|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to him, after a while?
(a) He becomes embarrassed.
(b) He becomes interested in her.
(c) He wonders what has happened to Kathleen.
(d) He leaves.
2. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
(a) She says she does not.
(b) She does.
(c) She wants to know him.
(d) She thinks she knows him.
3. Where is he reading?
(a) The livingroom.
(b) In a cafe.
(c) A cell.
(d) A library.
4. What does the patient finally do?
(a) Hugs the doctor.
(b) Asks for Kathleen.
(c) Tells the doctor a story.
(d) Tells the doctor to leave.
5. Who is Sarah?
(a) The protagonist's sister.
(b) Th protagonist's wife.
(c) The protagonist's grandmother.
(d) The protagonist's mother.
6. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
(a) Kathleen no longer loves him.
(b) Their relationship has ended.
(c) He has grown weaker around Kathleen.
(d) Their time together is not helping Kathleen.
7. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(d) The doctor.
8. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(a) In an argument.
(b) No longer together.
9. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She puts her clothes back on.
(c) She takes off her clothes and lies down on the bed in her underwear.
(d) She begins to cry.
10. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Waiting to see the protagonist.
(b) Kissing the protagonist.
(c) Visting the protagonist.
(d) Arguing with the protagonist.
11. Why would this happen?
(a) He will be happy.
(b) The angel would ask him his name.
(c) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
(d) Jesus will sit by him.
12. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
(a) He looks into it.
(b) He threatens to break it.
(c) He holds it in her face.
(d) He cries.
13. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) She will hurt him.
(b) He will not know what to do.
(c) He will get into trouble.
(d) He will fall in love with her.
14. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
15. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To leave.
(b) To forget the past.
(c) To not forget the past.
(d) To forget her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
2. What does she want him to promise?
3. What does she know he will continue to do?
4. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
5. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)