|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) He will get into trouble.
(b) She will hurt him.
(c) He will fall in love with her.
(d) He will not know what to do.
2. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
3. When does the protagonist say this name?
(a) Two days after the accident.
(b) One month after the accident.
(c) The day of the accident.
(d) Right before the accident.
4. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(b) In an argument.
(d) No longer together.
5. With what does it begin?
(a) An argument.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A statement.
(d) A question.
6. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(b) He takes her hand in his.
(c) He kisses her gently.
(d) He locks the door.
7. How long has it been since the accident?
(a) A year.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) A month.
8. What is significant about this point in the story?
(a) Kathleen does not want to hear any more of the protagonist's stories.
(b) The protagonist has finally told Kathleen everything.
(c) This is the first point in the novel where the protagonist is mentioned by name.
(d) Kathleen finally reacts to the protagonist's words.
9. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
(a) His mind will not listen.
(b) It is not possible for him to forget his grandmother.
(c) She will not let him in.
(d) He loves her.
10. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He goes into the bathroom.
(b) He locks the door.
(c) He leaves the door unlocked.
(d) He checks himself out in the mirror.
11. What happens to him, after a while?
(a) He becomes interested in her.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He becomes embarrassed.
(d) He wonders what has happened to Kathleen.
12. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
(a) The cab company.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) His father.
13. To what is this compared?
(a) Wanting to go to hell.
(b) Forgetting your own origin.
(c) Forgetting your family.
(d) Getting lost on a road.
14. What does he see when he looks into her eyes?
(c) The same look he might see in a frightened animal.
15. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(c) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
2. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
3. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
4. How does he reply?
5. What does she know he will continue to do?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)