|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is he unable to explain to his father about the stolen money?
(a) He feels guilty telling his father he stole it for him.
(b) He feels guilt because his own parents are alive.
(c) He is desperately in need of money.
(d) He likes to steal money.
2. Why does he feel this way when he eats the hamburger?
(a) It is so delicious.
(b) It reminds him of a much earlier time.
(c) It reminds him of his childhood.
(d) He is so hungry.
3. Eventually, what does the protagonist come to realize?
(a) The stranger is just like him.
(b) The stranger is very odd.
(c) The stranger wants to push him in the water.
(d) It is safe to speak to the stranger.
4. What does the stranger never do?
(a) Listen to his story.
(c) Stop the protagonist or ask for clarification.
(d) Stop talking.
5. Who is Sarah?
(a) The protagonist's mother.
(b) The protagonist's grandmother.
(c) The protagonist's sister.
(d) Th protagonist's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor believe is the difference between him and the protagonist?
2. Who arrives to question the protagonist?
3. In the first section of the novel, where is the protagonist with his girlfriend, Kathleen?
4. Why does she ask him to tell her about himself?
5. Why does Kathleen wonder about the identity of Sarah?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)