|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
(a) Their mother dies in a car accident.
(b) Their mother loses all her savings after the stock market crash.
(c) Their mother is afraid to fly.
(d) They are met at the Baltimore airport by their grandparents.
2. Where does Muriel tell Macon she's never been?
(a) To graduate school.
(b) To college.
(c) To vet school.
(d) To high school.
3. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
(b) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(c) She has been married several times.
(d) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
4. Where does Macon like to travel?
(a) He likes to travel within the United States.
(b) He likes to travel to Europe.
(c) He doesn't like to travel.
(d) He likes to travel to South America.
5. What does Macon agree to regarding Edward?
(a) To get some training for him.
(b) To put him in his kennel at night.
(c) To get him groomed by a professional.
(d) To keep him out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
2. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
3. What does Macon see when he looks out the window when his typing is interrupted?
4. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
5. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)