|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kathleen doing?
(a) Waiting to see the protagonist.
(b) Visting the protagonist.
(c) Kissing the protagonist.
(d) Arguing with the protagonist.
2. What does she know he will continue to do?
(a) Drift back to the place where she cannot reach him.
(b) Annoy her.
(c) Be in love with her.
(d) Depress her.
3. Why is Kathleen staying in a posh hotel in New York City?
(a) She likes posh New York City hotels.
(b) Eliezer has paid for the room.
(c) She has inherited a fortune.
(d) Her marriage has ended.
4. What does the protagonist do?
(a) He moves to her and roughly pulls her toward him, and then he kisses her.
(b) He takes her hand in his.
(c) He kisses her gently.
(d) He locks the door.
5. What is Kathleen's response to this story?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She cries.
(c) She likes the name Sarah.
(d) She does not want to hear any more.
6. What is the result of Kathleen trying to change him?
(a) He has been transformed.
(b) She has become stronger.
(c) He has transformed her.
(d) She is more confident.
7. If he truly loved her, what would he not have to do?
(a) Force the words from his mouth.
(b) Show it.
(d) Say it.
8. What does a teacher tell him will happen three days after he has died?
(a) He will be in pergatory.
(b) He will go to heaven.
(c) An angel would come to him.
(d) He will be with Jesus.
9. What does she tell him she has found?
(a) Something he dropped in the street.
(b) A new apartment.
(c) Better doctors.
(d) A new lawyer to sue the cab company.
10. What does the doctor say about Kathleen?
(a) She is no longer coming to visit.
(b) He is now dating her.
(c) How extraordinary she is.
(d) She is odd.
11. What does the teacher tell him is a serious thing?
(a) To forget one's own name.
(b) To not want to go to heaven.
(c) To forget one's mother's name.
(d) To get lost on one's way to heaven.
12. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
(a) Admiring the view from the hospital room.
(d) Talking about his treatment.
13. What is significant about this point in the story?
(a) Kathleen does not want to hear any more of the protagonist's stories.
(b) This is the first point in the novel where the protagonist is mentioned by name.
(c) The protagonist has finally told Kathleen everything.
(d) Kathleen finally reacts to the protagonist's words.
14. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
(b) Tell the truth.
(d) Keep his thoughts to himself.
15. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
(a) The cab company will not sue him.
(b) The driver does not have to suffer for the accident.
(c) The driver is okay.
(d) He will live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she begin to do?
2. What does the doctor tell the protagonist took place during the surgery?
3. What does the protagonist want to say to the doctor?
4. What does his teacher tell him to say?
5. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)