|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is outgoing.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is aloof.
2. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
(a) A blouse and jeans.
(b) A strapless terry dress.
(c) A skirt and t-shirt.
(d) Shorts and a sweater.
3. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
(b) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
(c) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
(d) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
4. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
(b) She has been married several times.
(c) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(d) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
5. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
(a) Because they are lost.
(b) Because Macon is yelling.
(c) Because it is raining heavily.
(d) Because a deer runs in front of the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
2. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
3. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
4. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
5. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)