|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does she ask him to tell her about himself?
(a) She wants to know him.
(b) She does not want to talk.
(c) She wants to find out what is wrong with him.
(d) She likes to hear his voice.
2. What does the protagonist remember just as the doctor tells him that "she" is waiting outside?
(a) Her hot tears running down his arms.
(b) His teacher's words.
(c) The look on his father's face.
(d) His friend's hug.
3. What horrifies the boy?
(a) The thought of God being immortal.
(b) The thought that God has already died.
(c) The thought of God being buried alive.
(d) The thought of God's Son dying for us.
4. What happens moments later?
(a) The protagonist is hit by a cab.
(b) The protagonist and Kathleen say goodbye to each other.
(c) The protagonist and Kathleen are walking along the Seine together.
(d) The protagonist invites Kathleen to dinner.
5. What is the original French title of the book?
(a) "L'Accident (Accident)."
(b) "Le Jour (Day)."
(c) "La Nuit (Night)."
(d) "Le Soir (Evening)."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grandmother say when the young boy asks when God dies?
2. What does he want to do?
3. What happens while the protagonist is standing at an intersection?
4. Why does he believe his grandmother is waiting outside?
5. What does the protagonist suddenly feel a strong desire to do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)