|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
(a) He switches to showering at night.
(b) He switches to eating at restaurants.
(c) He takes an afternoon break on Wednesdays.
(d) He works three days a week instead of five.
2. Where are Macon and Sarah returning from their vacation?
(a) The desert.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The beach.
(d) The lake.
3. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
(a) Because it's his favorite store.
(b) Because Sarah works there.
(c) Because it's the only one open late.
(d) Because he can't face going into the store.
4. How does Macon get injured?
(a) Macon falls down the stairs while carrying groceries.
(b) Edward bites Macon on his leg.
(c) Macon trips over the sidewalk on his way home from the store.
(d) Edward knocks Macon to the ground after the cat spooks him.
5. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They refuse to talk about it.
(b) They are despondent.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They couldn't be happier.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
2. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
3. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
4. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
5. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)