|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
(a) Force the words from his mouth.
(b) Show it.
(c) Say it.
2. With what is the protagonist suddenly gripped?
3. Why would this happen?
(a) The angel would ask him his name.
(b) He will wait until he can go to heaven.
(c) He will be happy.
(d) Jesus will sit by him.
4. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
(a) His mind will not listen.
(b) He loves her.
(c) It is not possible for him to forget his grandmother.
(d) She will not let him in.
5. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(b) He kisses her gently.
(c) He takes her hand in his.
(d) He locks the door.
6. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
(a) She is more confident.
(b) He has transformed her.
(c) She has become stronger.
(d) He has been transformed.
7. What does she ask him when she catches him in such a moment?
(a) Forget the past.
(b) Talk to a therapist.
(c) Where he was before.
(d) To leave.
8. What does he think about this question?
(a) He thinks she is very pretty.
(b) People make love at night, not in the middle of the day.
(c) He is not hungry.
(d) He is not sure why she wants a story read to her.
9. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
(a) It is not as important has the present.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is more important to him than the present.
(d) It should stay in the past and not bother his future.
10. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She does not want to hear any more.
(b) She cries.
(c) She likes the name Sarah.
(d) She is surprised.
11. What does she want him to promise?
(a) He will think only of her and her love.
(b) He will not forget his grandmother.
(c) He will not return.
(d) He will not see her again.
12. Why does she respond this way?
(a) The name has a Biblical sound to it.
(b) She does not believe in God.
(c) She is jealous of Sarah.
(d) She does not know her own mother.
13. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
(a) She thinks she knows him.
(b) She does.
(c) She wants to know him.
(d) She says she does not.
14. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(c) In an argument.
(d) No longer together.
15. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
(a) The cab company will not sue him.
(b) The driver does not have to suffer for the accident.
(c) The driver is okay.
(d) He will live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about this point in the story?
2. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
3. To what is this compared?
4. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
5. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)