|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Charles Bon's son after his mother dies?
2. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
3. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
4. Who is the letter in Chapter 6 from?
5. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Thomas Sutpen could be interpreted as a sympathetic character. Who in the novel views Supten sympathetically? Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways can the novel be interpreted as Quentin's story rather than Thomas Sutpen's story? Be sure to use specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Clytie chose to stay at Sutpen's Hundred her entire life, and why she remained loyalty to her family until the end. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)