|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathleen know when he tells her he loves her?
(a) He is desperate.
(b) He does not.
(c) He is unsure how he feels.
(d) He means what he says.
2. What is her response when he tells her he has no money?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) It is okay because he can pay her another time.
(c) He needs to get money.
(d) She tells him the first time is free.
3. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To leave.
(b) To not forget the past.
(c) To forget the past.
(d) To forget her.
4. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(a) In an argument.
(b) No longer together.
5. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
(a) Three of the protagonist's colleagues.
(b) His father.
6. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
(a) If he likes her.
(b) If he wants to go to dinner.
(c) If he could read her a story.
(d) If he wants to make love.
7. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
(c) Talking about his treatment.
(d) Admiring the view from the hospital room.
8. When does this section take place?
(a) Two months after the accident.
(b) The morning of the surgery.
(c) Four weeks after the accident.
(d) One day after the accident.
9. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Waiting to see the protagonist.
(b) Visting the protagonist.
(c) Arguing with the protagonist.
(d) Kissing the protagonist.
10. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
(a) She says she does not.
(b) She thinks she knows him.
(c) She does.
(d) She wants to know him.
11. Why does she respond this way?
(a) She does not know her own mother.
(b) She does not believe in God.
(c) The name has a Biblical sound to it.
(d) She is jealous of Sarah.
12. What does she know he will continue to do?
(a) Depress her.
(b) Drift back to the place where she cannot reach him.
(c) Be in love with her.
(d) Annoy her.
13. What frightens him most?
(a) He will not know what he is doing.
(b) He will be different afterward.
(c) She will call the police.
(d) She will not like him.
14. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is more important to him than the present.
(c) It is not as important has the present.
(d) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
15. Despite their constant companionship, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She does not like Eliezer.
(b) She becomes more and more depressed.
(c) She feels lonely.
(d) She is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the accident?
2. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
3. What does she want him to promise?
4. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
5. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)