|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the two of them go out at night?
(a) To concerts, the theatre, and dinner.
(b) For walks.
(c) To the symphony.
(d) To small cafes for coffee.
2. When does this section take place?
(a) One day after the accident.
(b) Four weeks after the accident.
(c) The morning of the surgery.
(d) Two months after the accident.
3. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
(a) The cab company will not sue him.
(b) The driver does not have to suffer for the accident.
(c) The driver is okay.
(d) He will live.
4. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(b) The doctor.
5. What does he think about this question?
(a) He is not hungry.
(b) He is not sure why she wants a story read to her.
(c) He thinks she is very pretty.
(d) People make love at night, not in the middle of the day.
6. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
(a) "I live because of you."
(b) "You want to know who I am, truly? I don't know myself."
(c) "You are the best man I have ever met."
(d) "Why did you save me?"
7. What happens If he forgets to do this?
(a) His mother will not be able to find him in heaven.
(b) God will not know who he is.
(c) He will not go to heaven.
(d) His spirit will be condemned to wander forever in chaos.
8. What does he do when the nurse hands him a mirror?
(a) He threatens to break it.
(b) He holds it in her face.
(c) He looks into it.
(d) He cries.
9. What does a teacher tell him will happen three days after he has died?
(a) An angel would come to him.
(b) He will be with Jesus.
(c) He will be in pergatory.
(d) He will go to heaven.
10. What does Kathleen know when he says he will?
(a) It is not possible for him to forget his grandmother.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She will not let him in.
(d) His mind will not listen.
11. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Arguing with the protagonist.
(b) Kissing the protagonist.
(c) Waiting to see the protagonist.
(d) Visting the protagonist.
12. How are Kathleen and Eliezer?
(b) In an argument.
(c) No longer together.
13. How does the doctor react to the story?
(a) He is very angry.
(b) He is very frustrated and does not understand.
(c) He is somewhat surprised.
(d) He is calm and understanding.
14. What does his teacher tell him to say?
(a) "I am Eliezer, son of Sarah."
(b) "My name is Eliezer."
(c) "My mother is Sarah."
(d) "I want to go to heaven."
15. What does Kathleen know when he tells her he loves her?
(a) He means what he says.
(b) He does not.
(c) He is unsure how he feels.
(d) He is desperate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he reply?
2. What does Eliezer feel about his past?
3. Where is our protagonist?
4. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
5. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)