|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
2. Why does Shreve believe Charles changed the pictures?
3. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
4. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
5. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Quentin changes over the course of the novel and explain how and why. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationships between Charles and Henry, Henry and Judith, and Charles and Judith.
Essay Topic 3
Does the novel put forth a commentary about fate? If so, what is it? Please provide specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)