|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
2. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In whose office does the play open?
4. What does the Maniac insist that the Superintendent and the others did with the anarchist to cheer him up?
5. What time did the anarchist jump from the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
2. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
3. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
4. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone about his message in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
6. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
8. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
10. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of political theater as an instrument to induce change. How has Accidental Death of an Anarchist been used in this way? Where have productions been reproduced for this effect?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relation of Accidental Death of an Anarchist to the real-life trial of Giuseppe Pinelli and his subsequent death. What characters are reflective of actual people in this public scandal? How does Fo use this as a backdrop for the themes he presents?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the style of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define different stylistic elements of the play discussed in class.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)