|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
(a) Working on his book.
(b) Researching his next trip.
(c) Organizing the household.
(d) Watching TV.
2. What does he teach the cat to do?
(a) Retrieve his pens.
(b) Stand on its hind legs.
(c) Go in and out of the windowpane.
(d) Open the bathroom door.
3. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
(a) Someone is knocking on the door.
(b) The phone is ringing.
(c) Rose is calling to help in the kitchen.
(d) Someone is yelling to call off his dog.
4. What does Edward do when Julian tries to leave?
(a) Edward runs back and forth from Macon to Julian, wagging his tail.
(b) Edward barks at Julian and bites Macon when Macon grabs his leash.
(c) Edward blocks the door and when Julian grabs his leash, Edward snarls and nips his hand.
(d) Edward jumps on Julian and licks his face.
5. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
2. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
3. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
4. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
5. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)