|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertozzo admit it seems the "real bomb" was probably made by?
(a) Military professionals.
(d) Railroad workers.
2. What does the journalist ask if she may use during the interview?
(a) A lie detector.
(b) A video camera.
(c) An alibi.
(d) A tape recorder.
3. What does the reporter say that they've got down to the game of in Act 2?
(a) Class privelege.
(b) The mafia.
(c) Liars and thieves.
(d) Family favors.
4. How many people does the Superintendent say were in the room around midnight?
5. What does the Maniac say they have changed the police motto to?
(a) "The police is at the service of the citizens."
(b) "The policeman's work is never done."
(c) "The police is at the service of the citizens, to entertain them!"
(d) "The last day is coming. Run and hide!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
2. What are the Maniac, the Superintendent, and Sports Jacket doing when Act 2 begins?
3. Who was one of the infiltrators in the Anarchists' circle?
4. Where did the Maniac witness the "laughter interrogations" while staying in a hotel near police headquarters?
5. Which character says to the Maniac in Act 2, "Please. Your eminence; I flunked Latin three times!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
2. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
3. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
4. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
5. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
6. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
7. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
8. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
9. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
10. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)