|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Kathleen left standing at the box office?
(a) Her original date.
(d) The protagonist.
2. Why does he feel this way when he eats the hamburger?
(a) He is so hungry.
(b) It reminds him of his childhood.
(c) It reminds him of a much earlier time.
(d) It is so delicious.
3. What has happened to this person at the box office?
(a) He is surprised and happy to see Kathleen and the protagonist together.
(b) He has been quickly and casually dismissed.
(c) She is excited for the protagonist.
(d) He is going to see a movie.
4. What is before them?
(a) The movie screen.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The hamburgers.
(d) Two cups.
5. When is the protagonist's silent reverie broken?
(a) Kathleen tells him she is getting cold.
(b) When the story in his mind ends.
(c) When Kathleen kisses him.
(d) When a loud noise is heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feels like fire?
2. What experience does the stranger relate to him?
3. What does his grandma tell him the presence of God will do?
4. What does he begin to tell the stranger?
5. He notices the passersby, and what does he remark to himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does he tell the nurse? What is her response? Why does he feel this way?
2. What happens when the protagonist tries to eat a hamburger?
3. What does the protagonist tell the stranger? How does the stranger respond?
4. What memory does he then recall?
5. Describe the protagonist's first evening with Kathleen.
6. How does this section begin?
7. Describe the memory that is triggered by the hamburger.
8. What happens right before the accident?
9. What does the protagonist criticize in the first section of the novel?
10. To whom does he run in this memory? What does this person do?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)