|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
(a) To ask how Macon is doing since Sarah left.
(b) To invite Macon and Edward over so that she can cook dinner for them and train Edward.
(c) To offer to train Edward while Macon is away on business.
(d) To tell Macon his credit card didn't go through.
2. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
(a) Macon is pale and Sarah is tan.
(b) Sarah is dressed for skiing and Macon has on shorts.
(c) Macon is dressed for the beach and Sarah is bundled up.
(d) Macon is tan and Sarah is pale.
3. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
(a) He never washes them.
(b) He swishes them in the tub and hangs them on hangers to dry.
(c) He gets them dry-cleaned.
(d) He washes them in an outside basin.
4. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
(a) Meow-Bow Animal Hospital.
(c) His sister's.
(d) The ASPCA.
5. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(b) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(c) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(d) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macon sign his letters to Sarah?
2. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
3. What prompts Macon to pull over?
4. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
5. Who does Macon write for?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)