|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
2. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
3. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
4. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
5. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Henry did after his final meeting with his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different narrative techniques used in the novel and what their effects are on reader interpretation. How much of the novel is factual and how much is speculation?
Essay Topic 2
The novel closes with Quentin insisting that he does not hate the South. Does he? Why or why not? Support your answer with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Quentin changes over the course of the novel and explain how and why. Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)