|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
(a) Because it is raining heavily.
(b) Because Macon is yelling.
(c) Because a deer runs in front of the car.
(d) Because they are lost.
2. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He switches to eating at restaurants.
(b) He works three days a week instead of five.
(c) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
(d) He switches to showering at night.
3. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
(a) A skimpy dress splashed with flowers and high-heeled sandals.
(b) A prim and formal black suit with loafers.
(c) An ankle-length dress splashed with flowers and flats.
(d) A matching floral shirt and skirt and sandals.
4. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
(a) He pictures her with someone else.
(b) He pictures her crying over him.
(c) He pictures the way she has decorated the rooms.
(d) He pictures chaos, sneakers in the oven and the sofa heaped with china.
5. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
(a) Macon should tell her it's over for good.
(b) Macon should tell her he doesn't love her.
(c) Macon should ask for forgiveness.
(d) Macon should let her know he cares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
2. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
3. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
4. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
5. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)