|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Macon's reaction to Sarah's wish regarding their separation?
(a) Macon is upset; he doesn't want to start counseling.
(b) Macon is shocked; he thought they could work things out.
(c) Macon is happy: he wants to start dating again.
(d) Macon is thrilled; he is glad they are getting back together.
2. Why is Sarah surprised when she sees Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Because he's lost so much weight.
(b) Because of the cast on his leg.
(c) Because he's wearing an outfit she doesn't recognize.
(d) Because he looks so tan.
3. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
(b) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(c) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(d) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
4. What sound should Macon make when Edward does something positive?
5. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
(a) Someone is yelling to call off his dog.
(b) Rose is calling to help in the kitchen.
(c) Someone is knocking on the door.
(d) The phone is ringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
2. Where does Macon display flexibility in his schedule?
3. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
4. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
5. What happens at the restaurant Macon goes to in New York?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)