|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
(a) She wonders if he knows her son's name.
(b) She wonders if he will get out of prison one day.
(c) She wonders if he knows that he not only killed people in the restaurant, but many others as well.
(d) She wonders if he is sorry and wants forgiveness.
2. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
(a) Sarah uses the pay phone to call a doctor.
(b) They make a plan to see a counselor when they get home.
(c) Macon pumps gas while Sarah sits in the car.
(d) They don't talk or touch one another.
3. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(b) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(c) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(d) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
4. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
(a) Researching his next trip.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Organizing the household.
(d) Working on his book.
5. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They have lost a child.
(b) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
(c) They have both lost their jobs.
(d) They don't have any other family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
2. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
3. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
4. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
5. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)