|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is her response when he tells her he has no money?
(a) She tells him the first time is free.
(b) He needs to get money.
(c) It is okay because he can pay her another time.
(d) She leaves him.
2. Where is our protagonist?
(a) In Kathleen's home.
(b) In a concentration camp.
(c) In Paris after the war.
(d) In New York City before the war.
3. When does this section take place?
(a) The morning of the surgery.
(b) One day after the accident.
(c) Two months after the accident.
(d) Four weeks after the accident.
4. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
(a) Kathleen no longer loves him.
(b) He has grown weaker around Kathleen.
(c) Their relationship has ended.
(d) Their time together is not helping Kathleen.
5. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(b) No longer together.
(d) In an argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she tell him she has found?
2. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
3. What does his teacher tell him to say?
4. What frightens him most?
5. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this section begin?
2. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
3. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
4. How does this scene open?
5. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
6. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
7. How does the section begin?
8. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
9. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
10. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)