|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
2. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(b) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(c) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(d) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
3. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(b) So Rose can take care of him.
(c) So he can get away from Sarah.
(d) So he can get away from construction at his home.
4. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(b) He doesn't love her anymore.
(c) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(d) She still loves him after all these years.
5. What does Sarah wonder about regarding Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Why Macon hasn't called her for help.
(b) Why Macon chose this restaurant.
(c) Why Macon won't stop calling her.
(d) Why Macon can't finish his meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Grandfather Leary say he's sailing to?
2. What is significant about the day Macon wakes from his dream about Grandfather Leary?
3. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
4. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
5. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)