|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
(a) Say it.
(b) Force the words from his mouth.
(c) Show it.
2. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
(a) Her marriage has ended.
(b) She has inherited a fortune.
(c) She likes posh New York City hotels.
(d) Eliezer has paid for the room.
3. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor is healthy.
(b) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
(c) The doctor is wealthy.
(d) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
4. How does he reply?
(a) He cannot forget his memories.
(b) He hates therapists.
(c) He was at the train station.
(d) He does not want to leave.
5. What do they occasionally see?
(a) A concert.
(c) Something that might have moved them once.
(d) A movie.
6. What does she want him to promise?
(a) He will not forget his grandmother.
(b) He will not return.
(c) He will think only of her and her love.
(d) He will not see her again.
7. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
(a) She heard him say the name Sarah when he was in a coma.
(b) Her sister's name is Sarah.
(c) She has never heard this name before.
(d) She is jealous of Sarah.
8. To what is this compared?
(a) Forgetting your own origin.
(b) Wanting to go to hell.
(c) Forgetting your family.
(d) Getting lost on a road.
9. Why does she respond this way?
(a) She is jealous of Sarah.
(b) She does not know her own mother.
(c) The name has a Biblical sound to it.
(d) She does not believe in God.
10. What does she begin to do?
(a) Cancel dates.
(b) Go out with other people.
(c) Drink too much.
(d) Find excuses not to see Eliezer.
11. What does a teacher tell him will happen three days after he has died?
(a) He will be with Jesus.
(b) He will be in pergatory.
(c) An angel would come to him.
(d) He will go to heaven.
12. What does Eliezer go on to say?
(a) His mother is dead.
(b) He cannot find his mother.
(c) He does not know what happened to his mother.
(d) His mother abandoned him.
13. How long has it been since the accident?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A day.
(d) A month.
14. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He kisses her gently.
(b) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(c) He locks the door.
(d) He takes her hand in his.
15. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
(a) His father.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The cab company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Russel made a habit?
2. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
3. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
4. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
5. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)