|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist tell the stranger?
(a) Everything about his childhood, his grandmother, his teacher, and his dreams.
(c) A little bit about his life.
(d) His life in recent years.
2. Why does he believe his grandmother is waiting outside?
(a) He can see her in the doorway.
(b) He is trapped between the past and the present.
(c) He thinks he hears her voice.
(d) The doctor tells him his grandmother is outside.
3. How does the man in the concentration camp try to justify his actions?
(a) Says that the person he ate was already dead.
(b) He likes meat.
(c) There was nothing else to eat.
(d) He will share.
4. Who is Sarah?
(a) Th protagonist's wife.
(b) The protagonist's grandmother.
(c) The protagonist's sister.
(d) The protagonist's mother.
5. What is happening in his memory of the concentration camp?
(a) The Nazis are eating a delicious steak dinner.
(b) The Nazis are taunting him with food.
(c) A man is eating a large chunk of raw meat.
(d) A man gives him his dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor react to the story?
2. What does the protagonist suddenly feel a strong desire to do?
3. What does his teacher tell him to say?
4. Who is Shimon on his way to meet?
5. Where does his mind wander?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)