|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
2. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
3. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
4. In whose office does the play open?
5. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
2. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
3. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
4. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
5. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
6. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
7. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
8. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
9. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fo's use of Irony in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play? Who employs them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Fear and Submission." What does this mean? How does Fo implement this theme in the play? Give examples in the text which reflect this theme.
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)