|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
(a) She does not love Sutpen.
(b) Sutpen insults her.
(c) She fights with Judith.
(d) She hates Clytie.
2. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
(a) Rosa Coldfield's office.
(b) Quentin and Shreve's dorm room.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred, New Orleans, and Civil War battlefields.
3. Who is the primary subject of discussion in Chapter 8?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Quentin Compson.
(d) Charles Bon.
4. How old is Charles Bon when he goes away to college?
5. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
(a) That Henry should move out of the country.
(b) That Henry must keep Bon's identity a secret.
(c) That Henry must kill Charles Bon.
(d) That Henry cannot allow Bon to marry Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
2. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe that Henry was wounded?
3. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
4. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
5. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)