Short Answer Key
1. What is THE ACCIDENT?
The story of a Holocaust survivor struggling to adjust to life after World War II.
2. The main character is _______________ whose own experiences during the holocaust have left him, like many others, with a strong sense of despair and self-loathing.
3. What does the main character think is impossible to find?
Any satisfaction in life.
4. Despite the efforts of his girlfriend and others, what does the main character find himself doing?
Withdrawing from life.
5. The title of the novel refers to what type of accident?
6. What has this accident set off?
A series of memories.
7. With what does he grapple?
His urge to end his life while simultaneously recovering from a near-death experience.
8. What is the original French title of the book?
"Le Jour (Day)."
9. In the first section of the...
This section contains 2,511 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)