|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this section begin?
(a) On a cold and snowy day in London.
(b) On a warm, still night in New York.
(c) On a cool fall Chicago night.
(d) On a cold and windy Paris night.
2. What does the protagonist do when he and the girl go to her room?
(a) He goes into the bathroom.
(b) He checks himself out in the mirror.
(c) He locks the door.
(d) He leaves the door unlocked.
3. What does Gyula say when he comes to see Eliezer during one of his last days in the hospital?
(a) The portrait is finished.
(b) He no longer wants to be his friend.
(c) The portrait will never be finished.
(d) He is tired of painting.
4. Some time later, what does the protagonist recall for what the same man is pleading?
(a) A new hamburger.
(b) Another meal.
(c) A chance to serve in a restaurant.
(d) His life with the people who share his barracks.
5. Where is our protagonist?
(a) In Paris after the war.
(b) In Kathleen's home.
(c) In New York City before the war.
(d) In a concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is he reading?
2. Why would this happen?
3. What does the stranger recall?
4. What does Eliezer realize consciously, perhaps for the first time, when he sees the portrait?
5. What does he know from movies he has seen?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)