|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds the protagonist and sobs in his memory?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His friend.
2. What does Shimon convince the protagonist to do?
(a) Date Halina.
(b) Accompany him.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go in his stead.
3. In the first section of the novel, where is the protagonist with his girlfriend, Kathleen?
(d) New York City.
4. What does the protagonist suddenly feel a strong desire to do?
(a) See his grandmother.
(b) Tell the doctor the story of his grandmother.
(d) Go home.
5. What has this accident set off?
(a) An alarm.
(b) The police.
(c) A war.
(d) A series of memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this section begin?
2. Who is Shimon on his way to meet?
3. What does the protagonist do when Kathleen attempts to start a conversation?
4. When he says nothing, what does his father do?
5. Why does he believe his grandmother is waiting outside?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)