|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is he reading?
(a) A cell.
(b) A library.
(c) In a cafe.
(d) The livingroom.
2. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
(a) She will not let him in.
(b) His mind will not listen.
(c) It is not possible for him to forget his grandmother.
(d) He loves her.
3. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor is healthy.
(b) The doctor is wealthy.
(c) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
(d) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
4. What does the patient finally do?
(a) Asks for Kathleen.
(b) Tells the doctor a story.
(c) Tells the doctor to leave.
(d) Hugs the doctor.
5. What does a teacher tell him will happen three days after he has died?
(a) He will be in pergatory.
(b) An angel would come to him.
(c) He will go to heaven.
(d) He will be with Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathleen react?
2. How does the doctor react to the story?
3. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
4. What does she know he will continue to do?
5. What frightens him most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
2. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
3. What does Kathleen ask the protagonist? What is his response?
4. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
5. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
6. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
7. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
8. What has happened to Kathleen?
9. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
10. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)