|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(b) He takes her hand in his.
(c) He kisses her gently.
(d) He locks the door.
2. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(b) The doctor.
3. Why would this happen?
(a) The angel would ask him his name.
(b) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
(c) He will be happy.
(d) Jesus will sit by him.
4. How long has it been since the accident?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
5. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is not as important has the present.
(c) It is more important to him than the present.
(d) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
6. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
(a) Show it.
(b) Say it.
(c) Force the words from his mouth.
7. What does he see when he looks into her eyes?
(b) The same look he might see in a frightened animal.
8. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
(a) Eliezer has paid for the room.
(b) She likes posh New York City hotels.
(c) Her marriage has ended.
(d) She has inherited a fortune.
9. What has Dr. Russel made a habit?
(a) Having dinner with Kathleen.
(b) To visit with the protagonist each evening.
(c) To visit with the protagonist each morning.
(d) Sending other doctors in to talk to his patient.
10. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He checks himself out in the mirror.
(b) He goes into the bathroom.
(c) He locks the door.
(d) He leaves the door unlocked.
11. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The cab company.
(c) His father.
(d) The doctor.
12. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
(b) Three of the protagonist's colleagues.
(c) His father.
13. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
(a) If he could read her a story.
(b) If he likes her.
(c) If he wants to go to dinner.
(d) If he wants to make love.
14. When does this section take place?
(a) Two months after the accident.
(b) One day after the accident.
(c) Four weeks after the accident.
(d) The morning of the surgery.
15. What does she want him to promise?
(a) He will think only of her and her love.
(b) He will not see her again.
(c) He will not return.
(d) He will not forget his grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
2. What does he know from movies he has seen?
3. What happens If he forgets to do this?
4. Why does she respond this way?
5. Why is a young blonde woman with blue eyes watching him?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)