(b) Yours Truly.
(c) I love you.
(d) Take Care.
2. Who does Macon write for?
(a) People who travel to remote and exotic locations.
(b) People who travel on business and are not interested in sightseeing.
(c) People who are looking for jobs overseas.
(d) People who are afraid to fly.
3. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
(a) Because Edward's food is so expensive.
(b) Because Edward sheds on the furniture.
(c) Because Edward is so old.
(d) Because Edward is unruly and rough.
4. What restaurant do Macon and Sarah agree to meet at for dinner?
(a) Old Shore.
(b) Old Bay.
(c) Old Cove.
(d) Old Dock.
5. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
(a) Because she is unfriendly and mean.
(b) Because he never finished school and she has a graduate degree.
(c) Because she makes it so easy to control Edward and he has no control over him.
(d) Because he is intimidated by her good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon like to travel?
2. Why is the restaurant where Macon and Sarah agree to meet significant?
3. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
4. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
5. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)