|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse give the patient?
(a) A hug.
(d) Two injections.
2. Who is Shimon on his way to meet?
(a) A woman named Halina.
(c) The protagonist.
(d) His new boss.
3. Leaving the meal uneaten, what do the protagonist and Kathleen discuss?
(a) The time.
(b) The protagonist's inability to eat meat.
(c) Where they should go next.
(d) Where to find a better meal.
4. What happens when his pleas for mercy go unheard?
(a) He is shot by the Nazis.
(b) The young boy finds the same man hanging from the rafters of the barracks.
(c) The man is escorted out of the prison camp.
(d) The boy tells him to run for his life.
5. Why can he not have a drink?
(a) He is on IVs.
(b) He is about to go into surgery.
(c) It will make him vomit.
(d) There is no water available.
6. What does Halina do?
(a) Turns to walk the other way.
(b) Taps Kathleen on the shoulder.
(c) Calls Kathleen over.
(d) Ignores Kathleen.
7. What is Kathleen determined to see?
(a) Her family.
(b) The city skyline.
(c) The protagonist eat a meal.
(d) The Brothers Karamazov.
8. What does he begin to tell the stranger?
(a) He wants to jump in the water.
(b) The story of his life.
(c) He does not want to dance.
(d) He does not want to talk.
9. When does Halina stop him?
(a) Just before he crosses the street.
(b) Just as he hails a cab.
(c) Just as he is walking into a restaurant.
(d) Just as she notices another woman.
10. Of what does he tell her that he will dream?
(d) His grandmother.
11. What does he tell the nurse that he wants an injection to take away?
(a) His memories.
(b) His life.
(c) His thirst.
(d) His pain.
12. What happens after he asks the doctor to show her in?
(a) He tells her of the memory of his grandmother.
(b) She does not enter.
(c) They speak for just a moment.
(d) They talk for many hours.
13. How are strangers like stars?
(a) They will guide you.
(b) The are famous.
(c) They are not committed to you.
(d) There are many of them.
14. Who holds the protagonist and sobs in his memory?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
15. What is the nurse's response?
(a) He is very sweet to think of her.
(b) His grandmother will help him heal.
(c) She will give him a shot against his dreams.
(d) That is very sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the stranger surprise him?
2. What is before them?
3. How does this section begin?
4. Why does he feel this way when he eats the hamburger?
5. What does the main character think is impossible to find?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)