|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(b) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(c) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(d) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
2. According to Sarah, why is she and Macon in need of whatever comfort they can find?
(a) They are getting older and need to rely on one another.
(b) They have both lost their jobs.
(c) They don't have any other family.
(d) They have lost a child.
3. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
(a) He swishes them in the tub and hangs them on hangers to dry.
(b) He never washes them.
(c) He washes them in an outside basin.
(d) He gets them dry-cleaned.
4. Where does Macon like to travel?
(a) He doesn't like to travel.
(b) He likes to travel to South America.
(c) He likes to travel within the United States.
(d) He likes to travel to Europe.
5. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
(a) He can no longer board there, as he bit an attendant.
(b) He can no longer board there, as he won't eat when Macon leaves.
(c) He can no longer board there, as they are closing the kennel.
(d) He can no longer board there, as they are boarding cats only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sarah wearing on the drive back from their vacation?
2. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
3. What do Sarah and Macon listen to after Macon pulls over?
4. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
5. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)