|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Superintendent claim he and Sports Jacket were when the Anarchist jumped out the window?
2. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
4. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "Yes, your honor, they had just left the room when he jumped out"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
2. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
3. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
4. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
6. What is described differently in the "second report?"
7. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
9. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
10. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Maniac as the role of the Raisonneur and the Trickster character. What do these terms mean? How do they apply to the Maniac? Give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relation of Accidental Death of an Anarchist to the real-life trial of Giuseppe Pinelli and his subsequent death. What characters are reflective of actual people in this public scandal? How does Fo use this as a backdrop for the themes he presents?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the style of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define different stylistic elements of the play discussed in class.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)