|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when she is also crying out for water?
(a) She will vomit if she has water.
(b) She must go searching for water.
(c) Nobody is there to quench her thirst.
(d) He gives her water.
2. To whom does the protagonist tell this story?
(c) The doctor.
3. What do they occasionally see?
(a) A movie.
(c) Something that might have moved them once.
(d) A concert.
4. What happens while the protagonist is standing at an intersection?
(a) He jumps in front of a cab.
(b) He hails a cab.
(c) He is shot in a drive-by shooting.
(d) A cab plows into him and drags him several feet.
5. Where does his mind wander?
(a) To his friends.
(b) To Kathleen's former date.
(c) To the first time he met Kathleen.
(d) To a conversation with his grandmother when he is a young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the protagonist want to make sure?
2. What does she ask him after she moves closer and sits down with him?
3. Despite their constant companionship, what happens to Kathleen?
4. Despite the efforts of his girlfriend and others, what does the main character find himself doing?
5. What do the doctor and the protagonist spend a few moments doing?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)