|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian realize about Macon when he sees him at his childhood home?
(a) Macon is recovering from his broken leg and not because Sarah has left him.
(b) Macon is not at home because of all the construction.
(c) Macon is looking for a new place to live.
(d) Macon is not at home because Sarah has left him.
2. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
(a) Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers.
(b) A suit and tie.
(c) A football uniform.
(d) A black turtleneck, black pants, and sandals.
3. At Macon's childhood home, why is his typing interrupted?
(a) The phone is ringing.
(b) Someone is yelling to call off his dog.
(c) Someone is knocking on the door.
(d) Rose is calling to help in the kitchen.
4. When Julian calls, what does Macon negotiate for?
(a) A one month vacation.
(b) An advance for a novel he's writing.
(c) A pay increase for his next book.
(d) A two week extension on his manuscript.
5. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
2. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
3. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
4. What does Macon feel after thinking of Sarah in her apartment?
5. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)