|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The anarchist did not seem affected by the accusation, but smiled in disbelief." Who made this statement?
2. What had the Anarchist been accused of bombing?
3. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
4. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
5. What is Bertozzo late for after speaking with the Maniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
2. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
3. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
5. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
6. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
7. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
9. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
10. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the use of imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor and give examples of each from the text. What is the purpose of imagery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define different stylistic elements of the play discussed in class.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Brechtian elements of the play, particularly that of the Alienation Effect. Where is this technique employed? What effect does it have? Why did Fo choose to use it?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)