|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 7 says that Sutpen had only one friend. Who is that friend?
(a) Wash Jones.
(b) The French planter.
(c) General Compson.
(d) The French architect.
2. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Mississippi Senate.
(c) The Confederate Army.
(d) Jefferson's City Council.
3. What is the name of Charles and Henry's company during the war?
(a) The University Grays.
(b) The Mississippi Company.
(c) The Jefferson Regiment.
(d) The Oxford Company.
4. What happens to Charles Bon's son after his mother dies?
(a) He becomes a servant in New Orleans.
(b) He is sent to boarding school.
(c) He comes to live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) He inherits her money and becomes a landowner.
5. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In Sutpen's house.
(b) In the Compson house.
(c) In her father's store.
(d) In the swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
2. Who is Penelope?
3. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
4. How does Charles Bon's son die?
5. Who is discussing the Sutpen story in Chapter 6?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)