|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dynamite attacks does the reporter say have taken place until today?
2. What does the Maniac do to hide the fact that he's feeding the inspector lines in front of the reporter?
(c) Shuffles papers.
3. The Maniac asks when examining the Anarchist's jump who in the room acted as his what?
4. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) A gun.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
5. When does the Maniac say that the raptus comes in the story in Act 2?
(a) At 8 p.m.
(b) Near midnight.
(c) At 6 a.m.
(d) At 7 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
2. Who does Bertozzo say that he knows, when meeting the Maniac with the reporter?
3. Who says, in Act 2, "I swear to you, I know that guy. He's never been in the police; he's wearing a disguise"?
4. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
5. What, according to the reports, was the Anarchist's death ruled as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
3. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
4. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
5. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
6. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
7. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
8. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
9. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
10. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)