|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Maniac.
2. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
(a) A moccasin.
(b) A galosh.
(c) A cowboy boot.
(d) A rollerblade.
3. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
(a) They were associated with the bombing.
(b) They were rich.
(c) They were elderly and in poor health.
(d) They were known criminals.
4. What does the reporter remark upon when meeting Sports Jacket?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His grip.
(c) His hair.
(d) His skin.
5. Where does Bertozzo say he knows the forensics expert from?
(a) Their wives.'
(b) Grade School.
(c) High School.
(d) The Police Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Maniac say decided to change the police motto in Rome?
2. What does the Maniac suggest as the reason why it wasn't cold at midnight in December?
3. When, according to the reporter, did the phone call to the ambulance take place?
4. According to the reporter, who used a curious term when he was making his concluding remarks?
5. What does Bertozzo rip off the Maniac in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
2. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
3. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
4. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
5. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
6. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
7. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
8. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
9. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
10. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)