|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does he feel this way when he eats the hamburger?
(a) It reminds him of his childhood.
(b) It is so delicious.
(c) It reminds him of a much earlier time.
(d) He is so hungry.
2. What does the grandmother say when the young boy asks when God dies?
(a) God does not die.
(b) God will send his Son to die for us.
(c) God dies in all of us.
(d) God has already died.
3. Why does the protagonist steal some money?
(a) To give to a small orphan boy.
(b) He is greedy.
(c) He needs to pay his bills.
(d) He wants to give money to his father.
4. What does he want to do?
(a) Jump in and drown.
(b) Be the character in the book.
(c) Dance like the others.
(d) Play on the swingset.
5. From what does the protagonist awaken?
(a) A nap.
(b) A deep sleep.
(c) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse promise?
2. What happens after he asks the doctor to show her in?
3. What does the stranger never do?
4. Into what does he see his grandmother crammed?
5. Despite the efforts of his girlfriend and others, what does the main character find himself doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens, moments after the protagonist and Kathleen meet?
2. What does the protagonist realize years later about his grandmother?
3. To what does the title refer?
4. How does the scene end?
5. Describe the memory that is triggered by the hamburger.
6. What does he tell the nurse? What is her response? Why does he feel this way?
7. How does the protagonist meet Kathleen?
8. What does the protagonist tell the stranger? How does the stranger respond?
9. To whom does he run in this memory? What does this person do?
10. Describe the scene between the protagonist and the stranger.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)