Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he is in the beginning of Dr. Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Maniac do into the phone and pretend it's Bertozzo?
4. What does the Maniac practice after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
2. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
3. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
4. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
6. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
7. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
9. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
10. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of political theater as an instrument to induce change. How has Accidental Death of an Anarchist been used in this way? Where have productions been reproduced for this effect?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the character of the Maniac with that of the police officers. How is he different? What similarities do they have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Actions and Objectives in Act 2 between the Maniac and the police officers. What does each want? How do they go about achieving their objectives?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)