|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does he believe his grandmother is waiting outside?
(a) He is trapped between the past and the present.
(b) The doctor tells him his grandmother is outside.
(c) He can see her in the doorway.
(d) He thinks he hears her voice.
2. What is the original French title of the book?
(a) "Le Jour (Day)."
(b) "L'Accident (Accident)."
(c) "Le Soir (Evening)."
(d) "La Nuit (Night)."
3. Who has Kathleen left standing at the box office?
(a) Her original date.
(c) The protagonist.
4. Despite the efforts of his girlfriend and others, what does the main character find himself doing?
(a) Becoming bored.
(b) Wanting new friends.
(c) Moving from city to city.
(d) Withdrawing from life.
5. What happens when his pleas for mercy go unheard?
(a) The boy tells him to run for his life.
(b) The man is escorted out of the prison camp.
(c) The young boy finds the same man hanging from the rafters of the barracks.
(d) He is shot by the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kathleen convince him to do this?
2. What does Shimon convince the protagonist to do?
3. What causes him to think about his grandmother in this way?
4. Why does he feel this way when he eats the hamburger?
5. With whom is the protagonist?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)