|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
(a) Jason Compson.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Quentin Compson.
2. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) One of his neighbor's servants.
(b) His neighbor's daughter.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Wash Jones' granddaughter.
3. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
4. How does Quentin know about Thomas Sutpen's childhood?
(a) Sutpen tells Quentin's grandfather, who tells Quentin's father, who tells Quentin.
(b) Sutpen's childhood is common knowledge in Jefferson.
(c) The Compsons possessed Thomas Sutpen's diary.
(d) Rosa Coldfield tells Quentin about Sutpen's childhood.
5. Who is the primary narrator of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
2. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
3. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
4. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
5. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)