|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halina do?
(a) Turns to walk the other way.
(b) Ignores Kathleen.
(c) Taps Kathleen on the shoulder.
(d) Calls Kathleen over.
2. What is the nurse's response?
(a) He is very sweet to think of her.
(b) She will give him a shot against his dreams.
(c) His grandmother will help him heal.
(d) That is very sweet.
3. With whom is the protagonist?
(a) His girlfriend, Kathleen.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend, Shimon Yanai.
4. Why does Halina do this?
(a) To introduce Kathleen to the protagonist.
(b) She wants to say hello to Kathleen.
(c) She does not like Kathleen.
(d) She does not want to bother Kathleen on her date.
5. What does the nurse give the patient?
(a) A hug.
(c) Two injections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two of them do without talking?
2. What has this accident set off?
3. The main character is _______________ whose own experiences during the holocaust have left him, like many others, with a strong sense of despair and self-loathing.
4. To whom does he run?
5. Despite the efforts of his girlfriend and others, what does the main character find himself doing?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)