|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
2. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Henry did after his final meeting with his father?
3. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
4. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe managed Sutpen's first wife's money?
5. What is the setting of Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sutpen's final child is born, he refers to her as a "mare." How can this comparison between horses and women apply to the way all of the women in the novel are treated and viewed?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one female character in the novel and describe her role in the text, how she is characterized, and what that role and characterization reveal about the novel's attitude toward women.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways can the novel be interpreted as Quentin's story rather than Thomas Sutpen's story? Be sure to use specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)