|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he know from movies he has seen?
(a) Men should make the first move.
(b) Men are supposed to kiss women before making love to them.
(c) He should be passionate.
(d) He should call for roomservice.
2. To what is this compared?
(a) Forgetting your family.
(b) Wanting to go to hell.
(c) Getting lost on a road.
(d) Forgetting your own origin.
3. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
(b) The doctor is wealthy.
(c) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
(d) The doctor is healthy.
4. What does Kathleen know when he tells her he loves her?
(a) He does not.
(b) He is desperate.
(c) He means what he says.
(d) He is unsure how he feels.
5. What does she say when he asks her what is wrong?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She has never done this before.
(c) She pretends it is nothing.
(d) She does not know him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliezer go on to say?
2. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
3. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
4. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
5. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the section begin?
2. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
3. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
4. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
5. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
6. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
7. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
8. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
9. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
10. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)