|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the protagonist's comment about already knowing Kathleen?
(a) He and Kathleen have never met.
(b) He has only met her once before.
(c) Kathleen does not seem to recognize him.
(d) They have not seen each other in over twenty years.
2. What does Shimon convince the protagonist to do?
(a) Accompany him.
(b) Date Halina.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go in his stead.
3. In the first section of the novel, where is the protagonist with his girlfriend, Kathleen?
(d) New York City.
4. What is the original French title of the book?
(a) "La Nuit (Night)."
(b) "Le Soir (Evening)."
(c) "L'Accident (Accident)."
(d) "Le Jour (Day)."
5. What does the main character think is impossible to find?
(a) A place to call home.
(b) Any satisfaction in life.
(c) A cure for cancer.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist vow?
2. What horrifies the boy?
3. What does the man not look up to see?
4. He notices the passersby, and what does he remark to himself?
5. Who has Kathleen left standing at the box office?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)