|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the doctor react to the story?
(a) He is very frustrated and does not understand.
(b) He is very angry.
(c) He is calm and understanding.
(d) He is somewhat surprised.
2. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
(a) He has transformed her.
(b) She has become stronger.
(c) He has been transformed.
(d) She is more confident.
3. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
(a) He holds it in her face.
(b) He threatens to break it.
(c) He looks into it.
(d) He cries.
4. When does this section take place?
(a) Two months after the accident.
(b) One day after the accident.
(c) Four weeks after the accident.
(d) The morning of the surgery.
5. What frightens him most?
(a) He will be different afterward.
(b) She will call the police.
(c) She will not like him.
(d) He will not know what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the patient finally do?
2. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
3. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
4. What is Kathleen doing?
5. What does he know from movies he has seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
2. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
3. How does the section begin?
4. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
5. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
6. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
7. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
8. How does this section begin?
9. What is the protagonist's memory of Moishe?
10. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)