|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
(a) In a military camp.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) At Sutpen's Hundred.
2. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
(a) The love of Charles Bon for Judith Sutpen.
(b) The sale of Sutpen's hundred.
(c) The death of Rosa Coldfield.
(d) The death of Charles Bon.
3. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He discovers she has a child by another man.
(b) He discovers she is of mixed race.
(c) He hates her father.
(d) He discovers she is an adulteress.
4. Who is the primary narrator of Chapter 8?
5. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She remains emotionless.
(c) She smiles.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
2. What is Charles Bon's religion?
3. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
4. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
5. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)