|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macon feel inadequate with Muriel?
(a) Because she makes it so easy to control Edward and he has no control over him.
(b) Because he never finished school and she has a graduate degree.
(c) Because he is intimidated by her good looks.
(d) Because she is unfriendly and mean.
2. According to Muriel, why is her sister the favorite?
(a) Her sister is a terrific athelete.
(b) Her sister's hair stayed blonde.
(c) Her sister always got better grades.
(d) Her sister is the oldest.
3. What does Edward do when Muriel arrives for Edward's first lesson?
(a) He lies down next to her.
(b) He barks at her.
(c) He bites her.
(d) He jumps on her.
4. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
(a) Because Muriel flirts with Julian and makes him uncomfortable.
(b) Because Macon misses meals and doesn't come home at night.
(c) Because Muriel told her that she wants to marry Macon for his money.
(d) Because Macon's attitude has changed and he's a different person.
5. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
(a) That Macon should remarry and move to Lassaque.
(b) That Macon is on the right path to salvation.
(c) That Macon is his favorite grandson.
(d) That Macon has lost his center and Sarah is that center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macon teach Alexander to do?
2. What does Edward do each time Muriel leaves after training?
3. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
4. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
5. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)