|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is before them?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Two cups.
(c) The movie screen.
(d) The hamburgers.
2. When does Halina stop him?
(a) Just before he crosses the street.
(b) Just as she notices another woman.
(c) Just as he is walking into a restaurant.
(d) Just as he hails a cab.
3. What happens moments later?
(a) The protagonist and Kathleen say goodbye to each other.
(b) The protagonist is hit by a cab.
(c) The protagonist invites Kathleen to dinner.
(d) The protagonist and Kathleen are walking along the Seine together.
4. What does the main character think is impossible to find?
(a) A cure for cancer.
(b) His family.
(c) A place to call home.
(d) Any satisfaction in life.
5. When does the protagonist realize it is not his grandmother waiting for him?
(a) When he hears Kathleen's voice.
(b) When the stranger walks in the room.
(c) When he remembers his grandmother is dead.
(d) When the doctor mentions Kathleen by name.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the protagonist's silent reverie broken?
2. From what does the protagonist awaken?
3. To whom does he run?
4. What does Kathleen try to convince him to do?
5. What does the protagonist vow?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)