|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertozzo rip off the Maniac in Act 2?
(a) His false hand.
(b) His glove.
(c) His eye patch.
(d) His nose.
2. What is the term which refers to the Superintendent's referral to the fact that they're on a stage?
(b) Alienation effect.
(d) Romantic theater.
3. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Superintendent.
4. How many shoes are in the equation in Act 2?
5. What does the Maniac wear in disguise when meeting the reporter?
(a) A mask.
(b) A bunny hat.
(c) A fake nose.
(d) An eye patch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Superintendent say they were all doing just before midnight?
2. What does the Maniac suggest as the reason why it wasn't cold at midnight in December?
3. What piece of evidence does the Maniac say proves that the officer tried to save the Anarchist?
4. Who says, regarding the journalist, "Don't you understand yet that I'm in the same boat with you guys? People like her you have to try to get on your side, not against you?"
5. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
3. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
4. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
5. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
6. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
7. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
8. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
9. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
10. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)