|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the protagonist standing alone doing?
(a) Watching the others dance.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Staring at the sea.
(d) Looking out into the backyard.
2. Some time later, what does the protagonist recall for what the same man is pleading?
(a) A new hamburger.
(b) Another meal.
(c) His life with the people who share his barracks.
(d) A chance to serve in a restaurant.
3. What is Kathleen determined to see?
(a) Her family.
(b) The protagonist eat a meal.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) The city skyline.
4. What does the protagonist tell the stranger?
(a) His life in recent years.
(b) A little bit about his life.
(d) Everything about his childhood, his grandmother, his teacher, and his dreams.
5. Who is Shimon on his way to meet?
(a) The protagonist.
(b) A woman named Halina.
(c) His new boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he want to do?
2. What does the stranger recall?
3. What does the protagonist remember just as the doctor tells him that "she" is waiting outside?
4. What is he unable to explain to his father about the stolen money?
5. What does the nurse promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the protagonist tell the stranger? How does the stranger respond?
2. Describe the scene between the protagonist and the stranger.
3. Why does the protagonist believe his grandmother is outside his room?
4. What happens, moments after the protagonist and Kathleen meet?
5. Describe the memory that is triggered by the hamburger.
6. How does the protagonist react to the stranger's honesty?
7. Describe the story and the main character.
8. What does the protagonist vow? What ends his memory?
9. How does this section begin?
10. Why does the protagonist begin to tell the stranger his story?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)