|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(b) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(c) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(d) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
2. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
(b) Crossword Puzzles.
(c) Video games.
3. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(b) They begin to call him day and night.
(c) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(d) They ignore him when he waves hello.
4. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
(a) Macon thinks Muriel is upset about him not training Edward and Muriel doesn't care.
(b) Muriel thinks Macon isn't training Edward and Macon is training him.
(c) Muriel thinks Macon is upset that she has a kid and Macon doesn't like what she's doing with Edward.
(d) Muriel doesn't think Macon wants her to bring her kid to training and Macon wants her to.
5. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
(a) Macon is not at home because Sarah has left him.
(b) Macon is looking for a new place to live.
(c) Macon is recovering from his broken leg and not because Sarah has left him.
(d) Macon is not at home because of all the construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Muriel tell Macon she's never been?
2. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
3. What does Macon agree to regarding Edward?
4. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
5. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)