|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that Macon does NOT schedule?
2. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
(b) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(c) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(d) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
3. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
(b) He works three days a week instead of five.
(c) He switches to showering at night.
(d) He switches to eating at restaurants.
4. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(b) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(c) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(d) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
5. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(b) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(c) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(d) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macon's injury?
2. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
3. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
4. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
5. What does he teach the cat to do?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)