|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slips and falls on the marble in front of the reporter?
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Maniac.
2. The Maniac asks when examining the Anarchist's jump who in the room acted as his what?
3. Who, according to the reporter, did the Roman judge hold mainly responsible for organizing and fomenting the attack?
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Roman fascist.
(c) The trailblazer.
(d) The police spy.
4. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
(a) In the audience.
(b) In the trees.
(c) In the courtyard.
(d) In the sewers.
5. Which character says, "If they had every member of that little pilgrim band under total and continuous surveillance, how come the band was able to organize such a complicated attack, without your coming in to stop them?"
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) Sports Jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the letter from which the reporter produces speaking of Sports Jacket?
2. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
3. What happens when Sports Jacket shakes the Maniac's hand after explaining the bomb scenario?
4. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
5. What does Bertozzo rip off the Maniac in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
2. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
3. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
4. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
5. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
6. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
7. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
8. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
9. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
10. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)