Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Kathleen and her boyfriend attempt to eat a hamburger?
(a) She finds herself disgusted by the smell of the meat.
(b) He eats the entire thing.
(c) He finds himself disgusted by the smell of the meat.
(d) She does not let him have any of it.
2. What does the protagonist vow?
(a) Each time he feels the cold he will remember his grandmother's comforting message.
(b) Each time he feels the cold he will remember his grandmother's ashes.
(c) He will not forget his grandmother's words.
(d) He will pray to God in his grandmother's memory.
3. Why does she ask him to tell her about himself?
(a) She likes to hear his voice.
(b) She wants to know him.
(c) She does not want to talk.
(d) She wants to find out what is wrong with him.
4. Why does he tell her he does not want to talk about himself?
(a) He wants to first know about her.
(b) He is shy.
(c) If he did she would only hate him.
(d) He is embarrassed to be the center of attention.
5. What happens when she is also crying out for water?
(a) Nobody is there to quench her thirst.
(b) He gives her water.
(c) She will vomit if she has water.
(d) She must go searching for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. He notices the passersby, and what does he remark to himself?
2. What is THE ACCIDENT?
3. Eventually, what does the protagonist come to realize?
4. What is odd about the protagonist's comment about already knowing Kathleen?
5. To whom does he run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene between the protagonist and the stranger.
2. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
3. Why does Kathleen begin to cry?
4. What happens right before the accident?
5. How do Kathleen and the protagonist feel about one another?
6. How does the protagonist meet Kathleen?
7. Why does the protagonist believe his grandmother is outside his room?
8. Who arrives before Kathleen? Describe their behavior. How does the protagonist respond to this.
9. How does this section begin?
10. What does this time with Kathleen trigger?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)