|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can he not have a drink?
(a) He is about to go into surgery.
(b) There is no water available.
(c) He is on IVs.
(d) It will make him vomit.
2. Leaving the meal uneaten, what do the protagonist and Kathleen discuss?
(a) The time.
(b) Where to find a better meal.
(c) The protagonist's inability to eat meat.
(d) Where they should go next.
3. The title of the novel refers to what type of accident?
4. Why does the protagonist steal some money?
(a) He wants to give money to his father.
(b) He is greedy.
(c) He needs to pay his bills.
(d) To give to a small orphan boy.
5. What is the original French title of the book?
(a) "La Nuit (Night)."
(b) "Le Soir (Evening)."
(c) "L'Accident (Accident)."
(d) "Le Jour (Day)."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when she is also crying out for water?
2. How are strangers like stars?
3. What does Kathleen try to convince him to do?
4. What is this woman doing?
5. Who holds the protagonist and sobs in his memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. What does the protagonist realize years later about his grandmother?
3. To what does the title refer?
4. What does this time with Kathleen trigger?
5. Describe the story and the main character.
6. To what does the protagonist wake up?
7. What happens, moments after the protagonist and Kathleen meet?
8. What happens once the protagonist is admitted into the hospital?
9. How does the protagonist react to the stranger's honesty?
10. Why does the protagonist believe his grandmother is outside his room?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)