|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
(b) Keep his thoughts to himself.
(d) Tell the truth.
2. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) She is no longer coming to visit.
(b) She is odd.
(c) He is now dating her.
(d) How extraordinary she is.
3. What is her response when he tells her he has no money?
(a) It is okay because he can pay her another time.
(b) He needs to get money.
(c) She leaves him.
(d) She tells him the first time is free.
4. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
(a) To not want to go to heaven.
(b) To forget one's mother's name.
(c) To forget one's own name.
(d) To get lost on one's way to heaven.
5. Why does she respond this way?
(a) The name has a Biblical sound to it.
(b) She does not believe in God.
(c) She is jealous of Sarah.
(d) She does not know her own mother.
6. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
(a) The doctor believes death is not the only enemy.
(b) The doctor is healthy.
(c) The doctor is wealthy.
(d) The doctor sees death as the only enemy.
7. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
(a) The cab company will not sue him.
(b) He will live.
(c) The driver is okay.
(d) The driver does not have to suffer for the accident.
8. What does she tell him she has found?
(a) A new apartment.
(b) Something he dropped in the street.
(c) Better doctors.
(d) A new lawyer to sue the cab company.
9. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
(a) His father.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The cab company.
(d) The doctor.
10. Where do the two of them go out at night?
(a) To small cafes for coffee.
(b) To the symphony.
(c) To concerts, the theatre, and dinner.
(d) For walks.
11. Of what is he also afraid?
(a) He will not know what to do.
(b) He will get into trouble.
(c) He will fall in love with her.
(d) She will hurt him.
12. What has Dr. Russel made a habit?
(a) To visit with the protagonist each morning.
(b) Sending other doctors in to talk to his patient.
(c) Having dinner with Kathleen.
(d) To visit with the protagonist each evening.
13. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He leaves the door unlocked.
(b) He locks the door.
(c) He goes into the bathroom.
(d) He checks himself out in the mirror.
14. What does the patient finally do?
(a) Hugs the doctor.
(b) Asks for Kathleen.
(c) Tells the doctor to leave.
(d) Tells the doctor a story.
15. What will Kathleen not stop doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit just before Kathleen arrives?
2. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
3. What do they occasionally see?
4. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
5. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)