|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliezer go on to say?
(a) He cannot find his mother.
(b) His mother abandoned him.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) He does not know what happened to his mother.
2. Why would this happen?
(a) Jesus will sit by him.
(b) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
(c) The angel would ask him his name.
(d) He will be happy.
3. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
(a) His mind will not listen.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She will not let him in.
(d) It is not possible for him to forget his grandmother.
4. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
(a) Her sister's name is Sarah.
(b) She has never heard this name before.
(c) She is jealous of Sarah.
(d) She heard him say the name Sarah when he was in a coma.
5. Why does he decide to go with her?
(a) He has nothing better to do.
(b) Her smile intrigues him.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) He is curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they occasionally see?
2. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
3. What does she want him to promise?
4. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
5. Of what is he also afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Kathleen?
2. What does Kathleen ask the protagonist? What is his response?
3. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
4. How does the section begin?
5. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
6. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
7. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
8. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
9. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
10. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)