|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac say about Bertozzo's ability with weaponry?
(a) He's ingenius.
(b) He's a top expert.
(c) He's shy but experienced.
(d) He's just a hobbyist.
2. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Intentional suicide.
(b) Sarcastic wordplay.
(c) Rhetorical response.
(d) Jesuit dialectics.
3. Who slips and falls on the marble in front of the reporter?
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Superintendent.
(d) The Maniac.
4. Who tears up the President's portrait?
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Reporter.
5. Which character says, "If they had every member of that little pilgrim band under total and continuous surveillance, how come the band was able to organize such a complicated attack, without your coming in to stop them?"
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Journalist.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Superintendent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
2. Who, according to the reporter, did the Roman judge hold mainly responsible for organizing and fomenting the attack?
3. Where is the letter from which the reporter produces speaking of Sports Jacket?
4. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
5. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
2. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
3. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
4. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
5. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
7. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
8. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
9. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
10. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)