|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
(a) She likes posh New York City hotels.
(b) Her marriage has ended.
(c) Eliezer has paid for the room.
(d) She has inherited a fortune.
2. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(b) No longer together.
(d) In an argument.
3. What is her response when he tells her he has no money?
(a) She tells him the first time is free.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) It is okay because he can pay her another time.
(d) He needs to get money.
4. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
(c) It is not as important has the present.
(d) It is more important to him than the present.
5. Why would this happen?
(a) Jesus will sit by him.
(b) He will be happy.
(c) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
(d) The angel would ask him his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she tell him she has found?
2. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
3. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
4. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
5. What frightens him most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
2. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
3. Where can Kathleen not reach the protagonist? How does she deal with this?
4. What would happen if the protagonist did not do what the teacher told him to do?
5. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
6. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
7. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
8. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
9. What do the doctor and the protagonist say about the river?
10. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)