|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does not want to hear any more.
(d) She likes the name Sarah.
2. Who is Sarah?
(a) Th protagonist's wife.
(b) The protagonist's mother.
(c) The protagonist's sister.
(d) The protagonist's grandmother.
3. How does Kathleen react?
(a) She stares at the protagonist.
(b) She cries.
(c) She walks away.
(d) She hugs the protagonist.
4. What does Kathleen tell Eliezer?
(a) She wants to leave.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She does not care about him.
5. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is more important to him than the present.
(b) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
(c) It is sad.
(d) It is not as important has the present.
6. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He kisses her gently.
(b) He takes her hand in his.
(c) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(d) He locks the door.
7. What do they occasionally see?
(a) A movie.
(c) A concert.
(d) Something that might have moved them once.
8. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
(a) Keep his thoughts to himself.
(c) Tell the truth.
9. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) She is no longer coming to visit.
(b) How extraordinary she is.
(c) She is odd.
(d) He is now dating her.
10. What does he know from movies he has seen?
(a) Men are supposed to kiss women before making love to them.
(b) He should call for roomservice.
(c) Men should make the first move.
(d) He should be passionate.
11. How does he reply?
(a) He hates therapists.
(b) He does not want to leave.
(c) He cannot forget his memories.
(d) He was at the train station.
12. What does she know he will continue to do?
(a) Annoy her.
(b) Drift back to the place where she cannot reach him.
(c) Be in love with her.
(d) Depress her.
13. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) He will not go to heaven.
(b) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
(c) God will not know who he is.
(d) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
14. To what is this compared?
(a) Forgetting your own origin.
(b) Wanting to go to hell.
(c) Getting lost on a road.
(d) Forgetting your family.
15. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
(a) Admiring the view from the hospital room.
(b) Talking about his treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kathleen doing?
2. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
3. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
4. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
5. What does Eliezer go on to say?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)