|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(b) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
(c) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
(d) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
2. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
(a) Purchases a tombstone for her father.
(b) Purchases a tombstone for Charles Bon.
(c) Moves into downtown Jefferson.
(d) Moves to New Orleans.
3. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
(a) She fights with Judith.
(b) Sutpen insults her.
(c) She does not love Sutpen.
(d) She hates Clytie.
4. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe that Henry was wounded?
5. Who kills Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Wash Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
2. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
3. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
4. How does Charles Bon's son die?
5. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)