|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macon stay at his childhood home after his injury?
(a) So he can get away from Sarah.
(b) So he doesn't have to deal with his neighbors.
(c) So he can get away from construction at his home.
(d) So Rose can take care of him.
2. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
(b) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(c) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(d) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
3. What sound should Macon make when Edward does something positive?
4. Where does Macon travel to on his first trip in the novel?
5. Why does Muriel have trouble running the credit card through the embossing machine?
(a) She is trying to spare her manicure.
(b) She is distracted by dogs barking.
(c) Macon's credit card is worn from use.
(d) It is a new machine, and she hasn't learned how to use it yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
2. What does Macon do when he wakes up from his dream about Grandfather Leary?
3. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
4. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
5. What advice does Garner give to Macon regarding Sarah?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)