|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after he asks the doctor to show her in?
(a) He tells her of the memory of his grandmother.
(b) They talk for many hours.
(c) She does not enter.
(d) They speak for just a moment.
2. Why does he tell her he does not want to talk about himself?
(a) He is embarrassed to be the center of attention.
(b) He wants to first know about her.
(c) He is shy.
(d) If he did she would only hate him.
3. What does he want to do?
(a) Be the character in the book.
(b) Jump in and drown.
(c) Dance like the others.
(d) Play on the swingset.
4. What is odd about the protagonist's comment about already knowing Kathleen?
(a) They have not seen each other in over twenty years.
(b) He and Kathleen have never met.
(c) Kathleen does not seem to recognize him.
(d) He has only met her once before.
5. The title of the novel refers to what type of accident?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this woman doing?
2. Why does the protagonist have to go to another hospital?
3. What happens when she is also crying out for water?
4. After he awakens, to what does he find himself attached?
5. With what does he grapple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathleen ask of Eliezer?
2. How has this traumatic experience affected the girl?
3. How does this section begin?
4. What would happen if the protagonist did not do what the teacher told him to do?
5. How does the protagonist respond to the woman's request?
6. What is Eliezer's memory about the train station?
7. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
8. Who arrives before Kathleen? Describe their behavior. How does the protagonist respond to this.
9. What has happened to Kathleen?
10. How do Kathleen and the protagonist feel about one another?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)