|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The anarchist did not seem affected by the accusation, but smiled in disbelief." Who made this statement?
2. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone that Bertozzo is doing?
3. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. What had the Anarchist been accused of bombing?
5. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
4. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
7. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
8. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
9. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
10. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Fear and Submission." What does this mean? How does Fo implement this theme in the play? Give examples in the text which reflect this theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)