|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah wonder about regarding Macon at the restaurant?
(a) Why Macon won't stop calling her.
(b) Why Macon hasn't called her for help.
(c) Why Macon chose this restaurant.
(d) Why Macon can't finish his meal.
2. Why does Muriel leave messages for Macon all over the house?
(a) Because their schedules conflict, and it's the easiest way to communicate.
(b) Because she wants to go to France with Macon, and he says they can't afford it.
(c) Because Alexander asks her to, so that Macon won't leave them.
(d) Because Macon keeps forgetting things, and she wants to remind him.
3. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Talking to people they don't know well.
(b) Cleaning up after themselves.
(c) Spending within their budget.
(d) Finding their way around while driving.
4. What story does Muriel tell Macon about her hair?
(a) She shaved it off when she was sixteen to make her mother mad.
(b) It used to be straight and her mother cut it for her.
(c) Her hair is naturally red but she thinks red hair is trashy and has it dyed.
(d) It was blonde when she was younger and her mother entered her into talent competitions until it got dark.
5. What does Macon do after Sarah has left the restaurant?
(a) Macon pays for the bill and meets Sarah at her place.
(b) Macon finishes his dinner and calls Rose to pick him up.
(c) Macon asks the waiter to box his leftovers and drives home.
(d) Macon waits for Sarah to return with the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Dugan preoccupied?
2. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
3. What is Macon's reaction to Sarah's wish regarding their separation?
4. How does Macon feel about his burgeoning relationship with Muriel?
5. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)