|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(c) The doctor.
2. What is her response when he finally asks her if she knows him?
(a) She says she does not.
(b) She wants to know him.
(c) She thinks she knows him.
(d) She does.
3. What does the protagonist do when Kathleen attempts to start a conversation?
(a) He cuts her off.
(b) He stops her.
(c) He joins in the conversation.
(d) He listens to her.
4. Of what does he tell her that he will dream?
(b) His grandmother.
5. What causes him to think about his grandmother in this way?
(a) The darkness of his room.
(b) The small closet by his bed.
(c) He believes he will die soon.
(d) When the doctor tells him he is thirsty due a fever from an infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
2. What is the protagonist standing alone doing?
3. Why does he feel this way when he eats the hamburger?
4. How does Gyula respond when Eliezer asks Gyula why he put the dead in the eyes of his portrait?
5. What is the original French title of the book?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)