|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
(a) The West Indies.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New Orleans.
2. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
(c) Charles Bon.
3. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's daughter.
(b) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
(c) Sutpen's sister.
(d) Sutpen's mother.
4. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
(a) She needs shelter.
(b) She needs food.
(c) She wants to marry Sutpen when he returnes.
(d) She is waiting for Sutpen to return.
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
(b) Charles Bon.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) Judith Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the primary subject of discussion in Chapter 8?
2. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
3. What is the name of Charles and Henry's company during the war?
4. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
5. Who is Jim Bond?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)