|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(b) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(c) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(d) She is distracted by dogs barking.
2. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
(a) Shorts and a sweater.
(b) A blouse and jeans.
(c) A strapless terry dress.
(d) A skirt and t-shirt.
3. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
(a) Because they are lost.
(b) Because it is raining heavily.
(c) Because Macon is yelling.
(d) Because a deer runs in front of the car.
4. How old is Ethan when he is killed?
5. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) He doesn't love her anymore.
(b) She still loves him after all these years.
(c) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(d) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macon take Edward to after leaving the kennel?
2. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
3. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
4. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
5. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)