|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
(a) Never contradict.
(b) Never say yes.
(c) Never apologize.
(d) Always smile.
2. What does the Maniac wear in disguise when meeting the reporter?
(a) A bunny hat.
(b) A fake nose.
(c) An eye patch.
(d) A mask.
3. How many people does the Superintendent say were in the room around midnight?
4. What was found at the base of the Anarchist's neck?
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) A stab wound.
5. Which character says to the Maniac in Act 2, "Please. Your eminence; I flunked Latin three times!"?
(a) The Constable.
(b) The reporter.
(c) The Superintendent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slips and falls on the marble in front of the reporter?
2. How many shoes are in the equation in Act 2?
3. Where does the Maniac reassure everyone he's from, while taking the box from Bertozzo?
4. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
5. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
2. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
3. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
4. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
5. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
6. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
7. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
8. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
9. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
10. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)