|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would this happen?
(a) He will be happy.
(b) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
(c) The angel would ask him his name.
(d) Jesus will sit by him.
2. What happens to him, after a while?
(a) He becomes embarrassed.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He becomes interested in her.
(d) He wonders what has happened to Kathleen.
3. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
(a) He holds it in her face.
(b) He cries.
(c) He threatens to break it.
(d) He looks into it.
4. Why does he decide to go with her?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) Her smile intrigues him.
(d) He is curious.
5. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor is healthy.
(b) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
(c) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
(d) The doctor is wealthy.
6. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(b) The doctor.
7. What do they occasionally see?
(a) A concert.
(c) Something that might have moved them once.
(d) A movie.
8. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
(a) If he wants to make love.
(b) If he wants to go to dinner.
(c) If he likes her.
(d) If he could read her a story.
9. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
10. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) How extraordinary she is.
(b) She is no longer coming to visit.
(c) He is now dating her.
(d) She is odd.
11. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
(a) The damage done to his body was not as extensive as first thought.
(b) The patient had to be revived.
(c) He received no help at all from his patient.
(d) He had to do more invasive surgery.
12. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To leave.
(b) To forget her.
(c) To not forget the past.
(d) To forget the past.
13. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is more important to him than the present.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is not as important has the present.
(d) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
14. What does a teacher tell him will happen three days after he has died?
(a) He will be in pergatory.
(b) An angel would come to him.
(c) He will be with Jesus.
(d) He will go to heaven.
15. What does his teacher tell him to say?
(a) "I want to go to heaven."
(b) "My mother is Sarah."
(c) "My name is Eliezer."
(d) "I am Eliezer, son of Sarah."
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
2. Of what is he also afraid?
3. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
4. Where do the two of them go out at night?
5. Why does she respond this way?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)