|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dr. Russel made a habit?
(a) Sending other doctors in to talk to his patient.
(b) Having dinner with Kathleen.
(c) To visit with the protagonist each evening.
(d) To visit with the protagonist each morning.
2. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) He will not know what to do.
(b) She will hurt him.
(c) He will get into trouble.
(d) He will fall in love with her.
3. How long has it been since the accident?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) A year.
4. What does he think about this question?
(a) People make love at night, not in the middle of the day.
(b) He is not hungry.
(c) He thinks she is very pretty.
(d) He is not sure why she wants a story read to her.
5. Why does she respond this way?
(a) She does not believe in God.
(b) The name has a Biblical sound to it.
(c) She does not know her own mother.
(d) She is jealous of Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
2. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
3. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
4. What does she say when he asks her what is wrong?
5. What does she know he will continue to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
2. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
3. How does this section begin?
4. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
5. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
6. What would happen if the protagonist did not do what the teacher told him to do?
7. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
8. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
9. What has happened to Kathleen?
10. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)