|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon occupy his time on the plane on his first trip in the novel?
(b) Crossword Puzzles.
(d) Video games.
2. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
(a) He gets them dry-cleaned.
(b) He swishes them in the tub and hangs them on hangers to dry.
(c) He never washes them.
(d) He washes them in an outside basin.
3. What do Macon and Sarah do when Macon pulls over?
(a) Sarah uses the pay phone to call a doctor.
(b) Macon pumps gas while Sarah sits in the car.
(c) They make a plan to see a counselor when they get home.
(d) They don't talk or touch one another.
4. Where does Macon pull over?
(a) A BP station.
(b) A gravel road.
(c) A McDonald's.
(d) A Texaco station.
5. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(b) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(c) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(d) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macon write for?
2. Why does Sarah grip the dashboard?
3. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
4. What is Muriel's dog training specialty?
5. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)