|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim Bond live?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In a shack behind the Sutpen estate.
(c) In Jefferson.
(d) In the swamp adjacent to Sutpen's Hundred.
2. Who kills Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Wash Jones.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
3. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Purchases a tombstone for her father.
(c) Moves into downtown Jefferson.
(d) Purchases a tombstone for Charles Bon.
4. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
(a) That Henry should move out of the country.
(b) That Henry must keep Bon's identity a secret.
(c) That Henry cannot allow Bon to marry Judith.
(d) That Henry must kill Charles Bon.
5. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
(a) The love of Charles Bon for Judith Sutpen.
(b) The death of Charles Bon.
(c) The sale of Sutpen's hundred.
(d) The death of Rosa Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
2. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
3. How old is Charles Bon when he goes away to college?
4. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
5. What is Sutpen's occupation between the time he leaves his family and the time he arrives in Jefferson?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)