|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She likes the name Sarah.
(c) She cries.
(d) She does not want to hear any more.
2. When does this section take place?
(a) One day after the accident.
(b) The morning of the surgery.
(c) Four weeks after the accident.
(d) Two months after the accident.
3. What is significant about this point in the story?
(a) The protagonist has finally told Kathleen everything.
(b) This is the first point in the novel where the protagonist is mentioned by name.
(c) Kathleen finally reacts to the protagonist's words.
(d) Kathleen does not want to hear any more of the protagonist's stories.
4. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Kissing the protagonist.
(b) Visting the protagonist.
(c) Waiting to see the protagonist.
(d) Arguing with the protagonist.
5. Why does he decide to go with her?
(a) He is curious.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) Her smile intrigues him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
2. Why is a young blonde woman with blue eyes watching him?
3. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
4. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
5. To what is this compared?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene open?
2. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
3. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
4. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
5. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
6. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
7. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
8. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
9. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
10. What is the protagonist's memory of Moishe?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)