|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is aloof.
(d) He is outgoing.
2. How do Macon and Sarah meet?
(a) At a play.
(b) At church.
(c) At a party.
(d) At school.
3. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
(b) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(c) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(d) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
4. Why does Macon call the small, expensive grocery store?
(a) Because it's the only one open late.
(b) Because he can't face going into the store.
(c) Because Sarah works there.
(d) Because it's his favorite store.
5. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(b) They begin to call him day and night.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They don't know Sarah has left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
2. How does Sarah sign her letters to Macon?
3. According to Julian, what will the next series be about?
4. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
5. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)