|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the protagonist realize it is not his grandmother waiting for him?
(a) When the doctor mentions Kathleen by name.
(b) When the stranger walks in the room.
(c) When he hears Kathleen's voice.
(d) When he remembers his grandmother is dead.
2. What causes him to think about his grandmother in this way?
(a) He believes he will die soon.
(b) The small closet by his bed.
(c) When the doctor tells him he is thirsty due a fever from an infection.
(d) The darkness of his room.
3. What is causing this insatiable thirst?
(a) His memory of his grandmother.
(b) He has not had water in over twenty-four hours.
(c) The medication in the IVs.
(d) An intense fever due to an infection.
4. What does Halina do?
(a) Taps Kathleen on the shoulder.
(b) Calls Kathleen over.
(c) Turns to walk the other way.
(d) Ignores Kathleen.
5. Of what does he tell her that he will dream?
(a) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, what does the protagonist come to realize?
2. What does he want to do?
3. What happens while the protagonist is standing at an intersection?
4. In the first section of the novel, where is the protagonist with his girlfriend, Kathleen?
5. What is odd about the protagonist's comment about already knowing Kathleen?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)