|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does it begin?
(a) A statement.
(b) An argument.
(c) A question.
(d) A kiss.
2. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He locks the door.
(b) He takes her hand in his.
(c) He kisses her gently.
(d) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
3. Where is our protagonist?
(a) In New York City before the war.
(b) In Paris after the war.
(c) In Kathleen's home.
(d) In a concentration camp.
4. How does Kathleen react?
(a) She cries.
(b) She walks away.
(c) She stares at the protagonist.
(d) She hugs the protagonist.
5. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is more important to him than the present.
(c) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
(d) It is not as important has the present.
6. When does this section take place?
(a) The morning of the surgery.
(b) One day after the accident.
(c) Two months after the accident.
(d) Four weeks after the accident.
7. What does she ask him when she catches him in such a moment?
(a) To leave.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Talk to a therapist.
(d) Where he was before.
8. When does the protagonist say this name?
(a) One month after the accident.
(b) The day of the accident.
(c) Two days after the accident.
(d) Right before the accident.
9. How does the doctor react to the story?
(a) He is very frustrated and does not understand.
(b) He is somewhat surprised.
(c) He is very angry.
(d) He is calm and understanding.
10. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
11. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
(a) If he wants to go to dinner.
(b) If he could read her a story.
(c) If he wants to make love.
(d) If he likes her.
12. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) He is now dating her.
(b) She is no longer coming to visit.
(c) How extraordinary she is.
(d) She is odd.
13. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He locks the door.
(b) He checks himself out in the mirror.
(c) He leaves the door unlocked.
(d) He goes into the bathroom.
14. Why does he decide to go with her?
(a) Her smile intrigues him.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He has nothing better to do.
(d) She is beautiful.
15. To what is this compared?
(a) Forgetting your family.
(b) Forgetting your own origin.
(c) Getting lost on a road.
(d) Wanting to go to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
2. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
3. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
4. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
5. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)