|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She cries.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She does not want to hear any more.
(d) She likes the name Sarah.
2. What does she say when he asks her what is wrong?
(a) She does not know him.
(b) She pretends it is nothing.
(c) She has never done this before.
(d) She is afraid.
3. When does this section take place?
(a) One day after the accident.
(b) The morning of the surgery.
(c) Four weeks after the accident.
(d) Two months after the accident.
4. What does she know he will continue to do?
(a) Drift back to the place where she cannot reach him.
(b) Annoy her.
(c) Be in love with her.
(d) Depress her.
5. Where do the two of them go out at night?
(a) For walks.
(b) To concerts, the theatre, and dinner.
(c) To the symphony.
(d) To small cafes for coffee.
6. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
(a) He threatens to break it.
(b) He holds it in her face.
(c) He looks into it.
(d) He cries.
7. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) She is no longer coming to visit.
(b) How extraordinary she is.
(c) She is odd.
(d) He is now dating her.
8. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) He will get into trouble.
(b) He will not know what to do.
(c) She will hurt him.
(d) He will fall in love with her.
9. What does Eliezer go on to say?
(a) His mother abandoned him.
(b) He cannot find his mother.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) He does not know what happened to his mother.
10. Despite their constant companionship, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She feels lonely.
(b) She does not like Eliezer.
(c) She becomes more and more depressed.
(d) She is bored.
11. What does she want him to promise?
(a) He will not see her again.
(b) He will think only of her and her love.
(c) He will not return.
(d) He will not forget his grandmother.
12. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
(a) Say it.
(b) Show it.
(c) Force the words from his mouth.
13. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is not as important has the present.
(b) It is more important to him than the present.
(c) It is sad.
(d) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
14. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) He will not go to heaven.
(b) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
(c) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
(d) God will not know who he is.
15. Into what has his desire suddenly turned?
(c) The desire to leave.
(d) A strong need to understand her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to him, after a while?
2. With what does it begin?
3. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
4. How does Kathleen react?
5. When does he stop her?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)