|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(b) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(c) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(d) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
2. What is Muriel wearing when Macon picks up Edward?
(a) A matching floral shirt and skirt and sandals.
(b) A skimpy dress splashed with flowers and high-heeled sandals.
(c) A prim and formal black suit with loafers.
(d) An ankle-length dress splashed with flowers and flats.
3. Why has Julian tracked Macon down at his childhood home?
(a) Julian went to his house and found it empty.
(b) Julian wants to invite him to dinner.
(c) Julian has his paycheck.
(d) Julian is angry because Macon has missed a deadline.
4. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They couldn't be happier.
(b) They are despondent.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They refuse to talk about it.
5. What is Macon's system of washing dishes?
(a) He washes each one and dries them on white towels.
(b) He adds them to the dishwasher with all of them facing the same way.
(c) He adds each dirty dish to the kitchen sink with bleach and on alternate days, sprays everything with hot water.
(d) He uses laundry detergent and lemon to wash them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Muriel call Macon after he's picked up Edward from Meow-Bow?
2. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
3. What is Macon wearing when he first meets Sarah?
4. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
5. How does Macon spend his time after returning from his trip?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)