|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
2. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
3. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe managed Sutpen's first wife's money?
4. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
5. Who is the letter in Chapter 6 from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can the fall of the Sutpen family be compared to the fall of the South? What is the relationship between the two declines?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationships between Charles and Henry, Henry and Judith, and Charles and Judith.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different narrative techniques used in the novel and what their effects are on reader interpretation. How much of the novel is factual and how much is speculation?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)