|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is her response when he tells her he has no money?
(a) He needs to get money.
(b) She tells him the first time is free.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) It is okay because he can pay her another time.
2. Where is our protagonist?
(a) In Kathleen's home.
(b) In a concentration camp.
(c) In Paris after the war.
(d) In New York City before the war.
3. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He goes into the bathroom.
(b) He locks the door.
(c) He leaves the door unlocked.
(d) He checks himself out in the mirror.
4. What does she begin to do?
(a) Go out with other people.
(b) Cancel dates.
(c) Find excuses not to see Eliezer.
(d) Drink too much.
5. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She does not want to hear any more.
(b) She likes the name Sarah.
(c) She cries.
(d) She is surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
2. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
3. What happens If he forgets to do this?
4. Why does he decide to go with her?
5. Into what has his desire suddenly turned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
2. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
3. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
4. How does this scene open?
5. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
6. What would happen if the protagonist did not do what the teacher told him to do?
7. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
8. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
9. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
10. How does the section begin?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)