|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
(a) He never washes them.
(b) He gets them dry-cleaned.
(c) He washes them in an outside basin.
(d) He swishes them in the tub and hangs them on hangers to dry.
2. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(b) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(c) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(d) She is trying to spare her manicure.
3. What does Sarah tell Macon in the car?
(a) She feels sick and wants him to pull over.
(b) She still loves him after all these years.
(c) He doesn't love her anymore.
(d) He is not a comfort and his little habits are wearisome.
4. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
(a) Because it is raining heavily.
(b) Because a deer runs in front of the car.
(c) Because they are lost.
(d) Because Macon is yelling.
5. What prompts Macon to pull over?
(a) Macon wants to consult his map.
(b) Sarah tells him she is pregnant.
(c) Sarah tells him she wants a divorce.
(d) Sarah needs to go to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
2. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
3. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
4. Where does Macon pull over?
5. How does Macon spend most of his time after Sarah leaves?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)