|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the reporter heard of this "nickname" for the investigator in Act 2?
(a) A jury.
(b) A judge.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Another anarchist.
2. What are the Maniac, the Superintendent, and Sports Jacket doing when Act 2 begins?
3. Where does the phrase "headquarters had no head, 'cause the head man was in bed" come from, according to the Maniac?
(a) A sit-com.
(b) The Johnny Carson Show.
(c) A nursery rhyme.
(d) An old vaudeville routine.
4. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
(b) Western Democracy.
(c) Eastern Philosophy.
5. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
(a) Always smile.
(b) Never contradict.
(c) Never apologize.
(d) Never say yes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slips and falls on the marble in front of the reporter?
2. What does Bertozzo admit it seems the "real bomb" was probably made by?
3. Who, according to the reporter, did the Roman judge hold mainly responsible for organizing and fomenting the attack?
4. When, according to the reporter, did the phone call to the ambulance take place?
5. What does the report say which disputes the statement that the officer grabbed the Anarchist as he fell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
2. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
3. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
4. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
5. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
6. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
7. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
8. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
9. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
10. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)