|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
2. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
(a) A galosh.
(b) A moccasin.
(c) A cowboy boot.
(d) A rollerblade.
3. According to the reporter, who used a curious term when he was making his concluding remarks?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The Prosecutor.
(d) The Anarchist.
4. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
(a) Gathering intelligence.
(b) Scaring the public.
5. What does the Maniac suggest as the reason why it wasn't cold at midnight in December?
(a) There was global warming.
(b) There was love in the air.
(c) The sun hadn't gone down.
(d) There was a fire in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the letter from which the reporter produces speaking of Sports Jacket?
2. Who, according to the reporter, did the Roman judge hold mainly responsible for organizing and fomenting the attack?
3. Who tears up the President's portrait?
4. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
5. When does the Maniac say that the raptus comes in the story in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
2. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
3. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
4. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
5. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
6. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
7. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
9. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
10. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)