|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man in the concentration camp try to justify his actions?
(a) He likes meat.
(b) Says that the person he ate was already dead.
(c) There was nothing else to eat.
(d) He will share.
2. Why does the protagonist make an excuse to leave?
(a) He is not interested in Kathleen.
(b) He is anxious to escape conversation.
(c) He does not like Halina.
(d) He is not feeling well.
3. Who holds the protagonist and sobs in his memory?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His friend.
(d) His grandmother.
4. Into what does he see his grandmother crammed?
(a) A too-tight space with too many other bodies.
(b) A closet.
(c) A grave.
(d) A coffin.
5. What happens after he asks the doctor to show her in?
(a) They speak for just a moment.
(b) He tells her of the memory of his grandmother.
(c) She does not enter.
(d) They talk for many hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist vow?
2. Who does Shimon see, with whom he is already acquainted?
3. What does he want to do?
4. Why does Kathleen convince him to do this?
5. He notices the passersby, and what does he remark to himself?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)