|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When, according to the reporter, did the phone call to the ambulance take place?
(a) Two minutes before 12.
(b) Three minutes after 12.
(c) Two minutes after 12.
2. What instinctive gesture did the Anarchist not do when falling to his death?
(a) Cover his head.
(b) Put his hands forward.
3. Which character says to the Maniac in Act 2, "Please. Your eminence; I flunked Latin three times!"?
(a) The Superintendent.
(c) The reporter.
(d) The Constable.
4. Where does the Maniac reassure everyone he's from, while taking the box from Bertozzo?
(a) The Headquarters of Headquarters.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Scientific Division
5. What does Bertozzo admit it seems the "real bomb" was probably made by?
(c) Railroad workers.
(d) Military professionals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
2. What does the Maniac wear in disguise when meeting the reporter?
3. Who does the Maniac say decided to change the police motto in Rome?
4. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
5. What does the Maniac say they have changed the police motto to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
2. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
3. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
4. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
5. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
6. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
7. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
8. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
9. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
10. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)