|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
2. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
3. How does Quentin know about Thomas Sutpen's childhood?
4. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
5. Who is the primary subject of discussion in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Clytie chose to stay at Sutpen's Hundred her entire life, and why she remained loyalty to her family until the end. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Point to cases of irony in the novel. What is the role of irony in the novel? How does the irony in the novel contribute to our understanding of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways can _Absalom, Absalom!_ be considered a revenge story? Please provide specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)