|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is not as important has the present.
(b) It is more important to him than the present.
(c) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
(d) It is sad.
2. Despite their constant companionship, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She becomes more and more depressed.
(b) She feels lonely.
(c) She does not like Eliezer.
(d) She is bored.
3. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To not forget the past.
(b) To forget her.
(c) To forget the past.
(d) To leave.
4. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
(a) The driver is okay.
(b) He will live.
(c) The cab company will not sue him.
(d) The driver does not have to suffer for the accident.
5. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor is healthy.
(b) The doctor is wealthy.
(c) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
(d) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sarah?
2. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
3. What has Dr. Russel made a habit?
4. What is Kathleen doing?
5. What does he see when he looks into her eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
2. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
3. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
4. How does this scene open?
5. How do Kathleen and the protagonist feel about one another?
6. What does Kathleen ask the protagonist? What is his response?
7. Who arrives before Kathleen? Describe their behavior. How does the protagonist respond to this.
8. How does the section begin?
9. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
10. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)