|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Charles Bon's son after his mother dies?
2. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
3. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
4. When Quentin goes to Sutpen's Hundred with Rosa, who tries to stop them from going up the stairs?
5. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the novel put forth a commentary about fate? If so, what is it? Please provide specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The novel closes with Quentin insisting that he does not hate the South. Does he? Why or why not? Support your answer with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Jason Compson is one of the primary tellers of the Sutpen story. What is Jason Compson's role in this novel, in reader interpretation of the novel, and in Quentin's attitudes about the South?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)