|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what has his desire suddenly turned?
(a) A strong need to understand her.
(b) The desire to leave.
2. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) God will not know who he is.
(b) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
(c) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
(d) He will not go to heaven.
3. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Arguing with the protagonist.
(b) Kissing the protagonist.
(c) Visting the protagonist.
(d) Waiting to see the protagonist.
4. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
(a) Her sister's name is Sarah.
(b) She heard him say the name Sarah when he was in a coma.
(c) She has never heard this name before.
(d) She is jealous of Sarah.
5. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He goes into the bathroom.
(b) He checks himself out in the mirror.
(c) He leaves the door unlocked.
(d) He locks the door.
6. What does she begin to do?
(a) Cancel dates.
(b) Drink too much.
(c) Go out with other people.
(d) Find excuses not to see Eliezer.
7. What does she say when he asks her what is wrong?
(a) She does not know him.
(b) She has never done this before.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She pretends it is nothing.
8. To what is this compared?
(a) Forgetting your family.
(b) Wanting to go to hell.
(c) Forgetting your own origin.
(d) Getting lost on a road.
9. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
(a) She wants to leave.
(b) She does not care about him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She loves him.
10. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She likes the name Sarah.
(b) She does not want to hear any more.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She cries.
11. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
(a) She puts her clothes back on.
(b) She takes off her clothes and lies down on the bed in her underwear.
(c) She asks him to leave.
(d) She begins to cry.
12. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
13. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
(a) If he could read her a story.
(b) If he wants to make love.
(c) If he wants to go to dinner.
(d) If he likes her.
14. What does his teacher tell him to say?
(a) "My mother is Sarah."
(b) "I am Eliezer, son of Sarah."
(c) "My name is Eliezer."
(d) "I want to go to heaven."
15. How does the doctor react to the story?
(a) He is very frustrated and does not understand.
(b) He is very angry.
(c) He is calm and understanding.
(d) He is somewhat surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
2. When does this section take place?
3. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
4. Who is Sarah?
5. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)