|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Maniac learn there will be a judge arriving from?
2. What took place previously in the room that Act 1, Scene 2 is set in?
3. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
2. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
3. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
4. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
5. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
6. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
7. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What is described differently in the "second report?"
9. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Class Oppression" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Where is this topic presented and argued? By whom?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot structure of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define and give examples of the terms action, rising action, climax, and falling action in your discussion.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)