|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
2. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
4. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
5. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Quentin changes over the course of the novel and explain how and why. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Does the novel put forth a commentary about fate? If so, what is it? Please provide specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways can the novel be interpreted as Quentin's story rather than Thomas Sutpen's story? Be sure to use specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)