|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he see when he looks into her eyes?
(a) The same look he might see in a frightened animal.
2. What does his teacher tell him to say?
(a) "I am Eliezer, son of Sarah."
(b) "My mother is Sarah."
(c) "My name is Eliezer."
(d) "I want to go to heaven."
3. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
(b) Tell the truth.
(d) Keep his thoughts to himself.
4. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(b) He locks the door.
(c) He kisses her gently.
(d) He takes her hand in his.
5. Why does he decide to go with her?
(a) He has nothing better to do.
(b) Her smile intrigues him.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) He is curious.
6. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
(a) She is more confident.
(b) She has become stronger.
(c) He has transformed her.
(d) He has been transformed.
7. What does she ask him when she catches him in such a moment?
(a) Forget the past.
(b) Where he was before.
(c) To leave.
(d) Talk to a therapist.
8. Who is Sarah?
(a) The protagonist's mother.
(b) The protagonist's sister.
(c) The protagonist's grandmother.
(d) Th protagonist's wife.
9. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She puts her clothes back on.
(c) She asks him to leave.
(d) She takes off her clothes and lies down on the bed in her underwear.
10. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To forget the past.
(b) To not forget the past.
(c) To leave.
(d) To forget her.
11. What does Kathleen know when he tells her he loves her?
(a) He is unsure how he feels.
(b) He does not.
(c) He is desperate.
(d) He means what he says.
12. What happens to him, after a while?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He wonders what has happened to Kathleen.
(c) He becomes interested in her.
(d) He becomes embarrassed.
13. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He leaves the door unlocked.
(b) He goes into the bathroom.
(c) He locks the door.
(d) He checks himself out in the mirror.
14. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) He will not go to heaven.
(b) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
(c) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
(d) God will not know who he is.
15. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
2. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
3. Why does she respond this way?
4. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
5. When does this section take place?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)