|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the protagonist's silent reverie broken?
(a) Kathleen tells him she is getting cold.
(b) When Kathleen kisses him.
(c) When a loud noise is heard.
(d) When the story in his mind ends.
2. What does the protagonist remember just as the doctor tells him that "she" is waiting outside?
(a) The look on his father's face.
(b) His teacher's words.
(c) Her hot tears running down his arms.
(d) His friend's hug.
3. What happens when she is also crying out for water?
(a) She must go searching for water.
(b) He gives her water.
(c) Nobody is there to quench her thirst.
(d) She will vomit if she has water.
4. By what is he troubled?
(a) Kathleen's ability to forget her first date.
(b) The concept of death.
(c) This first date with Kathleen.
(d) Ditching his friends.
5. What is he unable to explain to his father about the stolen money?
(a) He feels guilt because his own parents are alive.
(b) He feels guilty telling his father he stole it for him.
(c) He likes to steal money.
(d) He is desperately in need of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does his mind wander?
2. To whom does he run?
3. What happens as Kathleen and her boyfriend attempt to eat a hamburger?
4. Why does Halina do this?
5. Why does Kathleen convince him to do this?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the protagonist meet Kathleen?
2. What does the protagonist tell the stranger? How does the stranger respond?
3. Describe the protagonist's first evening with Kathleen.
4. How does this section begin?
5. What does this time with Kathleen trigger?
6. Describe the story and the main character.
7. To what does the title refer?
8. To what does the protagonist wake up?
9. How does the protagonist react to the stranger's honesty?
10. What happens right before the accident?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)