|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
2. What is the name of the woman who Sutpen impregnates after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
3. What is the name of Charles and Henry's company during the war?
4. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
5. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are children in this novel punished for what their parents have done? Is this punishment intended to be a larger commentary? If so, of what? Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways can the novel be interpreted as Quentin's story rather than Thomas Sutpen's story? Be sure to use specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship between Henry and Bon to the relationship between Quentin and Shreve.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)