|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does this section take place?
(a) Two months after the accident.
(b) One day after the accident.
(c) Four weeks after the accident.
(d) The morning of the surgery.
2. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
(a) He has grown weaker around Kathleen.
(b) Their relationship has ended.
(c) Their time together is not helping Kathleen.
(d) Kathleen no longer loves him.
3. Despite their constant companionship, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She becomes more and more depressed.
(b) She feels lonely.
(c) She does not like Eliezer.
(d) She is bored.
4. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
(a) She is more confident.
(b) He has been transformed.
(c) She has become stronger.
(d) He has transformed her.
5. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
(a) Tell the truth.
(c) Keep his thoughts to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
2. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
3. What frightens him most?
4. What does she ask him when she catches him in such a moment?
5. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene open?
2. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
3. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
4. How does this section begin?
5. How does the section begin?
6. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
7. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
8. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
9. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
10. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)