Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halina do?
(a) Taps Kathleen on the shoulder.
(b) Turns to walk the other way.
(c) Calls Kathleen over.
(d) Ignores Kathleen.
2. From what does the protagonist awaken?
(b) A deep sleep.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A nap.
3. What does the main character think is impossible to find?
(a) Any satisfaction in life.
(b) A cure for cancer.
(c) A place to call home.
(d) His family.
4. When he says nothing, what does his father do?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Storms out of the room.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Sends him to his room.
5. What is happening in his memory of the concentration camp?
(a) The Nazis are taunting him with food.
(b) A man gives him his dinner.
(c) The Nazis are eating a delicious steak dinner.
(d) A man is eating a large chunk of raw meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halina do this?
2. What memory does this trigger?
3. What is causing this insatiable thirst?
4. What does the man not look up to see?
5. The title of the novel refers to what type of accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
2. Why has Gyula painted Eliezer's portrait the way he did?
3. What does the girl tell the protagonist?
4. Why does the protagonist begin to tell the stranger his story?
5. What happens once the protagonist is admitted into the hospital?
6. What does the protagonist realize years later about his grandmother?
7. Describe the protagonist's first evening with Kathleen.
8. To what does the protagonist wake up?
9. How do Kathleen and the protagonist feel about one another?
10. What does the doctor tell the protagonist?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)