|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he can get away from Sarah.
(b) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(c) So Rose can take care of him.
(d) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
2. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He is excited about visiting new places.
(b) He wishes he can travel by train.
(c) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(d) He can't wait to get away from his family.
3. What is Macon's injury?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A fractured wrist.
(d) A fractured ankle.
4. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(b) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(c) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
(d) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
5. What does he teach the cat to do?
(a) Open the bathroom door.
(b) Stand on its hind legs.
(c) Go in and out of the windowpane.
(d) Retrieve his pens.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
2. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
3. Why are Macon's siblings leery about Edward?
4. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
5. What does Muriel do the fall of her senior year of high school?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)