|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They don't have any other family.
(b) They have lost a child.
(c) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
(d) They have both lost their jobs.
2. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
(b) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
(c) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
(d) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
3. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
(a) Her sister is a terrific athelete.
(b) Her sister's hair stayed blonde.
(c) Her sister is the oldest.
(d) Her sister always got better grades.
4. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
(a) Researching his next trip.
(b) Working on his book.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Organizing the household.
5. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
(b) She has been married several times.
(c) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(d) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
2. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
3. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
4. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
5. What year do Macon and Sarah meet?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)