|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
2. Where does Rosa live after leaving Sutpen's estate?
3. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
4. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
5. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Clytie chose to stay at Sutpen's Hundred her entire life, and why she remained loyalty to her family until the end. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Thomas Sutpen could be interpreted as a sympathetic character. Who in the novel views Supten sympathetically? Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Quentin changes over the course of the novel and explain how and why. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)