|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnessed the fall of the anarchist?
2. Where do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket say they got the news that the anarchist dancer had confessed?
3. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket ask of the Maniac in Act 1, Scene 2 once they've been told they'll be prosecuted?
4. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
5. Who does the Superintendent initially mistake the Maniac for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
2. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
3. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
4. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
5. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
6. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
7. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
8. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
9. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
10. What is the phone call regarding which the Maniac takes in Act 1, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Truth and Lies" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who is the voice of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Brechtian elements of the play, particularly that of the Alienation Effect. Where is this technique employed? What effect does it have? Why did Fo choose to use it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the use of imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor and give examples of each from the text. What is the purpose of imagery?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)