|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Jesuit dialectics.
(b) Sarcastic wordplay.
(c) Intentional suicide.
(d) Rhetorical response.
2. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
(a) In the courtyard.
(b) In the audience.
(c) In the trees.
(d) In the sewers.
3. What are the Maniac, the Superintendent, and Sports Jacket doing when Act 2 begins?
4. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A gun.
5. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
(a) To commit forgery.
(b) To make fun of the police.
(c) To get laughing interrogations.
(d) To wreck their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the reporter heard of this "nickname" for the investigator in Act 2?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
3. Who says, "When he's in the right mood, you should see the side-splitting interrogations he does . . . ha, ha, ha, you could die laughing!"
4. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
5. Where does the Maniac reassure everyone he's from, while taking the box from Bertozzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
2. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
3. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
5. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
6. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
7. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
8. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
9. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
10. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)