|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
(a) He holds it in her face.
(b) He looks into it.
(c) He threatens to break it.
(d) He cries.
2. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
(b) Show it.
(c) Force the words from his mouth.
(d) Say it.
3. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To leave.
(b) To not forget the past.
(c) To forget her.
(d) To forget the past.
4. Why does she respond this way?
(a) She is jealous of Sarah.
(b) She does not know her own mother.
(c) She does not believe in God.
(d) The name has a Biblical sound to it.
5. What is significant about this point in the story?
(a) Kathleen finally reacts to the protagonist's words.
(b) Kathleen does not want to hear any more of the protagonist's stories.
(c) This is the first point in the novel where the protagonist is mentioned by name.
(d) The protagonist has finally told Kathleen everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does he stop her?
2. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
3. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
4. What does she tell him she has found?
5. What does the patient finally do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
2. What is the protagonist's memory of Moishe?
3. How does this section begin?
4. How does this scene open?
5. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
6. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
7. How do Kathleen and the protagonist feel about one another?
8. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
9. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
10. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)