|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dynamite attacks does the reporter say have taken place until today?
2. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
(a) Never apologize.
(b) Never contradict.
(c) Never say yes.
(d) Always smile.
3. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A gun.
(c) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
(d) A slingshot.
4. Which character says, "You know why as well as I do, Inspector. That way, the 'signature of the murderers was destroyed along with the bomb?"
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Journalist.
5. Who was one of the infiltrators in the Anarchists' circle?
(a) A well-known Roman fascist.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, in Act 2, "I swear to you, I know that guy. He's never been in the police; he's wearing a disguise"?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
3. According to the reporter, who used a curious term when he was making his concluding remarks?
4. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
5. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
2. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
3. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
4. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
5. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
6. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
7. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
8. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
9. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
10. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)