|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
(a) If he wants to go to dinner.
(b) If he likes her.
(c) If he wants to make love.
(d) If he could read her a story.
2. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
(a) He loves her.
(b) His mind will not listen.
(c) It is not possible for him to forget his grandmother.
(d) She will not let him in.
3. When does he stop her?
(a) Before she can leave.
(b) Before she can say any more hurtful words.
(c) Before she can say why she does not love him.
(d) Before she can say that she has loved him since the day they met.
4. What does she want him to promise?
(a) He will not forget his grandmother.
(b) He will not see her again.
(c) He will think only of her and her love.
(d) He will not return.
5. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(b) He kisses her gently.
(c) He takes her hand in his.
(d) He locks the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
2. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
3. What does he know from movies he has seen?
4. What does she say when he asks her what is wrong?
5. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
2. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
3. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
4. How do Kathleen and the protagonist feel about one another?
5. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
6. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
7. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
8. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
9. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
10. How does this scene open?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)