|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Do people demand a really just system? Well, we'll arrange it so that they'll be satisfied with one that's a little less unjust?"
(a) The Reporter.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Constable.
(d) The Maniac.
2. What is the term which refers to the Superintendent's referral to the fact that they're on a stage?
(a) Alienation effect.
(c) Romantic theater.
3. Who was one of the infiltrators in the Anarchists' circle?
(a) A well-known Roman fascist.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Maniac.
4. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The fourth floor office.
(d) The second floor office.
5. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Jesuit dialectics.
(b) Intentional suicide.
(c) Rhetorical response.
(d) Sarcastic wordplay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he has, thus to be careful slapping him on the back?
2. Who says, in Act 2, "I swear to you, I know that guy. He's never been in the police; he's wearing a disguise"?
3. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
4. What does the Maniac say about Bertozzo's ability with weaponry?
5. When does the reporter have to turn in her article?
Short Essay Questions
1. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
2. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
3. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
4. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
5. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
6. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
7. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
8. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
9. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
10. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)