|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he think about this question?
(a) He is not hungry.
(b) He is not sure why she wants a story read to her.
(c) People make love at night, not in the middle of the day.
(d) He thinks she is very pretty.
2. What does Kathleen ask Eliezer one night while they are in bed together?
(a) To forget the past.
(b) To forget her.
(c) To leave.
(d) To not forget the past.
3. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) His father.
(d) The cab company.
4. How long has it been since the accident?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A day.
5. What does she begin to do?
(a) Go out with other people.
(b) Drink too much.
(c) Find excuses not to see Eliezer.
(d) Cancel dates.
6. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) He will not go to heaven.
(b) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
(c) God will not know who he is.
(d) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
7. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is more important to him than the present.
(c) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
(d) It is not as important has the present.
8. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He locks the door.
(b) He goes into the bathroom.
(c) He leaves the door unlocked.
(d) He checks himself out in the mirror.
9. Where is our protagonist?
(a) In New York City before the war.
(b) In Paris after the war.
(c) In a concentration camp.
(d) In Kathleen's home.
10. What does a teacher tell him will happen three days after he has died?
(a) He will go to heaven.
(b) He will be in pergatory.
(c) He will be with Jesus.
(d) An angel would come to him.
11. How does he reply?
(a) He does not want to leave.
(b) He cannot forget his memories.
(c) He hates therapists.
(d) He was at the train station.
12. What happens to him, after a while?
(a) He wonders what has happened to Kathleen.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He becomes embarrassed.
(d) He becomes interested in her.
13. How does the doctor react to the story?
(a) He is very frustrated and does not understand.
(b) He is very angry.
(c) He is calm and understanding.
(d) He is somewhat surprised.
14. What frightens him most?
(a) He will not know what he is doing.
(b) She will not like him.
(c) She will call the police.
(d) He will be different afterward.
15. What does the patient finally do?
(a) Asks for Kathleen.
(b) Hugs the doctor.
(c) Tells the doctor a story.
(d) Tells the doctor to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she ask him when she catches him in such a moment?
2. What does the protagonist do?
3. What does she know he will continue to do?
4. Where do the two of them go out at night?
5. Who is Sarah?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)