|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
(a) He pictures her crying over him.
(b) He pictures the way she has decorated the rooms.
(c) He pictures her with someone else.
(d) He pictures chaos, sneakers in the oven and the sofa heaped with china.
2. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(b) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(c) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(d) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
3. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(b) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(c) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
(d) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
4. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He doesn't love her anymore.
(b) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
(c) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(d) She still loves him after all these years.
5. What prompts Macon to pull over?
(a) Sarah tells him she is pregnant.
(b) Sarah tells him she wants a divorce.
(c) Macon wants to consult his map.
(d) Sarah needs to go to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Macon and Sarah look like they are on two different trips?
2. Why does Sarah want Macon to pull over?
3. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
4. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
5. Where are Macon and Sarah returning from their vacation?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)