|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens If he forgets to do this?
2. What does she want him to promise?
3. What does his teacher tell him to say?
4. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
5. What happens to him, after a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
2. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
3. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
4. How does this section begin?
5. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
6. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
7. What is the protagonist's memory of Moishe?
8. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
9. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
10. How does the section begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The smell of meat reminds the protagonist of previous events.
Part 1) Describe these events. Why do these events occur?
Part 2) How do these events reveal the horrors of the holocaust?
Part 3) Can you relate to this kind of trauma? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Kathleen tells the doctor that she loves the protagonist, and the doctor replies that sometimes love is stronger than prayer.
Part 1) What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) Do you agree with the doctor? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this love destructive? Why is it destructive?
Essay Topic 3
The main character thinks more about death than life.
Part 1) How does this affect his relationship with others?
Part 2) What would his grandmother think about this? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) Based on this story, how does the author believe one can change and enjoy life?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)