|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
2. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Maniac do into the phone and pretend it's Bertozzo?
4. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who says, "Yes, your honor, they had just left the room when he jumped out"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
2. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
3. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
4. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
5. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
6. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
8. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
9. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relation of Accidental Death of an Anarchist to the real-life trial of Giuseppe Pinelli and his subsequent death. What characters are reflective of actual people in this public scandal? How does Fo use this as a backdrop for the themes he presents?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of the Maniac and the Journalist. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the examples of their opposing stances on themes of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Truth and Lies" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who is the voice of this theme?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)