|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is he troubled?
(a) Ditching his friends.
(b) Kathleen's ability to forget her first date.
(c) The concept of death.
(d) This first date with Kathleen.
2. What does Shimon convince the protagonist to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Date Halina.
(c) Accompany him.
(d) Go in his stead.
3. The main character is _______________ whose own experiences during the holocaust have left him, like many others, with a strong sense of despair and self-loathing.
(a) A journalist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A scientist.
4. What is this person waiting to do?
(a) Leave the protagonist.
(b) Give the protagonist more medication.
(c) Talk to the doctor.
(d) See the protagonist.
5. Where does his mind wander?
(a) To the first time he met Kathleen.
(b) To a conversation with his grandmother when he is a young boy.
(c) To his friends.
(d) To Kathleen's former date.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does he run?
2. What does the nurse give the patient?
3. The title of the novel refers to what type of accident?
4. Why does Kathleen convince him to do this?
5. Leaving the meal uneaten, what do the protagonist and Kathleen discuss?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)