|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Arguing with the protagonist.
(b) Kissing the protagonist.
(c) Visting the protagonist.
(d) Waiting to see the protagonist.
2. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She likes the name Sarah.
(c) She cries.
(d) She does not want to hear any more.
3. Despite their constant companionship, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She does not like Eliezer.
(b) She feels lonely.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She becomes more and more depressed.
4. How long has it been since the accident?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
5. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
(a) She has inherited a fortune.
(b) Eliezer has paid for the room.
(c) Her marriage has ended.
(d) She likes posh New York City hotels.
6. What does she begin to do?
(a) Find excuses not to see Eliezer.
(b) Go out with other people.
(c) Cancel dates.
(d) Drink too much.
7. What does Kathleen know when he tells her he loves her?
(a) He is desperate.
(b) He means what he says.
(c) He is unsure how he feels.
(d) He does not.
8. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
(a) To forget one's own name.
(b) To not want to go to heaven.
(c) To get lost on one's way to heaven.
(d) To forget one's mother's name.
9. When does the protagonist say this name?
(a) Two days after the accident.
(b) The day of the accident.
(c) Right before the accident.
(d) One month after the accident.
10. With what does it begin?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A question.
(c) A statement.
(d) An argument.
11. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
12. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Keep his thoughts to himself.
13. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) She is odd.
(b) How extraordinary she is.
(c) She is no longer coming to visit.
(d) He is now dating her.
14. What does Eliezer go on to say?
(a) His mother abandoned him.
(b) He does not know what happened to his mother.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) He cannot find his mother.
15. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(a) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened, just as Eliezer feared?
2. What does she want him to promise?
3. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
4. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
5. What do they occasionally see?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)