|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
2. What is the setting of Chapter 6?
3. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
4. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
5. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship between Henry and Bon to the relationship between Quentin and Shreve.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Clytie chose to stay at Sutpen's Hundred her entire life, and why she remained loyalty to her family until the end. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Pick one female character in the novel and describe her role in the text, how she is characterized, and what that role and characterization reveal about the novel's attitude toward women.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)