|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
(a) The master of the house shows Sutpen his gun.
(b) The house servants laugh at Sutpen's clothes.
(c) The slave butler tells Sutpen he is not allowed to use the front door and must go to the back of the house.
(d) The lady of the house takes him in and gave him a tour.
2. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe managed Sutpen's first wife's money?
(a) General Compson.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Charles Bon.
3. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
(a) Jones kills her.
(b) Sutpen kills her.
(c) She dies of yellow fever.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
4. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
(a) In the territory that is to become Louisiana.
(b) In the territory that is to become North Carolina.
(c) In the territory that is to become West Virginia.
(d) In the territory that is to become Mississippi.
5. Why does Shreve believe Charles changed the pictures?
(a) So that when he died, Judith would be able to contact his wife and child.
(b) Because Charles never loved Judith.
(c) So that in case he died, Judith would find the picture and think that he had not been worth marrying.
(d) Because Charles intended to mail the picture to his wife and child after marrying Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
2. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
3. Who is Penelope?
4. What is Sutpen's occupation between the time he leaves his family and the time he arrives in Jefferson?
5. What happens to Charles Bon's son after his mother dies?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)