|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the patient finally do?
(a) Tells the doctor a story.
(b) Hugs the doctor.
(c) Asks for Kathleen.
(d) Tells the doctor to leave.
2. Why is a young blonde woman with blue eyes watching him?
(a) She finds him intriguing.
(b) She is a spy.
(c) She wants to attract his attention.
(d) She knows him.
3. When does he stop her?
(a) Before she can say why she does not love him.
(b) Before she can say any more hurtful words.
(c) Before she can leave.
(d) Before she can say that she has loved him since the day they met.
4. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Arguing with the protagonist.
(b) Waiting to see the protagonist.
(c) Visting the protagonist.
(d) Kissing the protagonist.
5. What does she do when she senses his sudden change of heart?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She puts her clothes back on.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She takes off her clothes and lies down on the bed in her underwear.
6. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
(a) Force the words from his mouth.
(b) Show it.
(c) Say it.
7. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) She will hurt him.
(b) He will not know what to do.
(c) He will get into trouble.
(d) He will fall in love with her.
8. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
(a) He received no help at all from his patient.
(b) He had to do more invasive surgery.
(c) The patient had to be revived.
(d) The damage done to his body was not as extensive as first thought.
9. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
(a) She does not care about him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She wants to leave.
10. What does a teacher tell him will happen three days after he has died?
(a) He will go to heaven.
(b) He will be in pergatory.
(c) He will be with Jesus.
(d) An angel would come to him.
11. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He leaves the door unlocked.
(b) He goes into the bathroom.
(c) He checks himself out in the mirror.
(d) He locks the door.
12. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor is wealthy.
(b) The doctor is healthy.
(c) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
(d) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
13. How does he reply?
(a) He was at the train station.
(b) He cannot forget his memories.
(c) He hates therapists.
(d) He does not want to leave.
14. When does this section take place?
(a) Four weeks after the accident.
(b) The morning of the surgery.
(c) Two months after the accident.
(d) One day after the accident.
15. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
(a) The cab company will not sue him.
(b) The driver is okay.
(c) The driver does not have to suffer for the accident.
(d) He will live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
2. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
3. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
4. When does the protagonist say this name?
5. Where is he reading?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)