|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To forget the past.
(b) To leave.
(c) To not forget the past.
(d) To forget her.
2. Why would this happen?
(a) Jesus will sit by him.
(b) He will be happy.
(c) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
(d) The angel would ask him his name.
3. What does Kathleen know when he tells her he loves her?
(a) He means what he says.
(b) He does not.
(c) He is desperate.
(d) He is unsure how he feels.
4. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) God will not know who he is.
(b) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
(c) He will not go to heaven.
(d) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
5. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
(a) She wants to leave.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She does not care about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the patient finally do?
2. When does this section take place?
3. What does she say when he asks her what is wrong?
4. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
5. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
2. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
3. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
4. How does this section begin?
5. How does the section begin?
6. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
7. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
8. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
9. Who arrives before Kathleen? Describe their behavior. How does the protagonist respond to this.
10. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)