|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac suggest to the Superintendent regarding Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How long does the Maniac profess to having studied Law?
3. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What time did the anarchist jump from the window?
5. Where does the Superintendent claim he and Sports Jacket were when the Anarchist jumped out the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
2. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
3. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
4. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
5. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
6. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
7. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
9. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
10. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of political theater as an instrument to induce change. How has Accidental Death of an Anarchist been used in this way? Where have productions been reproduced for this effect?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Fear and Submission." What does this mean? How does Fo implement this theme in the play? Give examples in the text which reflect this theme.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)