|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite their constant companionship, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She does not like Eliezer.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She feels lonely.
(d) She becomes more and more depressed.
2. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is more important to him than the present.
(c) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
(d) It is not as important has the present.
3. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He locks the door.
(b) He checks himself out in the mirror.
(c) He leaves the door unlocked.
(d) He goes into the bathroom.
4. What has Dr. Russel made a habit?
(a) Having dinner with Kathleen.
(b) Sending other doctors in to talk to his patient.
(c) To visit with the protagonist each morning.
(d) To visit with the protagonist each evening.
5. What does he know from movies he has seen?
(a) He should call for roomservice.
(b) He should be passionate.
(c) Men should make the first move.
(d) Men are supposed to kiss women before making love to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does he stop her?
2. How does he reply?
3. Why would this happen?
4. What does she tell him she has found?
5. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
2. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
3. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
4. How does this section begin?
5. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
6. What is the protagonist's memory of Moishe?
7. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
8. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
9. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
10. What has happened to Kathleen?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)