|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
(a) Macon tells them to mind their own business.
(b) Macon asks them to fix the house up while they are gone.
(c) Macon rejects offers of help to bring a casserole or mow the lawn.
(d) Macon accepts their help to cook and clean for them.
2. Why is Charles locked in the pantry when Macon can't reach Sarah in New York?
(a) Charles accidently locked himself in while getting a can of soup.
(b) Rose locked Charles in after a big fight.
(c) Charles locked himself in after an argument with Porter.
(d) Edward attacked him and Charles thought it was the safest place.
3. What is one thing the Leary's are NOT good at?
(a) Spending within their budget.
(b) Talking to people they don't know well.
(c) Finding their way around while driving.
(d) Cleaning up after themselves.
4. On his first trip in the novel, what does Macon do once he has arrived at his destination?
(a) Macon has an expensive lunch, and visits an old friend.
(b) Macon rents a car and drives to the coast.
(c) Macon tries breakfast at three different stops, visits hotels in the afternoon.
(d) Macon checks in at his hotel and goes sightseeing.
5. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
(a) Macon thinks Muriel is upset about him not training Edward and Muriel doesn't care.
(b) Muriel thinks Macon isn't training Edward and Macon is training him.
(c) Muriel thinks Macon is upset that she has a kid and Macon doesn't like what she's doing with Edward.
(d) Muriel doesn't think Macon wants her to bring her kid to training and Macon wants her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rose irritated with Macon after he begins seeing Muriel?
2. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
3. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
4. What does Sarah want to pick up at the house?
5. What does Sarah wonder about the man who shot their son?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)