|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
2. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
5. How long does the Maniac profess to having studied Law?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
2. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
3. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
7. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
9. What is described differently in the "second report?"
10. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Class Oppression" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Where is this topic presented and argued? By whom?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Actions and Objectives in Act 2 between the Maniac and the police officers. What does each want? How do they go about achieving their objectives?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)