|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Charles Bon was waiting for when he anticipated the mail that would come to the university from Sutpen's Hundred?
(a) A letter from Judith's maid suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
(b) A letter from Judith professing her love.
(c) A letter from Thomas Sutpen revealing that he was Bon's father.
(d) A letter from Ellen suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
2. What is Charles Bon's religion?
3. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) Jefferson's City Council.
(b) The Confederate Army.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) The Mississippi Senate.
4. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
(a) General Compson.
(b) His first wife.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Charles Bon.
5. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
(a) The child is a girl instead of a boy.
(b) The child is of mixed race.
(c) The child is diseased.
(d) The child is born out of wedlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
2. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
3. When Quentin goes to Sutpen's Hundred with Rosa, who tries to stop them from going up the stairs?
4. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
5. Where does Jim Bond live?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)