|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sarah, Macon is _______________.
(a) The best friend she can hope for.
(b) A great husband.
(c) A jerk who never loved her.
(d) A dried up kernel of a man.
2. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
(a) Julian wants to invite him to dinner.
(b) Julian went to his house and found it empty.
(c) Julian is angry because Macon has missed a deadline.
(d) Julian has his paycheck.
3. What does Edward do when Muriel arrives for Edward's first lesson?
(a) He bites her.
(b) He jumps on her.
(c) He lies down next to her.
(d) He barks at her.
4. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
(a) A song that played at their wedding.
(b) The news.
(c) The traffic from the street.
(d) The rain beating on the overhang above them.
5. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She has been married several times.
(b) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(c) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
(d) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
2. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
3. Where does Macon like to travel?
4. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
5. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)