|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) An arm wound that leads to the amputation of his right arm.
(c) He is shot in the foot.
(d) He is knifed in the shoulder.
2. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
(a) Wash Jones kills her.
(b) She dies of yellow fever.
(c) She drowns.
(d) Henry Sutpen kills her.
3. What is Sutpen's occupation between the time he leaves his family and the time he arrives in Jefferson?
(a) He is an architect.
(b) He is a planter.
(c) He is the overseer of a plantation.
(d) He is a woodworker.
4. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) She steals food and relies on donations from the neighbors.
(b) She cultivates a garden.
(c) She hunts.
(d) She lives off the food supplies left in her father's store.
5. What is Charles Bon's religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
2. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
3. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
4. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
5. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)