|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They have both lost their jobs.
(b) They have lost a child.
(c) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
(d) They don't have any other family.
2. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
(a) He pictures her crying over him.
(b) He pictures chaos, sneakers in the oven and the sofa heaped with china.
(c) He pictures the way she has decorated the rooms.
(d) He pictures her with someone else.
3. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(b) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(c) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(d) She is distracted by dogs barking.
4. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
(b) I love you.
(c) Yours Truly.
(d) Take Care.
5. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) She still loves him after all these years.
(b) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(c) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(d) He doesn't love her anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
2. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
3. Where does Macon pull over?
4. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
5. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)