|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is the protagonist?
(a) His girlfriend, Kathleen.
(b) His friend, Shimon Yanai.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Eventually, what does the protagonist come to realize?
(a) The stranger wants to push him in the water.
(b) The stranger is very odd.
(c) It is safe to speak to the stranger.
(d) The stranger is just like him.
3. What happens while the protagonist is standing at an intersection?
(a) He jumps in front of a cab.
(b) He is shot in a drive-by shooting.
(c) A cab plows into him and drags him several feet.
(d) He hails a cab.
4. What is the nurse's response?
(a) That is very sweet.
(b) He is very sweet to think of her.
(c) She will give him a shot against his dreams.
(d) His grandmother will help him heal.
5. What does he want to do?
(a) See the city skyline.
(b) Go home.
(c) See a mystery.
(d) Go to nicer restaurant.
6. What does the nurse give the patient?
(c) Two injections.
(d) A hug.
7. What horrifies the boy?
(a) The thought of God's Son dying for us.
(b) The thought of God being immortal.
(c) The thought that God has already died.
(d) The thought of God being buried alive.
8. What happens when his pleas for mercy go unheard?
(a) He is shot by the Nazis.
(b) The young boy finds the same man hanging from the rafters of the barracks.
(c) The boy tells him to run for his life.
(d) The man is escorted out of the prison camp.
9. What has happened to this person at the box office?
(a) He is surprised and happy to see Kathleen and the protagonist together.
(b) He is going to see a movie.
(c) He has been quickly and casually dismissed.
(d) She is excited for the protagonist.
10. What do the two of them do without talking?
(a) Stare at each other.
(b) Sit on a bench.
(c) Watch a movie.
(d) Walk for some time.
11. What does the protagonist tell the stranger?
(b) A little bit about his life.
(c) Everything about his childhood, his grandmother, his teacher, and his dreams.
(d) His life in recent years.
12. What should one not look at too long?
(a) The sea.
(b) The dark.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their souls.
13. What happens as Kathleen and her boyfriend attempt to eat a hamburger?
(a) He finds himself disgusted by the smell of the meat.
(b) She finds herself disgusted by the smell of the meat.
(c) She does not let him have any of it.
(d) He eats the entire thing.
14. What does the protagonist do when Kathleen attempts to start a conversation?
(a) He cuts her off.
(b) He joins in the conversation.
(c) He listens to her.
(d) He stops her.
15. Why can he not have a drink?
(a) He is on IVs.
(b) It will make him vomit.
(c) There is no water available.
(d) He is about to go into surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is THE ACCIDENT?
2. From what does the protagonist awaken?
3. What does the man not look up to see?
4. What experience does the stranger relate to him?
5. What is the protagonist standing alone doing?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)