|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the journalist who arrives in Act 2?
(a) Maria Linguini.
(b) Maria Feletti.
(c) Maria Roloni.
(d) Sophia Faroni.
2. What does the Superintendent say they were all doing just before midnight?
(a) Kidding around.
(b) Belittling the guard.
(c) Hanging the anarchist.
(d) Kicking each other.
3. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
4. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
(b) The Killer.
(c) Window Straddler.
(d) Iron Fists.
5. Where does the phrase "headquarters had no head, 'cause the head man was in bed" come from, according to the Maniac?
(a) The Johnny Carson Show.
(b) A sit-com.
(c) An old vaudeville routine.
(d) A nursery rhyme.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, in Act 2, "I swear to you, I know that guy. He's never been in the police; he's wearing a disguise"?
2. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
3. Who says, "When he's in the right mood, you should see the side-splitting interrogations he does . . . ha, ha, ha, you could die laughing!"
4. What are the Maniac, the Superintendent, and Sports Jacket doing when Act 2 begins?
5. What kind of false hand does the Maniac take out to replace his once it falls off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
2. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
3. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
4. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
5. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
6. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
7. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
8. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
9. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
10. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)