|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the restaurant where Macon and Sarah agree to meet significant?
(a) Because Sarah's father took her when she was a little girl.
(b) Because Macon and Sarah got engaged there.
(c) Because Macon's been going there ever since his grandparents took him as a little boy.
(d) Because Macon and Sarah know the owner well.
2. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So Rose can take care of him.
(b) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(c) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(d) So he can get away from Sarah.
3. Who does Macon write for?
(a) People who are afraid to fly.
(b) People who travel on business and are not interested in sightseeing.
(c) People who travel to remote and exotic locations.
(d) People who are looking for jobs overseas.
4. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(b) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
(c) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(d) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
5. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(b) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(c) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(d) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian show Macon that he's going to give to Rose?
2. What is unsettling to Macon about Muriel?
3. What gift does Macon bring for Muriel's parents?
4. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
5. According to Grandfather Leary, who is the best Leary?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)