|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(b) The doctor.
2. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
(a) Kathleen no longer loves him.
(b) Their time together is not helping Kathleen.
(c) He has grown weaker around Kathleen.
(d) Their relationship has ended.
3. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
(a) She does.
(b) She thinks she knows him.
(c) She wants to know him.
(d) She says she does not.
4. When does the protagonist say this name?
(a) The day of the accident.
(b) One month after the accident.
(c) Right before the accident.
(d) Two days after the accident.
5. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
(c) His father.
(d) Three of the protagonist's colleagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
2. What does the protagonist do?
3. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
4. When does this section take place?
5. What is her response when he tells her he has no money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene open?
2. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
3. What does Kathleen ask the protagonist? What is his response?
4. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
5. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
6. What is the protagonist's memory of Moishe?
7. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
8. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
9. How does the section begin?
10. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)