|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
(a) The idiot.
(b) The demon.
(c) The fighter.
(d) The devil.
2. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
(a) Moves into downtown Jefferson.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Purchases a tombstone for Charles Bon.
(d) Purchases a tombstone for her father.
3. Where does Jim Bond live?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In a shack behind the Sutpen estate.
(c) In Jefferson.
(d) In the swamp adjacent to Sutpen's Hundred.
4. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
(d) General Compson.
5. Who is Sutpen's first wife?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) The daughter of a French planter who lives in Haiti.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) A slave woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rosa at the time of Bon's death?
2. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
3. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
4. How does Judith Sutpen die?
5. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)