|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
4. Who does the Superintendent initially mistake the Maniac for?
5. Who says, "They almost went along with it; they were desperate. The smallest pretext is sufficient when one is desperate?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
2. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
3. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
5. What is the phone call regarding which the Maniac takes in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
7. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
8. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
9. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
10. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Fo's use of Irony in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play? Who employs them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot structure of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define and give examples of the terms action, rising action, climax, and falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Truth and Lies" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who is the voice of this theme?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)