|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
(a) Talking about his treatment.
(b) Admiring the view from the hospital room.
2. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
(a) She says she does not.
(b) She does.
(c) She thinks she knows him.
(d) She wants to know him.
3. How does Kathleen react?
(a) She walks away.
(b) She hugs the protagonist.
(c) She cries.
(d) She stares at the protagonist.
4. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) How extraordinary she is.
(b) He is now dating her.
(c) She is odd.
(d) She is no longer coming to visit.
5. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
(a) To get lost on one's way to heaven.
(b) To not want to go to heaven.
(c) To forget one's mother's name.
(d) To forget one's own name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
2. Into what has his desire suddenly turned?
3. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
4. Why does he decide to go with her?
5. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
2. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
3. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
4. What has happened to Kathleen?
5. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
6. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
7. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
8. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
9. How do Kathleen and the protagonist feel about one another?
10. How does the section begin?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)