|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does he believe his grandmother is waiting outside?
(a) The doctor tells him his grandmother is outside.
(b) He thinks he hears her voice.
(c) He is trapped between the past and the present.
(d) He can see her in the doorway.
2. What has Dr. Russel made a habit?
(a) To visit with the protagonist each morning.
(b) Having dinner with Kathleen.
(c) Sending other doctors in to talk to his patient.
(d) To visit with the protagonist each evening.
3. What has the protagonist learned to do well?
(a) Keep his thoughts to himself.
(c) Tell the truth.
4. Despite the efforts of his girlfriend and others, what does the main character find himself doing?
(a) Withdrawing from life.
(b) Wanting new friends.
(c) Moving from city to city.
(d) Becoming bored.
5. What causes him to think about his grandmother in this way?
(a) When the doctor tells him he is thirsty due a fever from an infection.
(b) He believes he will die soon.
(c) The small closet by his bed.
(d) The darkness of his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nurse's response?
2. What does she tell him she has found?
3. What happens between Kathleen and the protagonist?
4. Why does she ask him to tell her about himself?
5. What happens as Kathleen and her boyfriend attempt to eat a hamburger?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)