|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
(a) She wonders if he knows her son's name.
(b) She wonders if he will get out of prison one day.
(c) She wonders if he is sorry and wants forgiveness.
(d) She wonders if he knows that he not only killed people in the restaurant, but many others as well.
2. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
(a) A new Disney movie.
(b) To the park.
(c) Shopping for new clothes.
(d) A baseball game.
3. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(b) He is excited about visiting new places.
(c) He can't wait to get away from his family.
(d) He wishes he can travel by train.
4. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
(a) Alexander is born blind.
(b) Alexander is born very prematurely.
(c) Alexander is born with a hole in his heart.
(d) Alexander is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.
5. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(b) They don't know Sarah has left him.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They begin to call him day and night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
2. What does Mrs. Dugan tell Macon about Muriel's past?
3. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
4. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
5. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)