|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He notices the passersby, and what does he remark to himself?
(a) How beautiful they are.
(b) Where they are all headed.
(c) How haggard everybody looks.
(d) How he wishes he could be so content.
2. What does the stranger never do?
(a) Stop the protagonist or ask for clarification.
(b) Stop talking.
(d) Listen to his story.
3. What does he want to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Go to nicer restaurant.
(c) See the city skyline.
(d) See a mystery.
4. What does the main character think is impossible to find?
(a) His family.
(b) Any satisfaction in life.
(c) A place to call home.
(d) A cure for cancer.
5. Who holds the protagonist and sobs in his memory?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His friend.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse give the patient?
2. How does the stranger surprise him?
3. Some time later, what does the protagonist recall for what the same man is pleading?
4. What does Kathleen try to convince him to do?
5. What do the two of them do without talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. How does the section begin?
3. What is Gyula's own story?
4. To whom does he run in this memory? What does this person do?
5. What does Kathleen say, one night when they are in bed together?
6. Describe the paining.
7. Describe the details of the accident.
8. Of what does this insatiable feeling remind him?
9. Why is the protagonist not able to make love to the girl?
10. What does the protagonist vow? What ends his memory?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)