|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about this point in the story?
(a) Kathleen finally reacts to the protagonist's words.
(b) Kathleen does not want to hear any more of the protagonist's stories.
(c) This is the first point in the novel where the protagonist is mentioned by name.
(d) The protagonist has finally told Kathleen everything.
2. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
(a) Admiring the view from the hospital room.
(d) Talking about his treatment.
3. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
(a) Their relationship has ended.
(b) Their time together is not helping Kathleen.
(c) He has grown weaker around Kathleen.
(d) Kathleen no longer loves him.
4. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor is wealthy.
(b) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
(c) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
(d) The doctor is healthy.
5. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
2. What does the protagonist do?
3. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
4. Where do the two of them go out at night?
5. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)