|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(b) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(c) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(d) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
2. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
(a) He pictures the way she has decorated the rooms.
(b) He pictures her crying over him.
(c) He pictures her with someone else.
(d) He pictures chaos, sneakers in the oven and the sofa heaped with china.
3. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
(b) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
(c) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
(d) Macon should let her know he cares.
4. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
(a) A skirt and t-shirt.
(b) Shorts and a sweater.
(c) A blouse and jeans.
(d) A strapless terry dress.
5. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(b) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(c) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(d) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
2. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
3. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
4. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
5. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)