|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Maniac suggest he might know the Superintendent from?
2. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
3. Where does the Maniac learn there will be a judge arriving from?
4. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the armed robbery citation say was robbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
2. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
3. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
4. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
5. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
6. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
7. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
8. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
9. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
10. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of the Maniac and the Journalist. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the examples of their opposing stances on themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Class Oppression" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Where is this topic presented and argued? By whom?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Maniac as the role of the Raisonneur and the Trickster character. What do these terms mean? How do they apply to the Maniac? Give examples in your discussion.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)