|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Maniac being charged with in Act 1?
2. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
3. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
4. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
5. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
2. What is the phone call regarding which the Maniac takes in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
4. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
5. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
8. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
9. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
10. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Class Oppression" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Where is this topic presented and argued? By whom?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)