|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Charles Bon was waiting for when he anticipated the mail that would come to the university from Sutpen's Hundred?
(a) A letter from Judith professing her love.
(b) A letter from Thomas Sutpen revealing that he was Bon's father.
(c) A letter from Ellen suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
(d) A letter from Judith's maid suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
2. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
3. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
(a) She needs shelter.
(b) She wants to marry Sutpen when he returnes.
(c) She needs food.
(d) She is waiting for Sutpen to return.
4. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(b) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(c) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
(d) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
5. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
(a) The love of Charles Bon for Judith Sutpen.
(b) The sale of Sutpen's hundred.
(c) The death of Charles Bon.
(d) The death of Rosa Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
2. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
3. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
4. How old is Rosa at the time of Bon's death?
5. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)