|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They refuse to talk about it.
(b) They couldn't be happier.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They are understanding.
2. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
(b) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
(c) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
(d) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
3. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(b) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(c) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(d) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
4. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
(a) She has to go to the bathroom.
(b) She wants to drive.
(c) She wants to get a blanket from the trunk.
(d) She wants to wait out the storm under an overpass.
5. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is aloof.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is outgoing.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
2. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
3. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
4. What is Macon wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
5. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)