Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
2. How does Quentin know about Thomas Sutpen's childhood?
(a) Rosa Coldfield tells Quentin about Sutpen's childhood.
(b) Sutpen's childhood is common knowledge in Jefferson.
(c) The Compsons possessed Thomas Sutpen's diary.
(d) Sutpen tells Quentin's grandfather, who tells Quentin's father, who tells Quentin.
3. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
(a) A day's train ride.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Four hundred miles.
(d) Forty miles.
4. Where is Thomas Sutpen the second time Bon visits Sutpen's estate?
(a) In Haiti.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Jefferson.
(d) In Springfield.
5. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He hates her father.
(b) He discovers she is of mixed race.
(c) He discovers she is an adulteress.
(d) He discovers she has a child by another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
2. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
3. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
4. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
5. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)