|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instinctive gesture did the Anarchist not do when falling to his death?
(a) Cover his head.
(d) Put his hands forward.
2. What is the name of the journalist who arrives in Act 2?
(a) Sophia Faroni.
(b) Maria Feletti.
(c) Maria Roloni.
(d) Maria Linguini.
3. Who does the Maniac say decided to change the police motto in Rome?
(a) Ministry of the Interior.
(b) The President.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Police Headquarters.
4. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
(a) Gathering intelligence.
(c) Scaring the public.
5. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) A gun.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
(d) A slingshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
2. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
3. Who says to the reporter that being ahead of time is "all important" for the police?
4. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
5. The common consensus in the beginning of Act 2 is that the Anarchist felt what at 8pm?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)