|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the restaurant where Macon and Sarah agree to meet significant?
(a) Because Sarah's father took her when she was a little girl.
(b) Because Macon and Sarah got engaged there.
(c) Because Macon's been going there ever since his grandparents took him as a little boy.
(d) Because Macon and Sarah know the owner well.
2. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
(a) Alexander's cries in the middle of the night that wakes him up.
(b) Alexander's bad behavior and truancy at school.
(c) Alexander's medical bills and the fact that he's not like other kids.
(d) Alexander's constant need for attention and approval.
3. What is the horrible thought Macon has at Rose and Julian's wedding?
(a) That he is attracted to women like his mother.
(b) That he will be asked to give a toast.
(c) That he doesn't want Julian to marry Rose.
(d) That he forgot the ring Julian entrusted him with.
4. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
(a) Because it's his favorite store.
(b) Because it's the only one open late.
(c) Because Sarah works there.
(d) Because he can't face going into the store.
5. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
2. What is Macon's response to his discovery when he goes back to his house after the storm?
3. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
4. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
5. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)