|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he tell the nurse that he wants an injection to take away?
(a) His life.
(b) His memories.
(c) His pain.
(d) His thirst.
2. What does Halina do?
(a) Taps Kathleen on the shoulder.
(b) Turns to walk the other way.
(c) Calls Kathleen over.
(d) Ignores Kathleen.
3. How are strangers like stars?
(a) They are not committed to you.
(b) The are famous.
(c) There are many of them.
(d) They will guide you.
4. What does he begin to tell the stranger?
(a) He wants to jump in the water.
(b) He does not want to talk.
(c) He does not want to dance.
(d) The story of his life.
5. What horrifies the boy?
(a) The thought that God has already died.
(b) The thought of God being buried alive.
(c) The thought of God's Son dying for us.
(d) The thought of God being immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is he unable to explain to his father about the stolen money?
2. What does Shimon convince the protagonist to do?
3. Why does the protagonist steal some money?
4. What happens after he asks the doctor to show her in?
5. Some time later, what does the protagonist recall for what the same man is pleading?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does he run in this memory? What does this person do?
2. Why does the protagonist begin to tell the stranger his story?
3. Describe the memory that is triggered by the hamburger.
4. What does the protagonist tell the stranger? How does the stranger respond?
5. Describe the scene between the protagonist and the stranger.
6. Describe the story and the main character.
7. What is the protagonist's memory about his grandmother?
8. Why does the protagonist believe his grandmother is outside his room?
9. Describe the protagonist's first evening with Kathleen.
10. Of what does this insatiable feeling remind him?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)