|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Arguing with the protagonist.
(b) Waiting to see the protagonist.
(c) Kissing the protagonist.
(d) Visting the protagonist.
2. How long has it been since the accident?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
3. Into what has his desire suddenly turned?
(a) The desire to leave.
(c) A strong need to understand her.
4. What do they occasionally see?
(a) A concert.
(b) Something that might have moved them once.
(d) A movie.
5. What does she know he will continue to do?
(a) Drift back to the place where she cannot reach him.
(b) Be in love with her.
(c) Depress her.
(d) Annoy her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
2. What does she say when he asks her what is wrong?
3. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
4. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
5. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
2. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
3. What would happen if the protagonist did not do what the teacher told him to do?
4. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
5. What does Kathleen ask the protagonist? What is his response?
6. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
7. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
8. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
9. Who arrives before Kathleen? Describe their behavior. How does the protagonist respond to this.
10. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)