|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Maniac's.
(c) The Superintendent's.
(d) The Coroner's.
2. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Burn the file cabinet.
(b) Jump out the window.
(c) Creep out the door.
(d) Call his mother.
3. Where does the Maniac learn there will be a judge arriving from?
4. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
(a) The jail.
(b) Next door.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The courthouse.
5. What does the Maniac offer to assist with on the report in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The dismissal.
(b) The release.
(c) The typing.
(d) The recording.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac threaten to do to the Inspector?
2. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who does the Maniac pretend to be while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the Maniac being charged with in Act 1?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)