|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(b) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(c) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
(d) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
2. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
(a) Henry Sutpen kills her.
(b) She drowns.
(c) She dies of yellow fever.
(d) Wash Jones kills her.
3. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's mother.
(b) Sutpen's daughter.
(c) Sutpen's sister.
(d) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
4. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
(a) Judith and Clytie.
(b) Wash Jones.
5. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) In Sutpen's house.
(c) In the Compson house.
(d) In her father's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Thomas Sutpen?
2. How does Charles Bon's son die?
3. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
4. Where does Jim Bond live?
5. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)