|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macon feel about Muriel's question while on their training expedition with Edward?
(a) Macon's unsure having dinner with her and Alexander is the right thing to do and puts her off.
(b) Macon agrees that getting a dog is a good idea.
(c) Macon is pleased that Muriel trusts him and wants to go away with her.
(d) Macon is disappointed that she is breaking up with him.
2. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(b) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
(c) She has been married several times.
(d) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
3. How do the Leary children react to the news that they are not going to be world travelers?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They refuse to talk about it.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They couldn't be happier.
4. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
(a) Alexander is born with a hole in his heart.
(b) Alexander is born blind.
(c) Alexander is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.
(d) Alexander is born very prematurely.
5. Where does Macon take Alexander to while Muriel is at work?
(a) A new Disney movie.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) Shopping for new clothes.
(d) To the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
2. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
3. Where does Macon and his niece, Susan, travel to?
4. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
5. According to Garner, who else has been looking for Macon?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)