|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
(b) Gathering intelligence.
(d) Scaring the public.
2. Which character says, "You know why as well as I do, Inspector. That way, the 'signature of the murderers was destroyed along with the bomb?"
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Journalist.
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) The second floor office.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The fourth floor office.
(d) The lobby.
4. According to the reporter, who used a curious term when he was making his concluding remarks?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) The Anarchist.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Prosecutor.
5. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
(a) A cowboy boot.
(b) A rollerblade.
(c) A moccasin.
(d) A galosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertozzo admit it seems the "real bomb" was probably made by?
2. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
3. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
4. Who says, regarding the journalist, "Don't you understand yet that I'm in the same boat with you guys? People like her you have to try to get on your side, not against you?"
5. Who says to the reporter that being ahead of time is "all important" for the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
2. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
3. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
4. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
5. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
6. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
7. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
8. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
9. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
10. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)