|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac suggest the Anarchist might have had shoes made of?
2. Who says, "Tell me how you put together a bomb and I'll tell you who you are?"
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Constable.
3. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
(a) A cowboy boot.
(b) A galosh.
(c) A rollerblade.
(d) A moccasin.
4. What did the police do with the one bomb which was recovered undetonated?
(a) Gave it to the Russians.
(b) Blew it up.
(c) Had it examined.
(d) Sent it to the lab.
5. Who says to the reporter that being ahead of time is "all important" for the police?
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
2. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
3. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
4. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
5. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
2. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
3. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
4. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
5. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
6. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
7. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
8. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
9. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
10. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)