|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shimon see, with whom he is already acquainted?
(c) The protagonist.
2. What feels like fire?
(a) Medicine running through his veins.
(b) His throat.
(c) Hsi hands.
(d) His head.
3. Where does his mind wander?
(a) To a conversation with his grandmother when he is a young boy.
(b) To Kathleen's former date.
(c) To the first time he met Kathleen.
(d) To his friends.
4. What is he unable to explain to his father about the stolen money?
(a) He likes to steal money.
(b) He is desperately in need of money.
(c) He feels guilty telling his father he stole it for him.
(d) He feels guilt because his own parents are alive.
5. By what is he troubled?
(a) The concept of death.
(b) Kathleen's ability to forget her first date.
(c) Ditching his friends.
(d) This first date with Kathleen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kathleen convince him to do this?
2. What does the man not look up to see?
3. What does he want to do?
4. What is causing this insatiable thirst?
5. What experience does the stranger relate to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does he tell the nurse? What is her response? Why does he feel this way?
2. How does the section begin?
3. How does the protagonist react to the stranger's honesty?
4. What does the protagonist realize he wants to do? How does the girl react?
5. How does this section begin?
6. What is the protagonist's memory of Moishe?
7. After his memory, what does he have a strong desire to do?
8. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
9. Describe the memory that is triggered by the hamburger.
10. Describe the protagonist's story about his teacher.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)