|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does he grapple?
(a) His desire to end the war he has just begun.
(b) His urge to turn off the alarm, yet keep it ringing.
(c) His desire to tell the police not to come.
(d) His urge to end his life while simultaneously recovering from a near-death experience.
2. He notices the passersby, and what does he remark to himself?
(a) How beautiful they are.
(b) Where they are all headed.
(c) How haggard everybody looks.
(d) How he wishes he could be so content.
3. Who has Kathleen left standing at the box office?
(a) The protagonist.
(c) Her original date.
4. The title of the novel refers to what type of accident?
5. What does the main character think is impossible to find?
(a) A cure for cancer.
(b) His family.
(c) A place to call home.
(d) Any satisfaction in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Halina stop him?
2. Where does his mind wander?
3. What happens while the protagonist is standing at an intersection?
4. What has happened to this person at the box office?
5. What do the two of them do without talking?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)