Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Castle.
(b) Sutpen's Manor.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Sutpen's Farm.
2. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is a perfect summer night.
(b) It is raining.
(c) There is a tornado coming.
(d) It is snowing.
3. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) His wife.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
4. How is Charles Bon killed?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) He is hung.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is poisoned.
5. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(b) They go to the theater.
(c) They go dancing.
(d) They go to Holston House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosa marry?
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
4. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
5. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry choose to reject his family and his birthright when his father forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith?
2. Why is Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon such a violent and troubled young man?
3. What does Chapter 6 imply about the reason why Judith took Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon in after he was orphaned?
4. What does Rosa mean when she says that Sutpen "wasn't a gentleman"?
5. Why are there several different versions of how Charles Bon came to find out about his father in Chapter 8?
6. What does Chapter 2 imply about the reason why Mr. Coldfield was the one who ordered the wagons to pick up Sutpen's home furnishings?
7. Why did Ellen ask Rosa to protect Judith but not Henry?
8. What is Quentin distracted by at the end of Chapter 5 that causes him to stop paying attention to the story?
9. Characterize the change in public opinion about Sutpen that occurs in the first few years of his residence in Jefferson, and explain why that change occurs.
10. What does Jason Compson identify as Henry's objection to Bon marrying Judith?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)