|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Maniac pretend to be while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the Maniac threaten to do if he's not allowed to stay?
3. What profession is, to the Maniac, the most noble?
4. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What time did the anarchist jump from the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
3. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
5. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
6. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
7. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
8. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
9. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
10. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the style of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define different stylistic elements of the play discussed in class.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Maniac as the role of the Raisonneur and the Trickster character. What do these terms mean? How do they apply to the Maniac? Give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of the Maniac and the Journalist. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the examples of their opposing stances on themes of the play?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)