* Macon and Sarah are driving back from the beach after cutting their week's vacation short.
* Macon is pale and wearing a formal summer suit. Sarah is tan and wearing a strapless terry dress.
* It starts to rain heavily, but Macon doesn't alter his driving style.
* Sarah wants to wait out the storm, and grips the dashboard in fear.
* Sarah tells Macon that he is not a comfort and that his little habits are wearisome and depressing to her.
* They have lost a child and have struggled over the past year.
* Sarah tells Macon that she wants a divorce and can no longer live with him.
* Sarah's announcement gets Macon's attention, and he pulls into a Texaco station where they sit in silence and listen to the rain.
* Sarah has found an apartment, leaving Macon with the house and all his bizarre habits.
* Macon is happy with...
This section contains 3,670 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)