|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do his neighbors react to the news that Sarah has left?
(a) They begin to call him day and night.
(b) They invite him to potluck dinners.
(c) They ignore him when he waves hello.
(d) They don't know Sarah has left him.
2. What does Macon daydream about when Sarah calls?
(a) He daydreams about going over to her aparment and asking her to come back.
(b) He daydreams about the two of them sipping sherry and talking about how much they miss one another.
(c) He daydreams about their first trip to Paris.
(d) He daydreams about having a romantic candlelit dinner with her.
3. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
4. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(b) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(c) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
(d) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
5. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
(b) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(c) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(d) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
2. What does Macon do with his dirty clothes?
3. What is the main reason Macon keeps Edward?
4. When Macon thinks of Sarah in her apartment, what does he imagine?
5. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)