|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his teacher tell him to say?
(a) "I am Eliezer, son of Sarah."
(b) "I want to go to heaven."
(c) "My name is Eliezer."
(d) "My mother is Sarah."
2. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She does not care about him.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She loves him.
3. Why does she respond this way?
(a) She does not know her own mother.
(b) She does not believe in God.
(c) The name has a Biblical sound to it.
(d) She is jealous of Sarah.
4. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) He will get into trouble.
(b) He will not know what to do.
(c) She will hurt him.
(d) He will fall in love with her.
5. Where is our protagonist?
(a) In a concentration camp.
(b) In New York City before the war.
(c) In Kathleen's home.
(d) In Paris after the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor react to the story?
2. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
3. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
4. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
5. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Kathleen?
2. What would happen if the protagonist did not do what the teacher told him to do?
3. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
4. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
5. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
6. What does Kathleen ask the protagonist? What is his response?
7. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
8. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
9. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
10. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)