|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
2. How does Charles Bon's son die?
3. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
4. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
5. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Faulkner uses characters' clothing to characterize them throughout the novel. Pick a specific character and comment on the evolution of that character's dress throughout the novel and what that evolution means about that character.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the protagonist of _Absalom, Absalom_? Who is the antagonist? Give reasons from the text to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways can _Absalom, Absalom!_ be considered a revenge story? Please provide specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)