|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So Rose can take care of him.
(b) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(c) So he can get away from Sarah.
(d) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
2. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(b) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(c) She still loves him after all these years.
(d) He doesn't love her anymore.
3. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He switches to eating at restaurants.
(b) He works three days a week instead of five.
(c) He switches to showering at night.
(d) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
4. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
(a) The computer.
(b) The oven.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) The television.
5. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(b) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(c) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(d) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
2. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
3. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
4. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
5. What does Macon wear to bed?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)