|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist do when Kathleen attempts to start a conversation?
(a) He cuts her off.
(b) He joins in the conversation.
(c) He stops her.
(d) He listens to her.
2. What feels like fire?
(a) Medicine running through his veins.
(b) His head.
(c) His throat.
(d) Hsi hands.
3. He notices the passersby, and what does he remark to himself?
(a) How beautiful they are.
(b) How haggard everybody looks.
(c) How he wishes he could be so content.
(d) Where they are all headed.
4. What does the stranger never do?
(a) Listen to his story.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Stop the protagonist or ask for clarification.
5. What does he begin to tell the stranger?
(a) He wants to jump in the water.
(b) He does not want to dance.
(c) The story of his life.
(d) He does not want to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience does the stranger relate to him?
2. What happens between Kathleen and the protagonist?
3. Why does Halina do this?
4. What does he want to do?
5. Who is Shimon on his way to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the protagonist believe his grandmother is outside his room?
2. What happens once the protagonist is admitted into the hospital?
3. How does the protagonist meet Kathleen?
4. What does he tell the nurse? What is her response? Why does he feel this way?
5. How does the protagonist react to the stranger's honesty?
6. What happens when the protagonist tries to eat a hamburger?
7. What is the protagonist's memory about his grandmother?
8. What does the protagonist tell the stranger? How does the stranger respond?
9. How does this section begin?
10. What does this time with Kathleen trigger?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)