|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Rose and Julian's dinner party, what is significant about the pate recipe?
(a) It is his mother's recipe and reminds Macon to invite her to his wedding.
(b) It is Sarah's recipe and reminds Macon of home.
(c) It is Muriel's recipe and is a sign that the Leary's are accepting her.
(d) It is his grandmother's recipe and reminds Macon of how much he misses her.
2. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
(a) Macon kisses Muriel.
(b) Julian pays a surprise visit.
(c) Edward jumps up on Muriel.
(d) Rose calls out for help.
3. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) A suit and tie.
(b) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
(c) A football uniform.
(d) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
4. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
(a) To offer to train Edward while Macon is away on business.
(b) To ask how Macon is doing since Sarah left.
(c) To invite Macon and Edward over so that she can cook dinner for them and train Edward.
(d) To tell Macon his credit card didn't go through.
5. What does Julian offer Macon at his childhood home?
(a) A dinner out in the city.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) An extension on his manuscript.
(d) A pay increase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
2. Who first greets Macon, Muriel, and Alexander when they arrive for Christmas?
3. What city does Macon visit when Baltimore is covered in ice?
4. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
5. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)