|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
2. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
3. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
4. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Henry did after his final meeting with his father?
5. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Quentin changes over the course of the novel and explain how and why. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one female character in the novel and describe her role in the text, how she is characterized, and what that role and characterization reveal about the novel's attitude toward women.
Essay Topic 3
Who is the protagonist of _Absalom, Absalom_? Who is the antagonist? Give reasons from the text to support your claims.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)