|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
2. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
(d) Love Always.
3. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
(a) That Macon is on the right path to salvation.
(b) That Macon has lost his center and Sarah is that center.
(c) That Macon should remarry and move to Lassaque.
(d) That Macon is his favorite grandson.
4. What does Sarah tell Macon she wants regarding their separation?
(a) Sarah wants to come back to Macon.
(b) Sarah wants to have their marriage annulled.
(c) Sarah wants to try counseling.
(d) Sarah wants to make it legal.
5. Why is Charles locked in the pantry when Macon can't reach Sarah in New York?
(a) Edward attacked him and Charles thought it was the safest place.
(b) Charles accidently locked himself in while getting a can of soup.
(c) Rose locked Charles in after a big fight.
(d) Charles locked himself in after an argument with Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
2. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
3. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
4. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
5. What does Macon do after Sarah has left the restaurant?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)