|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Macon write for?
(a) People who are afraid to fly.
(b) People who are looking for jobs overseas.
(c) People who travel on business and are not interested in sightseeing.
(d) People who travel to remote and exotic locations.
2. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
(b) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
(c) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(d) Macon takes a tour of the city.
3. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(b) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(c) So he can get away from Sarah.
(d) So Rose can take care of him.
4. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
(a) An ankle-length dress splashed with flowers and flats.
(b) A skimpy dress splashed with flowers and high-heeled sandals.
(c) A matching floral shirt and skirt and sandals.
(d) A prim and formal black suit with loafers.
5. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) An advance for a novel he's writing.
(b) A pay increase for his next book.
(c) A two week extension on his manuscript.
(d) A one month vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
2. Where are Macon and Sarah returning from their vacation?
3. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
4. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
5. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)