|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Macon to pull over?
(a) Sarah tells him she is pregnant.
(b) Sarah needs to go to the bathroom.
(c) Sarah tells him she wants a divorce.
(d) Macon wants to consult his map.
2. How does Macon get injured?
(a) Edward bites Macon on his leg.
(b) Macon falls down the stairs while carrying groceries.
(c) Macon trips over the sidewalk on his way home from the store.
(d) Edward knocks Macon to the ground after the cat spooks him.
3. Where does Muriel tell Macon she's never been?
(a) To high school.
(b) To vet school.
(c) To college.
(d) To graduate school.
4. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
(a) He can no longer board there, as they are closing the kennel.
(b) He can no longer board there, as he won't eat when Macon leaves.
(c) He can no longer board there, as he bit an attendant.
(d) He can no longer board there, as they are boarding cats only.
5. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
(a) The rain beating on the overhang above them.
(b) A song that played at their wedding.
(c) The news.
(d) The traffic from the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
2. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
3. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
4. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
5. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)