|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's significant about the country Grandfather Leary says he's sailing to?
(a) It doesn't exist.
(b) It is war-torn.
(c) It is his birth country.
(d) It is remote.
2. What is Julian planning to do for Christmas?
(a) Julian is planning to propose marriage to Rose.
(b) Julian is planning on taking Rose to Paris.
(c) Julian is planning to spend Christmas with his family.
(d) Julian has no plans for Christmas.
3. How does Macon respond to Charles being locked in the pantry?
(a) He convinces Rose to let Charles out.
(b) He convinces Porter to apologize to Charles.
(c) He tells Charles he will be home soon to get him out.
(d) He calls Muriel to come over and calm Edward.
4. What does Macon do while waiting for a flight back home from his first trip in the novel?
(a) Macon takes a tour of the city.
(b) Macon eats at a famous cafe.
(c) Macon watches TV and eats nonperishable groceries in his room.
(d) Macon goes shopping and skips dinner.
5. Why is Charles locked in the pantry when Macon can't reach Sarah in New York?
(a) Charles accidently locked himself in while getting a can of soup.
(b) Edward attacked him and Charles thought it was the safest place.
(c) Charles locked himself in after an argument with Porter.
(d) Rose locked Charles in after a big fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muriel give Macon for Edward?
2. What is the misunderstanding between Macon and Muriel?
3. What do the people at the kennel where Edward usually boards tell Macon?
4. What does Grandfather Leary tell Macon in his dream?
5. Why is Muriel not at work when Macon calls?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)