|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what has his desire suddenly turned?
(a) The desire to leave.
(d) A strong need to understand her.
2. Why does he decide to go with her?
(a) He is curious.
(b) Her smile intrigues him.
(c) He has nothing better to do.
(d) She is beautiful.
3. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
(a) His mind will not listen.
(b) She will not let him in.
(c) He loves her.
(d) It is not possible for him to forget his grandmother.
4. Why would this happen?
(a) He will be happy.
(b) The angel would ask him his name.
(c) Jesus will sit by him.
(d) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
5. When does this section take place?
(a) Two months after the accident.
(b) Four weeks after the accident.
(c) The morning of the surgery.
(d) One day after the accident.
6. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
(c) His father.
(d) Three of the protagonist's colleagues.
7. What does she know he will continue to do?
(a) Depress her.
(b) Be in love with her.
(c) Drift back to the place where she cannot reach him.
(d) Annoy her.
8. What does the patient finally do?
(a) Asks for Kathleen.
(b) Tells the doctor a story.
(c) Hugs the doctor.
(d) Tells the doctor to leave.
9. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(a) The doctor.
10. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
(a) If he wants to make love.
(b) If he could read her a story.
(c) If he wants to go to dinner.
(d) If he likes her.
11. What does she want him to promise?
(a) He will not return.
(b) He will not see her again.
(c) He will think only of her and her love.
(d) He will not forget his grandmother.
12. What does she begin to do?
(a) Drink too much.
(b) Cancel dates.
(c) Go out with other people.
(d) Find excuses not to see Eliezer.
13. What does he know from movies he has seen?
(a) Men should make the first move.
(b) He should call for roomservice.
(c) He should be passionate.
(d) Men are supposed to kiss women before making love to them.
14. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
(a) Eliezer has paid for the room.
(b) She has inherited a fortune.
(c) She likes posh New York City hotels.
(d) Her marriage has ended.
15. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) God will not know who he is.
(b) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
(c) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
(d) He will not go to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
2. When does he stop her?
3. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
4. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
5. What is significant about this point in the story?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)