|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Garner Bolt visit Macon?
(a) A tree fell on Macon's roof, and Garner comes over to help.
(b) Garner wants to inform Macon about a string of break-ins.
(c) Garner's wife sent him over to check on Macon after neighbors saw newspapers and mail piling up.
(d) The neighbors hear strange noises and send Garner over to check on him.
2. What is Rose giving Julian for Christmas?
(b) A sweater she is knitting.
(c) A set of golf clubs.
(d) A book about Churchill.
3. According to Garner, what is the perception people have of Macon?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is outgoing.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is aloof.
4. Who raises Macon and his siblings after their father dies in the war?
(a) Their step-father.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their grandparents.
5. What is the dilemma the Leary's face about Thanksgiving?
(a) Who to invite, since they don't like one another's friends.
(b) No one likes turkey but they feel compelled by tradition to have it.
(c) Where to have Thanksgiving, at the house or in the city.
(d) They don't want to have a big dinner since it's just the four of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian invite Macon and Muriel to?
2. When Macon leaves Baltimore, the city is covered in ice. What is the weather like when Macon returns home ?
3. According to Garner, how does Macon react to the neighbors' offers of help after Edward dies?
4. What surprises Macon and Muriel as they are talking about her son and ex-husband?
5. What happens to Muriel and Norman's son, Alexander, when he's born?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)