|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to the reporter that being ahead of time is "all important" for the police?
(a) The Constable.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Maniac.
2. Who does Bertozzo say that he knows, when meeting the Maniac with the reporter?
(a) Captain Rossini.
(b) Inspector Rosetti.
(c) Inspector Piconi.
(d) Captain Piccinni.
3. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A gun.
4. How many dynamite attacks does the reporter say have taken place until today?
5. What, according to the reports, was the Anarchist's death ruled as?
(a) A mistake.
(b) A murder.
(c) An accident.
(d) A suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the journalist ask if she may use during the interview?
2. What does the Maniac say they have changed the police motto to?
3. Where did the Maniac witness the "laughter interrogations" while staying in a hotel near police headquarters?
4. How many shoes are in the equation in Act 2?
5. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
2. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
3. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
4. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
5. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
6. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
7. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
8. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
9. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
10. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)