|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their training expedition with Edward, what does Muriel ask Macon?
(a) To get another dog so that Edward won't be so lonely.
(b) To take a trip to Florida with her and Alexander.
(c) To stop calling her as she no longer wants to see him.
(d) To come to dinner because it would be good for Alexander to spend time around a man.
2. According to Macon, what is unusual about Rose's life?
(a) She lives all by herself, and has never had a partner.
(b) She has traveled all over the world, and has never lived in one place for long.
(c) She has been married several times.
(d) She is not married or employed and takes care of her brothers.
3. How do the Leary children find out they are not going to be world travelers, like their mother said?
(a) They are met at the Baltimore airport by their grandparents.
(b) Their mother dies in a car accident.
(c) Their mother loses all her savings after the stock market crash.
(d) Their mother is afraid to fly.
4. According to Muriel, what can't Norman handle regarding Alexander?
(a) Alexander's cries in the middle of the night that wakes him up.
(b) Alexander's medical bills and the fact that he's not like other kids.
(c) Alexander's bad behavior and truancy at school.
(d) Alexander's constant need for attention and approval.
5. What is the reason Muriel marries and divorces her husband, Norman?
(a) Muriel and Norman's baby.
(b) Muriel's parents.
(c) Norman's money.
(d) Muriel's first husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Macon, what does his mother treat like a religion?
2. Who does Macon run into while out with Alexander?
3. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
4. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
5. Who is brave enough to try Rose's turkey at Thanksgiving?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)