|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
(a) The damage done to his body was not as extensive as first thought.
(b) He had to do more invasive surgery.
(c) He received no help at all from his patient.
(d) The patient had to be revived.
2. When does he stop her?
(a) Before she can say that she has loved him since the day they met.
(b) Before she can say why she does not love him.
(c) Before she can say any more hurtful words.
(d) Before she can leave.
3. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
(a) She wants to leave.
(b) She does not care about him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She does not love him.
4. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(b) No longer together.
(d) In an argument.
5. To what is this compared?
(a) Forgetting your family.
(b) Forgetting your own origin.
(c) Getting lost on a road.
(d) Wanting to go to hell.
6. What does his teacher tell him to say?
(a) "I am Eliezer, son of Sarah."
(b) "My name is Eliezer."
(c) "My mother is Sarah."
(d) "I want to go to heaven."
7. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
(a) He has grown weaker around Kathleen.
(b) Their time together is not helping Kathleen.
(c) Kathleen no longer loves him.
(d) Their relationship has ended.
8. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He checks himself out in the mirror.
(b) He leaves the door unlocked.
(c) He goes into the bathroom.
(d) He locks the door.
9. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
(a) "You want to know who I am, truly? I don't know myself."
(b) "You are the best man I have ever met."
(c) "Why did you save me?"
(d) "I live because of you."
10. When does this section take place?
(a) The morning of the surgery.
(b) Two months after the accident.
(c) One day after the accident.
(d) Four weeks after the accident.
11. Who is Sarah?
(a) The protagonist's sister.
(b) The protagonist's mother.
(c) The protagonist's grandmother.
(d) Th protagonist's wife.
12. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) He will fall in love with her.
(b) He will get into trouble.
(c) She will hurt him.
(d) He will not know what to do.
13. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) She is odd.
(b) She is no longer coming to visit.
(c) How extraordinary she is.
(d) He is now dating her.
14. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She does not want to hear any more.
(c) She likes the name Sarah.
(d) She cries.
15. When does the protagonist say this name?
(a) Two days after the accident.
(b) The day of the accident.
(c) One month after the accident.
(d) Right before the accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
2. What does she ask him when she catches him in such a moment?
3. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
4. What does Eliezer go on to say?
5. How does he reply?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)