|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He switches to showering at night.
(b) He works three days a week instead of five.
(c) He switches to eating at restaurants.
(d) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
2. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
3. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) A pay increase for his next book.
(b) A one month vacation.
(c) A two week extension on his manuscript.
(d) An advance for a novel he's writing.
4. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
(a) The computer.
(b) The television.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) The oven.
5. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
(a) A navy rug from the dining room.
(b) A painting from the den.
(c) A table from the kitchen.
(d) A sofa from the living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Macon and Sarah returning from their vacation?
2. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
3. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
4. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
5. What does he teach the cat to do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)