|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
(a) Edward belonged to Ethan.
(b) Macon wants his company.
(c) Edward belongs to Sarah.
(d) Edward is a good watchdog.
2. What is Macon's injury?
(a) A fractured wrist.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A fractured ankle.
3. According to Macon, what is a huge waste of energy?
(a) The computer.
(b) The oven.
(c) The television.
(d) The dishwasher.
4. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
(a) Rose is calling to help in the kitchen.
(b) Someone is knocking on the door.
(c) The phone is ringing.
(d) Someone is yelling to call off his dog.
5. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(b) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(c) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(d) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
2. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
3. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
4. What does Macon agree to regarding Edward?
5. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)