|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(b) So Rose can take care of him.
(c) So he can get away from Sarah.
(d) So he can get away from construction at his home.
2. How does Macon feel about writing the next series?
(a) He can't wait to get away from his family.
(b) He is excited about visiting new places.
(c) He is not looking forward to all those hotels and restaurants.
(d) He wishes he can travel by train.
3. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
(b) I love you.
(c) Yours Truly.
(d) Take Care.
4. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(b) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
(c) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(d) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
5. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
(a) Their mother is afraid to fly.
(b) They are met at the Baltimore airport by their grandparents.
(c) Their mother dies in a car accident.
(d) Their mother loses all her savings after the stock market crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
2. At his childhood home, what does Macon give Julian that Julian has NOT asked for?
3. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
4. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
5. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)